SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Best part of the Olympics
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best part of the Olympics Login/Join 
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Did the USA men's curling team win the Gold? I am shocked if they did. They had to win three in a row just to qualify for the medal tournament. That has to be one of the all time come back olympic stories ever.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19158 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
Did the USA men's curling team win the Gold? I am shocked if they did. They had to win three in a row just to qualify for the medal tournament. That has to be one of the all time come back olympic stories ever.

Heck yeah they did! I actually found the match to be pretty engaging. Darn exciting in fact.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Here's a "rest of the story" thing I saw tonight: NBC brought together 5 members of the 1960 USA hockey team that was the first to win the gold medal for hockey. They mentioned that "Herbie Brooks" was the last one cut from the team. Hey, I know that name...Wikipedia provides the "rest of the story": Herb Brooks was motivated to go on winning as a player and coach, culminating in coaching the 1980 USA hockey team at Lake Placid. Amazing history...that could have ended when he was cut from the 1960 team.

Posts: 18044 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nebraska version of curling!

https://video.search.yahoo.com...19e7899&action=click

He Is No Fool Who Gives What He Cannot Keep,
To Gain That Which He Cannot Lose!

Posts: 593 | Location: central nebraska | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
I've come to enjoy Olympic curling greatly....its rather similar to an icy form of competitive 'geezer shuffleboard' mixed with lawn dart scoring while sliding flat bowling balls & scoring without the need for pins or worry about concussions or broken bones.

I read where moderately successful professionals in Canada average $100k salary.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9853 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
NBC is showing Olympic Gold”, supposedly a recap of various gold medal performances, but they just spent 15 minutes on the history of snowboarding.

Granted, there were some amazing performances by those kids, but it wasn’t they only sport of interest. Not surprised that they did that segment, as the predominant age of those snowboarders is the 18 to 24 YOA folks, and that was also the target TV audience that NBC was aiming at, and which have mostly ignored the TV.

http://deadline.com/2018/02/te...hang-nbc-1202302679/

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2698 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think Mike Tirico did a pretty good job. I thought Johnny Weir fabulous!

P229

Posts: 3823 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post