SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I'm Running for Office
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I'm Running for Office Login/Join 
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Good luck to you, which in politics is likely a blessing and curse.

Never ran for office myself but I imagine its one of those "be careful what you wish for" type things.

JB

quote:
Originally posted by dgshooter:
Due to term limits my current State Representative cannot run for re-election. After giving it some thought and talking it over with my wife, I decided to give it a go.

I have a broad background that would make me a good legislator. I have a degree in Biology and a Doctor of Chiropractic degree, so I am not easily misled by "climate change" activists, As well as living through the "upcoming ice age" hoax in the 60's and 70's.

Like the rest of you on the forum I'm 100% pro 2A. I've been a Life NRA Member for over 20 years. Competed at Camp Perry (Pistol) and Bianchi Cup. I have been a volunteer at two NRA conventions and as a Range Officer for 12 years at the Bianchi Cup.

I'm a veteran of the Missouri National Guard. Six years as a 13F, Artillery Observer. Sergeant E-5.

I have 28 years of experience dealing with Hazardous Waste regulations and DOT safety regulations. I know how the heads of these state agencies (and other agencies) mislead lawmakers to increase their budgets and power. I'll work hard to expose that and keep a tight reign on the budget.

My election committee is holding a fund raiser raffling a PSA Ar-15. If there are any members interested in helping me in my endeavor by contributing and or buying tickets send me an email to davidg4staterep@yahoo.com

Thanks for reading and wish me luck!

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR
posted Hide Post
good luck!

Speak softly and carry a big stick loaded Sig

Posts: 4887 | Location: Raleigh, North Carolina | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
Good luck, David. Do you have a campaign website?

Posts: 8603 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Distinguished Pistol Shot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:
Good luck, David. Do you have a campaign website?

No, but I do have a facebook page:Giarratano4staterep

Posts: 829 | Location: South Central MO | Registered: August 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good luck with your run and thanks for your service helping out at the Cup.

Will you be there again this year?

I shot my first Cup last year and will certainly be back again this year.

Doug is certainly in his own world while he's on the range. Rob is a hoot and talks to everyone like you've been friends for years.

Posts: 2486 | Location: Southern Minnesota | Registered: March 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Good luck! We need more like you!

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
Good luck with the campaign.

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8752 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
Awesome, was this Long’s seat?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4810 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
Good Luck1

BTDT. Michigan's 58th House District in 2014. Finshed 3rd in a 7 way primary.

Served 3 terms as a county commissioner. Three years in now as a township supervisor.

Assemble a good team. Remember your job is to talk to voters and raise money. Let your people do the rest.

When is the Primary?

Posts: 11219 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
Two questions:

Will the incumbent endorse you?

How well does his platform align with yours?

If he’s popular and has done a good job, you really need his help.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Appliance Brad:
Good Luck1

Served 3 terms as a county commissioner. Three years in now as a township supervisor.

Assemble a good team. Remember your job is to talk to voters and raise money. Let your people do the rest.

When is the Primary?

Welcome back, sir. Hope you stick around.

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by Appliance Brad:
Good Luck1

When is the Primary?

Welcome back, sir. Hope you stick around.

+1

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 9mmnut
posted Hide Post
Good luck sir. I think you are overqualified to be a politican.

Posts: 1195 | Location: Southern ,Mi. | Registered: October 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post