SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Dodge Challenger Hellcat crash at Colorado airport
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dodge Challenger Hellcat crash at Colorado airport Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 18DAI:
They just sailed right out there.

I get ya. :-)

Fan of Sig, Colt, S&W, Beretta, Browning, etc, etc.

Posts: 168 | Registered: September 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
They trapped a bit long of the 4 wire

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37949 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Important safety tip:

Hell Cat intended to be airborne:

Hell Cat not intended to be airborne:

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Reminds me of a scene from Second Hand Lions....

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29678 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jbcummings:
quote:
Originally posted by cmr076:
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:
They couldn't find an empty straight stretch of Interstate highway?

Too late now for them, but I-8 in Arizona is a good choice.

air strips are incredibly fun to race on. We do events at them all over the state. There is always a marked braking zone, and a "you're basically fucked" mark.

we once raced a PJ in a GT2rs.. the PJ was.... 50' off the deck. FAA wasn't happy about that one. We weren't invited back Razz

One of these??

this is the one Razz

a few screen grabs from the video

view from the runway

and the view from the Porsche

and the video for anyone interested, the race starts at 1:40.. I guess in retrospect I can see why the FAA weren't thrilled with us. It was years ago, but if I recall correctly, the airport manager was fired, they were almost stripped of their operating license, and the pilot was fired from the jet company. .. and we weren't invited back

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
When I saw the thread title, I thought that another irreplaceable Grumman F6F Hellcat was gone. Glad that wasn't so.

Re: "They went a little too fast." Perhaps an accurate statement for large values of "little".

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8919 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JJexp:

I'd of thought that guys who were given permission to use a runway in such a fashion would have had some basic knowledge of runway markings or lighting, so they'd at least know when the end were near.

To be fair, how many of us know when the end is near?

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
the airport manager was fired, they were almost stripped of their operating license, and the pilot was fired from the jet company.

Sounds appropriate - two people who likely don't have any real ass in the game (ie, workers not owners) risking expensive assets for a stupid video.

I'd fire them on the spot as well, without hesitation.

Now if people who own those things want to do that kind of thing on their own property, on their own time - have at it.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zoom6zoom:
quote:

I'd of thought that guys who were given permission to use a runway in such a fashion would have had some basic knowledge of runway markings or lighting, so they'd at least know when the end were near.

I think he's referencing the end of the runway, that "the end". Wink

While I don't know when "the end" is near, I've seen signs along the way indicating it might be likely should I continue with a particular course of action... Big Grin

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JJexp
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by jbcummings:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:
They couldn't find an empty straight stretch of Interstate highway?

Too late now for them, but I-8 in Arizona is a good choice.

air strips are incredibly fun to race on. We do events at them all over the state. There is always a marked braking zone, and a "you're basically fucked" mark.

we once raced a PJ in a GT2rs.. the PJ was.... 50' off the deck. FAA wasn't happy about that one. We weren't invited back Razz

One of these??

this is the one Razz

a few screen grabs from the video

view from the runway

and the view from the Porsche

and the video for anyone interested, the race starts at 1:40.. I guess in retrospect I can see why the FAA weren't thrilled with us. It was years ago, but if I recall correctly, the airport manager was fired, they were almost stripped of their operating license, and the pilot was fired from the jet company. .. and we weren't invited back

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/JUxZi2N0-qQ" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

That absolutely serves them right. Little jet drivers are notorious for doing stupid things, and that guy certainly didn't help their case. Also, the FAA is well known for going after those foolish enough to have video of what they've done posted on the internet.

One of the better pieces of advice I've gotten was to not log any flights where I've done something stupid enough to get me in trouble, and it's served me well.

quote:
Originally posted by zoom6zoom:
quote:

I was waiting for something like that Smile

In keeping with the theme of this friend, my buddy pulled a snowboarder behind the Pilates that he flies, only he had approval of the local government and the Swiss aviation authority.

Snowboarder towed behind plane

Posts: 451 | Location: Hatboro, PA | Registered: May 25, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post