SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Heads up, USB and outlets combined! So awesome!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Heads up, USB and outlets combined! So awesome! Login/Join 
posted
OK, kids have been taking the USB plugs that you An electrican buddy pointed out that you can buy an aftermarket plug in that has both a U and electrical outlet combined. Looked it up,got a surge protector with 3 outlets and 4 USB's and it screws into the outlet. It's not waling away anyplace soon. I'm in heaven. Have my watch and phone plugged into it right not, room for my wifes watch and phone too.

Something like:

Here's one looks like a wall switch and USB outlets.

Posts: 1920 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Where have you been living? Under a rock? Razz

Q

Posts: 26339 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Yeah, they're handy. I've seen some newer houses with USB built/wired in to the wall outlets already.

I've stuck these on a number of outlets in my house:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod...ages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Posts: 32490 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
This is my current favorite outlet mounted surge protector with USB: https://smile.amazon.com/Tripp...Rotatable+Outlet+usb

Having the rotatable outlets is great for electrical outlets behind wall mounted TVs, behind night stands, etc.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23209 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Moving cash
for money
posted Hide Post
Eh standards change constantly. Give me a wall wart that is best for a given device. Qualcomm Quick Charge is up to what version 4.0? And what is Apple's latest standard? Even 2.1A 5V is slow for my couple of year old Android.

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles scream and shout" R.I.P. R.A.H.
Ooga Chakka Hooga Hooga Ooga Chakka Hooga Hooga
NRA Basic Rifle Instructor
Red Cross First Aid/CPR/AED Adult/Child/Infant Instructor
Red Cross Wilderness First Aid Instructor

Posts: 9912 | Location: Jawjah | Registered: December 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:

+1

These have been around for years.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by detroit192:
Eh standards change constantly.

Good point. Grounded plugs and outlets are going to be around for a while. With the speed of technology, USB may give way to something new fairly soon - USB-C is already here.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19645 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Yup.. Those are already nearly obsolete in my household. Alot of my stuff is on USB-C now.

Also, surge protectors wear out.

Posts: 13047 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Welcome to 2015!

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10928 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:

+1

These have been around for years.

Even in rocks.

Posts: 22894 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
quote:
Originally posted by detroit192:
Eh standards change constantly.

Good point. Grounded plugs and outlets are going to be around for a while. With the speed of technology, USB may give way to something new fairly soon - USB-C is already here.

I think USB-C is going to be around for a while too.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8931 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My son picked this out for Christmas. I have since purchased one. I like it, It really handles things well.
USB Tower

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Pictures are too small. Could you find bigger ones?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
These are available at most Lowes/Home Depot.

https://www.leviton.com/en/pro...r-outletsreceptacles

I've been installing them around my house since we moved in. They're pretty handy.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9152 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife reminded me, that she uses this one when she travels.

She always has power at the airport.
jsver compact travel strip with usb

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Most I have seen have normal two plug outlets and in the middle they squeeze two usb plugs.

I'm not sure what a reputable brand is. I worry about them overheating, causing fires, etc.

Posts: 17880 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post