SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Man's best friend? Not if woman has cheese I guess
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Man's best friend? Not if woman has cheese I guess Login/Join 
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted
So I just get done with a rousing game of "growl at owner and try and get the ball back" game , which is his favorite game. He is an 80 pound shepherd mix, and is literally curled up in my lap getting petted, all is right with the world... Mans best friend...

Then from the kitchen the sound of a Kraft Single being pulled open, and this dog abandons me in a fraction of a second, pushes off me like a furry bullet. Bye.

Hmmmpf. I'm feeling pretty abandoned.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Common sense is genius dressed in its working clothes
Picture of sandman76
posted Hide Post
The sound of a string cheese wrapper zipping open will bring animals running.

Posts: 1957 | Location: Douglas County, Colorado | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
My Golden forgets about everything and everyone when he hears anybody peal a banana. . .

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21839 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
My mastiff would cross an ocean for cheese. Or as it call it, the stinky fromage

Her new friend, my 9 week old male mastiff, is also learning the game

And since he was 8 pounds when I got him 2 weeks ago, and is now almost 23 pounds, he is learning the game well

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sandman76:
The sound of a string cheese wrapper zipping open will bring animals running.

I had a rescue cat that would awaken from a sound sleep and come running to me when I opened a wrap of lunch meat.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
<SNIP>
Then from the kitchen the sound of a Kraft Single being pulled open, and this dog abandons me in a fraction of a second, pushes off me like a furry bullet. Bye.

Hmmmpf. I'm feeling pretty abandoned.

Just think how the family jewels would have felt if he'd pushed off on them!

It could have been worse!

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5706 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The sound that wakes my 98 lb. Black Lab from the deepest of slumbers is the opening and closing of the microwave oven. He will knock you over if you happen to block his path to the source of that sound! On more than one occasion he has leapt over the back of the couch to take a shortcut to the kitchen. He may be man's best friend, but his best friend is whoever just heated up the chicken in the microwave!

Posts: 375 | Location: The Dark And Bloody Ground | Registered: July 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a husky that would respond to salmon. Coming back home from the market, long Styrofoam tray, wrapped-up in paper, freezer opening up, in the over, on the stove, on the grill, begging at the table...if there was the slightest hint that salmon was for lunch/dinner, he'd come charging-in. We'd give him the salmon skin and he would be delighted.

Posts: 14637 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
I had a husky that would respond to salmon. Coming back home from the market, long Styrofoam tray, wrapped-up in paper, freezer opening up, in the over, on the stove, on the grill, begging at the table...if there was the slightest hint that salmon was for lunch/dinner, he'd come charging-in. We'd give him the salmon skin and he would be delighted.

My Heinz 57 girl is like that, salmon, hell any fish! If I eat out and have sea food of any type and not bring her home something she gets super pissed! Big Grin

So, I try to bring her something home, no matter how good it is and I would like to eat it all....the sacrifices.

Arman

Oh, and she loves cheese also, and funny enough tomatoes and greens.....go figure.

Posts: 3151 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
About 1/4 turn of the lid on the peanut butter does it for mine.

Posts: 17881 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Cat will come zooming in to the kitchen when she hears the freezer opening. She loves to have an ice cube in her water bowl. She will stare at it, prod it, push it around, lick it, stare at it some more. This goes until the cube is totally melted.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30650 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
In our house all you need to do is call one dog (of four - we're a blended family) while in the kitchen and you're all the dogs' best friend.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
My Golden forgets about everything and everyone when he hears anybody peal a banana. . .

^^^ This.

Across the house. Fast asleep. The crack of a banana, will bring him running.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG's 'n Surefires
Picture of M-11
posted Hide Post
The cat chow is kept in a tupperware. No matter how quiet that 'pssst' is, she's there in 3 secs flat from anywhere in the house. Stealthy. Count to three, turn, and there she is.

"Common sense is wisdom with its sleeves rolled up." -Kyle Farnsworth
"Freedom of Speech does not guarantee freedom from consequences." -Mike Rowe
"Democracies aren't overthrown, they're given away." -George Lucas

Posts: 6880 | Location: IL, due south of the Arch | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Reminds me of a time I woke up a bit peckish, an figured I'd get me a couple Chips Ahoy's and some milk.

I did my "Indian barefoot tiptoe" (feathered, not dotted) to the kitchen and get the bag, quietly and ever so slowly fold back the little white tabs, and ever so quietly and slowly unroll the bag, and even more cautiously and slowly open the white plastic sleeve and slip out 4 cookies, then get the sleeve and bag secured and back on the shelf, proud that I have been gone undetected.

Then I turn, and standing there is a pit bull, "smiling" mouth open, and panting more silent than death, and I damned near jumped out of my skin. (and two schnauzers and another pitty are still fast alseep.)

So, I handed "Paisley" a cookie, and I quickly ate my three and "Indianed" my way back to bed.

And this is a dog that crashes and knocks crap all over the place even when it's nearly a country mile away from her.

Never underestimate the power of the pig. Pig's gonna pig.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43870 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
Reminds me of a time I woke up a bit peckish, an figured I'd get me a couple Chips Ahoy's and some milk.

I did my "Indian barefoot tiptoe" (feathered, not dotted) to the kitchen and get the bag, quietly and ever so slowly fold back the little white tabs, and ever so quietly and slowly unroll the bag, and even more cautiously and slowly open the white plastic sleeve and slip out 4 cookies, then get the sleeve and bag secured and back on the shelf, proud that I have been gone undetected.

Then I turn, and standing there is a pit bull, "smiling" mouth open, and panting more silent than death, and I damned near jumped out of my skin. (and two schnauzers and another pitty are still fast alseep.)

So, I handed "Paisley" a cookie, and I quickly ate my three and "Indianed" my way back to bed.

And this is a dog that crashes and knocks crap all over the place even when it's nearly a country mile away from her.

Never underestimate the power of the pig. Pig's gonna pig.

That's one cute pooch.

Arman

Posts: 3151 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
On the 7th day God took a step back and looked upon his creation. And it was good.

But other tasks remained elsewhen. Man, however, was too young to be left alone.

"Dog" God asked, "Will you look after Man while I am away?"

Thus Dog has remained our trusty caretaker and friend ever since.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
"…and God made dogs, and it was very good, and God said: “I’m gonna have to have all of these back.”

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43870 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Character, above all else
Picture of Tailhook 84
posted Hide Post
The refrig door gets their attention, but the opening sound of the vegetable drawer causes all current activity to stop and they run to their beds in the living room. Vegetable drawer means the "orange bone" (a whole carrot) is about to be dispensed.

Mrs. 'Hook uses broccoli florets as rewards during dog training. Cheaper and healthier than the usual treats I'm told.

"The Truth, when first uttered, is always considered heresy."

Posts: 2541 | Location: West of Fort Worth | Registered: March 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
"since he was 8 pounds when I got him 2 weeks ago, and is now almost 23 pounds, he is learning the game well"

....caution there.....beware the dreaded 'cheese-wrapper-wrist' overuse syndrome....

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9853 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post