SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Mike Rowe hits it out of the park again
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mike Rowe hits it out of the park again Login/Join 
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
I love the way Mike calmly and efficiently breaks down this liberal trash pile and comes out smelling like a rose in the process. The burn she is feeling must be ferocious.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15573 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
She most certainly is not going to win that battle of wits. Foolish child.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
She most certainly is not going to win that battle of wits. Foolish child.

Nothing like going into battle "unarmed".

A word of advice to "ol becky".

When you are in a really deep hole, quit digging.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
I just visited your page, and read your own description of you. It was revealing. It says, “I stand my ground. I fear no one & nothing. I have & will fight for what's right.”
Yeah, that crap is perfectly typical of leftsists- they see themselves as so brave, although it seems to be all talk. It's always so vague: "I will not back down". Great. Back down from what? Anything? Everything? Some particular thing or things?

Leftists love posturing, because for them it's all about how things look, not how things actually are. The truth doesn't matter. What matters is how they WANT things to be.
Empty words from an empty head, parroting the same empty words spoken by other empty-headed leftists.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
BECKY SAID: “I stand my ground. I fear no one & nothing..."

Well bless her heart, I guess she just hasn't been some of the places I have.

Posts: 6390 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Re: "It's true. The existence of Black Holes has never been proven. Some cosmologists are now convinced they don’t exist at all, and the race to prove their actuality has become pretty intense. Why? Because so much of what we think we know about the cosmos depends upon them. In other words, the most popular explanations as to how the universe actually works, are based upon the existence of a thing that no one has been able to prove."

Similarly, much of mathematical number theory depends on the correctness of the hypothesis that all of the nontrivial roots of the complex zeta function lie on the line x = 1/2. Mathematicians simply assume that it's true, even though it's never been proven.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8946 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
Read down in the comments section, she tries to get snarky with him and gets absolutely verbally disemboweled for a second time.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11765 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
Re: "It's true. The existence of Black Holes has never been proven. Some cosmologists are now convinced they don’t exist at all, and the race to prove their actuality has become pretty intense. Why? Because so much of what we think we know about the cosmos depends upon them. In other words, the most popular explanations as to how the universe actually works, are based upon the existence of a thing that no one has been able to prove."

Similarly, much of mathematical number theory depends on the correctness of the hypothesis that all of the nontrivial roots of the complex zeta function lie on the line x = 1/2. Mathematicians simply assume that it's true, even though it's never been proven.
And don't forget "Dark matter". Oh, brother Roll Eyes

Astrophysicists keep crunching numbers about the total mass of the Universe and their calculations are way off, so what do they do? Do they say "We have much to learn. Right now, we have no explanation for the discrepancy"? Nope. They simply plug in a factor known as "Dark matter", which NO ONE has ever seen, but hey, it's just GOT to exist! Otherwise, their calculations don't add up, y' see. For fuck's sake!

Also, old Al Einstein- remember him? E = MC2 and all that? Pretty smart guy, wouldn't you say? Yeah, try performing a web search on the following question: "Why did Einstein introduce the cosmological constant to his equations?"

If you're interested, take a look at Einstein's INCORRECT "cosmological constant", and see why old Al plugged that into his numbers.

"Dark Matter" is the same thing. It's bullshit, because they don't know everything, but want to act as if they do. Just keep fudging numbers until you get the answer you EXPECT. Gosh, that's such an elegant scientific method. No problem with that. Nope. Roll Eyes

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
I wish he’d run for president.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5319 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
For those that don't follow him regularly, his posts about his parents are hilarious. Here is one he just put up:

Flying to Chicago with the parents, who are recently recovered from the flu. The doctor allowed them to travel, but advised them to take every precaution…

Mom: Michael, will it embarrass you if we wear our surgical masks on this flight?

Mike: Not if you’re performing surgery.

Dad: Don’t be a smart guy. We’re strapped into a giant Petri dish. The doctor says these masks could save our lives!

Mike: Only if your wife actually puts the mask over her nose.

Mom: I don’t like it over my nose. It fogs up my glasses.

Dad: Then what’s the point? The germs will get up your nose if you don’t keep it covered!

Mom: But I can’t see the Sudoku if my glasses are all fogged up!

Mike: He’s right, Mom. If you’re gonna wear the mask, you might as well wear it properly.

Mom: But if it’s over my nose, I’ll be breathing CO2. That’s a deadly gas, you know.

Dad: Good grief, Peggy, do you think the doctor would tell us to wear a mask if it were gonna kill us!

Mom: What do YOU know, John? You’ve got your string wrapped around your hearing aid!

Dad: What?

Captain: Welcome aboard, everyone. We’ll be flying into a pretty stiff headwind today, but we’re still gonna do our best to assure an on-time arrival.

Dad: “Do our best?” What the hell does that mean? Don’t they always do their best?

Mom: He sounds sleepy, Michael.

Mike: Who, Dad?

Mom: No, the Pilot.

Mike: He’s not sleepy, he’s just bored.

Mom: I hope there’s a co-pilot. Do you suppose there’s a co-pilot up there?

Mike: Probably. Where else would they put him?

Mom: Do you think he’s wearing a mask?

Flight Attendant: Excuse me, can I get you two something to drink?

Dad: Pardon me?

Flight Attendant: I said, CAN I GET YOU TWO SOMETHING TO DRINK?

Dad: Yes, please, I’d like some orange juice.

Flight Attendant: I beg your pardon?

Dad: Some orange juice, please.

Flight Attendant: I'm sorry, sir, can you speak up?

Mom: John, take your mask off, she can’t understand you.

Dad: I’m not taking this mask off. She might be infected!!

Mom: So I guess you’ll be drinking your orange juice through the mask?

Dad: Maybe I will!!!

Mom: Well then, I’m not putting this stupid thing over my nose!!!

Flight Attendant: I can come back later…

Mike: To answer your question, Mom, no - this isn’t embarrassing at all…

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love how people forget that Mike is college educated and very intelligent.

Posts: 4587 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orthogonal
posted Hide Post
quote:
__________________________________________________________________________________
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:

__________________________________________________________________________________

I would humorously contest that Mathematicians assume that the non trivial roots, aka zeroes, of the Riemann Zeta function lie on the real part of z line of x=1/2. Assume is a big word. This is an open challenge that has been studied for well over century by many brilliant minds, not all of whom were number theorists; those who labor in the world of complex analysis are equally curious, as was Herr Doktor Professor Riemann. I recall long ago hearing from one researcher that the interesting roots 'seem to be getting nervous farther out on the line'. Some number theorists appear to have a neurosis about their avocation so that making the assumption may have a becalming influence upon them!
Big Grin

Posts: 519 | Registered: May 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
rebecca bright: not so bright.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bless her heart.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wishfull thinker:
BECKY SAID: “I stand my ground. I fear no one & nothing..."

Admirable qualities Becky. Taking you literally, I recommend you demonstrate it, real world, to prove your point. Short trip to Alaska, locate a thousand pound or so grizzly - there are plenty to be had - and walk right up. Otherwise, you're a liar Becky sweets. That doesn't make you a bad person. Just a pompous pontificating idiot.

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Nothing like somebody who's so lost in their own alternate reality they don't realize they've been totally burned

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have recently been enjoying "How the Universe Works"
I am an Engineer and I believe in Science. I use science every day....A LOT. It works.

But I still can't get over the fact that it took till roughly 1930 for science to recognize a phenomenon that could have just as accurately been described as the "Let there be light" moment. How did the writers of the Bible know this stuff at literally the beginning of recorded human history ?!?!
Smile

"Crom is strong! If I die, I have to go before him, and he will ask me, 'What is the riddle of steel?' If I don't know it, he will cast me out of Valhalla and laugh at me."

Posts: 6641 | Registered: September 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The most important thing about Science is to know what you know and know what you DON'T know!

Newtonian physics allowed us to travel to the moon and send probes past the planets of our solar system but it takes Einsteins time equations for Satellites to keep perfectly accurate time. We can do a lot with what we know but there is WAY more that we DON'T KNOW...........dj

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
That is the fundamental difference between science, a philosophical frame work to use to analyze the natural world, and “scientism ” a cult, which many members do not even know they belong

Posts: 5734 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
This is the hardest Ive laughed all day.

Mike Rowe is a national treasure.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4224 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post