SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    post script messages and you (poll)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

post script messages and you (poll) Login/Join 
posted
I am curious , about how many are reading some of the diatribe's that are showing up now in the post scripts.

some call them tag lines ,
they are at the bottom of the post.

thanks for taking the time to inform the board

Question:
Whats your limit when you go to reading the post scripts? or do you read all of them regardless of the length?

Choices:
one line , Max!
2 to 4 lines max, thats it thats all
One short paragraph
one medium paragraph
to short paragraphs and thats streaching it
I have all day , so I read it all regardless , but I am a reader anyway
I am only here for the pictures
anything more than four lines is just a plain p.i.t.a.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54602 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
I have signatures and avatars blocked. I don't see them at all.

Posts: 45369 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
It's already bad when the signature doesn't have a line separating it from the comment, but worse when the actual comment is only a couple word reply, followed by a whole paragraph of quotes.

Posts: 7421 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
I kind of wish the separator got put in automatically on every signature.

The worst is when people both have no separator, and a signature like (and I made this up, not trying to out anyone) 'happy days are here again' and posts in a condolence thread.

Winds up looking like this: [quoted for format only]
quote:
Sincere condolences on your loss.

Happy days are here again.

Posts: 15022 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
I didn’t know you could block signatures or avatars. Signatures don’t bother me, as long as there is an HR line to separate than. If there is a separation line, I ignore the signature fir the most part. But as Nismo and Joel both pointed out, those are the ones that I don’t care for.

Avatars, I prefer because I know who people are by their avatar, or a combo of the avatar and their name.

The gif images in avatars and signatures drive me bananas. It’s far worse and more distracting on the Tacoma forum, but it’s one of those thinks I just cannot stand.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Would love to be able to block sigs without blocking avatars.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12399 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
Would love to be able to block sigs without blocking avatars.

Ditto.

I got tired of the signature lines a while back and disabled them, but missed the ability to recognize certain posters by their avatars and ended up turning it back on.

One or two line signatures that are clearly divided from the post itself are fine. Anything more, or anything with no division from the actual post itself, is extremely annoying.

Posts: 32490 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just Hanging Around
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:
I have signatures and avatars blocked. I don't see them at all.

That’s what I do. I’d like to see the avatars, but I don’t want to see the signatures more.

Posts: 3228 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beancooker:

I didn’t know you could block signatures or avatars.
There's an option in the "Preferences" section of your profile.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30641 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
quote:
That’s what I do. I’d like to see the avatars, but I don’t want to see the signatures more.

Yet, you have one. Smile

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Comic Relief
Picture of Eponym
posted Hide Post
Mark123 sent me these instructions some time ago for hiding signature lines (while displaying avatars) in SIGforum when using the Google Chrome browser. Thanks, Mark.

1. Go to this link: https://chrome.google.com/webs...jhadmkdbcldfcb?hl=en
2. Install the application by clicking the "Add to Chrome" button on the upper right.
3. Go to SIGforum and enter the forum.
4. Click the CSS square to the right of the address bar.
5. Put the code in the slide-out box on the right: div.ev_tpc_signature { display: none !important; }
6. Click the CSS square again to dismiss the slide-out.

Posts: 4817 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just Hanging Around
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GaryBF:
quote:

Yet, you have one. Smile

That’s very true. I used one when I first joined the forum. After a while I got tired of seeing all the signatures, so I chose not to view them, or the avatars. I forgot I had one, and since it didn’t show up, I didn’t think about it until today.

I have, I think, deleted it.

Posts: 3228 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Just a friendly reminder on separator lines.

If you put a million underscores in there it may look fine on your 27" monitor, but on a cell phone or tablet it can't wrap the continuous text and messes up the formatting.

If you simply insert this [H R] minus the space between H and R (caps not needed) it will add a separator that can be sized for any display screen and you end up with:

Something

This

It only takes 30 seconds to do and will make people who are not using their home computers lives a little easier.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20810 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Meh, I'm used to them, and don't really read them, yes I have one, but it's important.... you should read it... Big Grin

Posts: 23381 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Making a BFD out of trivial stuff. Tired, ignore, block, read, whatever.

Q

Posts: 26339 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I enjoy the avatars and signature lines.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
If you mean signatures, there is one guy in particular whose signature has more lines than most of his posts. Roll Eyes Ridiculous. I just sort of "tune them out." I used to have little one-line "quip" signatures, but have abandoned even those. There is an option on the forum to block them, but it also blocks avatars, which I do like.

Posts: 27925 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Signiture's, got it. I stand corrected.

Posts: 54602 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why isnt there an option about avoiding them at all costs?

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for taking the time to participate.