SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Who do you hate more, Comcast or Verizon?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who do you hate more, Comcast or Verizon? Login/Join 
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Just got off the phone with Verizon. No cheaper plans for me, and any downgrade would result in a higher bill. Roll Eyes

I just spent 1hr plus talking with them and comparing to Comcast. For the 20 channels I watch I have to have their top tier programming line ups. Since some of the news channels and some of the TLC, DISC, NATGEO channels are only available on the top tiers. With either company it works out to be about $160 per month for HD service with DVR and second box, my handful of channels I watch and 25-100 mbps service.

I wish I could just select 20 channels and pay a la carte for them.

I'd Subscribe to:

1.One America News
2.Fox News Channel
3.Discovery Channel
4.National Geographic
5.Science
6.History
7.Nat Geo Wild
8.TLC
9.Smithsonian Channel
10.Comedy Central
11.USA Network
12.TNT
13.FX
14.Comcast Sports Network/MASN
15.ESPN
16.NFL Network

Plus local broadcasts FOX, NBC, ABC, and CBS.

That is all I freaking watch. 20 channels, which I have to subscribe to 350 channels to get those 20 channels. Something is seriously wrong here.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20820 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
^^^ I'm looking into SlingTv. What you would like to do-- customize your channels--is what they say they offer. Starting at 25 channels. I only had time to briefly surf their website, but check it out: slingtv.com

There used to be an old SNL routine back when AT&T was a monopoly. Their slogan was, "We don't care. We don't have to. We're AT&T."

Now that is Comcast and Verizon. Some of the rants on the "I Hate Comcast/Verizon" are from supposedly former employees of those companies who say that from top brass to the reps on the phone there is contempt and ridicule for customers. I don't know if that is true, but their "customer service" definitely seems that way. Lying to customers, padding bills, dropped service, endless waits on hold, and incompetence with installing and maintaining equipment-- all these things are common with these two rotten companies.

Reading through these posts, and through the online sites, here and there you have more or less happy customers. In a sea of the ripped off and pissed off.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diversified Hobbyist
Picture of Steve 22X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
^^^ I'm looking into SlingTv. What you would like to do-- customize your channels--is what they say they offer. Starting at 25 channels. I only had time to briefly surf their website, but check it out: slingtv.com

Forgot to mention Sling in the prior post.
We did get Sling and for us, it has been perfect.
The primary channel we would watch when we had 'cable' was AMC.
Sling provides this and others for $25 per month without a subscription.
They also offer a sports oriented package or an all inclusive one (for addl. $).
$25 per month without a subscription vs. an additional $110 per month with a minimum 2 year contract to watch the few 'cable' channels we chose was a no-brainer on our part.

Crackle TV is another free choice but the commercials can become overbearing.
They start out short and increase in duration as one gets hooked into the show.
At least they tell you as the commercial starts what the duration will be.
Then one can determine to grab a bite to eat, hit the restroom or write a novel depending upon the time alloted.

-----------------------------------
Regards, Steve
The anticipation is often greater than the actual reward

Posts: 2463 | Location: Wylie, Texas | Registered: November 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
So maybe there is a silver lining in the storm clouds of this thread. Thanks for the info. Wink

Sling might have seen a great big marketing opportunity....

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
My SSID is "Comcast Sucks"

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8353 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
Verizon. A pox upon them.

Posts: 3146 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post