SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Patting myself on the back....
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Patting myself on the back.... Login/Join 
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted
I and my team will get zero credit, and havent, from my company for accomplishing something so ill pat myself and my team on the back for us.

It was a years long fight going after some new business they said we would never get, I was wasting my time, stop being an unrealistic asshole, blah blah. A lot of sweat and tears and sleepless nights later... We accomplished the goal and took the new account. we saved everyone on the team's jobs and kept us in the black.

I don't normally blow my own horn but this was a big personal goal of mine. Some of my team are on this forum, so I say thank you to them for making this happen.

I'm not a sappy type guy but what we just did this week is huge guys and validated everything I set out to do when I became account manager. Thanks all.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather have luck
than skill any day
Picture of mjlennon
posted Hide Post
Well done, my friend. Want a job? Razz

Posts: 1817 | Location: Fayetteville, Georgia | Registered: December 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Nice job, sir!

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

Hopefully someone up the chain is paying attention. You'd think something like adding a notable new account would make management sit up and take notice.

Posts: 15001 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Congrats. It’s always great when good things come to fruition.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4023 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Where liberty dwells,
there is my country
Picture of Nick
posted Hide Post
Nice work! Never listen to the pukers, all they will ever tell you is, “it can’t be done.”

"Escaped the liberal Borg and living free"

Posts: 2223 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: January 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
Bold expectations followed by bold actions. Way to go!

Posts: 7437 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Having been in similar situations as a team-member, although we never received any kudos from the higher-ups, it was enough to hear it from our immediate supervisor and have his thanks.

For a good team it's amazing how much they can do with so little appreciation. I'll add my congratulations and praise for you and your crew.

Posts: 4976 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
Well done, Sir. Nowadays it seems like people only hear about the work they're doing when they fuck something up. Positive reinforcement is rare.

Good on ya, keep it up.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9676 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't normally blow my own horn

50 or more years ago my Grandmother, a very wise woman, told me "Sometimes you have to toot your own horn"

Goals realized can be a fantastic thing, congratulations!

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4117 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fwbulldog
posted Hide Post
Kudos. Think big, win big.

quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
I and my team will get zero credit

Look man, if nobody is looking out for you, then look out for yourself. I know shit is weird right now with C19, but you better be planning on getting somewhere that they appreciate you.

Resentment is no way spend a career. Translate big wins into better jobs.

Posts: 3015 | Location: Round Rock | Registered: February 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
Congrats!

The old pros told me early on to "toot your own trumpet, nobody else will toot it for you" Wink

Posts: 4682 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
and this little pig said:
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hopefully someone up the chain is paying attention

Quite certainly not !!!

This is an accomplishment that you will need to follow up on the results and "remind" management. Otherwise, they will routinely ignore it!
You and your team deserve the recognition and praise (in the least). I worked for a company that rewarded that type of behavior by returning to the "developers" a portion of the company's savings (cost reduction) or increased earnings (better revenue) that the innovation produced.

Companies should be encouraging this sort of behavior!

Good on you and your team!!!

Posts: 3396 | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, Lord Vaalic! That is a huge accomplishment.

Posts: 8602 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Wonderful!

Good on you and your team!!!

Consider y'all patted on the back Big Grin

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
Picture of thomjb
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!!!!!

Thom

"Tulta munille!"
NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Certified Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer
SAF Life Member

Posts: 2835 | Location: SouthWest IN | Registered: August 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Well done Sir, admirable to look out for others welfare in this day and age. And kudos to all who follow suit.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
Good for you, congratulations. Sometimes business is like football, there are a lot of guys in the stands that will stand around with a beer in their hands and tell you how they could have made that play. So just smile and nod and sometimes blow your own horn, and this is a good place to do it.

Posts: 6354 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cparktd:
quote:
I don't normally blow my own horn

50 or more years ago my Grandmother, a very wise woman, told me "Sometimes you have to toot your own horn"

Goals realized can be a fantastic thing, congratulations!

it's true. I've been told by two managers that I need to learn how to celebrate my successes if I wanted to move up.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19582 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post