SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I'm Running for Office
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I'm Running for Office Login/Join 
Distinguished Pistol Shot
posted
Due to term limits my current State Representative cannot run for re-election. After giving it some thought and talking it over with my wife, I decided to give it a go.

I have a broad background that would make me a good legislator. I have a degree in Biology and a Doctor of Chiropractic degree, so I am not easily misled by "climate change" activists, As well as living through the "upcoming ice age" hoax in the 60's and 70's.

Like the rest of you on the forum I'm 100% pro 2A. I've been a Life NRA Member for over 20 years. Competed at Camp Perry (Pistol) and Bianchi Cup. I have been a volunteer at two NRA conventions and as a Range Officer for 12 years at the Bianchi Cup.

I'm a veteran of the Missouri National Guard. Six years as a 13F, Artillery Observer. Sergeant E-5.

I have 28 years of experience dealing with Hazardous Waste regulations and DOT safety regulations. I know how the heads of these state agencies (and other agencies) mislead lawmakers to increase their budgets and power. I'll work hard to expose that and keep a tight reign on the budget.

My election committee is holding a fund raiser raffling a PSA Ar-15. If there are any members interested in helping me in my endeavor by contributing and or buying tickets send me an email to davidg4staterep@yahoo.com

Thanks for reading and wish me luck!

Posts: 829 | Location: South Central MO | Registered: August 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
BTDT. Said never again, and then I did it a second time.

Good luck, brother!

You forgot to mention what race. 1st rule of running for office - never forget to mention what you're running for. Wink

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16263 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Good luck bro. Sounds like it’ll be an adventure.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4023 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Good luck!

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BurtonRW:
BTDT. Said never again, and then I did it a second time.

Good luck, brother!

You forgot to mention what race. 1st rule of running for office - never forget to mention what you're running for. Wink

-Rob

I'm running for Missouri State Representative, 142nd District.

Love your avatar. Atlas Shrugged is one of my favorite books.

Posts: 829 | Location: South Central MO | Registered: August 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
Do you have any cool Doug Koenig stories?

Year V

Posts: 2613 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:

Texas County, including much of Fort Leonard Wood
Is Robert Ross running for re-election?
Good luck to you, sir!

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23944 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
Best of luck!!

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Keystoner:
Do you have any cool Doug Koenig stories?

Well, I was a range officer when he was at Bianchi the first time. He seemed like a good person. I don't have anything negative to say about him the several years I saw him shoot.

There were a couple well known shooters who were whiners, but they may have changed so I won't name them.

The person I met whom I respect the most is Jerry Michalek. He was great with the range officers. When I shot I practiced with him at the practice range. He was always there with a suggestion to help my shooting.

Rob Latham was great. Funny, nice guy.

99% of my memories from the Cup are positive.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:

Texas County, including much of Fort Leonard Wood
Is Robert Ross running for re-election?
Good luck to you, sir!

No, Mr. Ross is term limited after this term. He is running for the 8th District State Senate seat.

Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
That's awesome. Good luck.

Year V

Posts: 2613 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an
opportunity to STFU
posted Hide Post
Best of luck! The nation needs people like you. May I be the first to congratulate you on your win.

Never be more than one step away from your sword-Old Greek Wisdom

Posts: 2294 | Location: SE Mich-- USA | Registered: September 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good Luck!! More of "us" need to do that. It would make for a better country.

_________

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right.

Henry Ford

Posts: 724 | Location: Texas | Registered: October 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just promise voters "Free Shit" and you're in.
And, good luck.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
It’s not an easy decision to run for office. Best wishes on your campaign.

Posts: 5691 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Go get em!

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We Are...MARSHALL
Picture of armedmd
posted Hide Post
Good luck! I think more of us need to get off the sidelines and get in the game, myself included. Not ready for office yet but maybe someday.

Build a man a fire and keep him warm for a night, set a man on fire and keep him warm the rest of his life.

Posts: 1893 | Location: WV | Registered: December 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
Good on you.

Go kick ass!!!

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3457 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
kick ass and knock 'em dead

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
Best of luck to you.

Posts: 1949 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post