SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Tell me about the current Ford Mustangs (2015-2017), any ownersere? *UPDATE pg 4*
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tell me about the current Ford Mustangs (2015-2017), any ownersere? *UPDATE pg 4* Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Flat ass....beautiful.

Posts: 2096 | Location: Bowling Green, KY | Registered: January 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice! That car looks great, good choice.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
Nice, welco.e to the club! Check out Lethal Performance! If they have what you are looking for, contact them for a discount quote. American Muscle often has deals on tire and wheel combos. There are a meelion Mustang forums out there. FB also has a bunch of groups, just search S550.

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great looking car. I would drive it for a while before deciding on an exhaust. With a convertible an aftermarket exhaust can be annoying after a while unless it's just a weekend car.

Posts: 3910 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
Very nice!

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8343 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
5.0L is one of the best engines of the last 10 years.

Congratulations on a fine automobile!

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11144 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
Any word on the 2018? When they be available? They're supposed to have updated the manual transmission, something that would be great if it smoothed it out and balanced the ratios a little better.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8343 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I dig it. Great color combo.

Enjoy!

Posts: 5160 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
So I am looking at tire options for the 20" wheels, and there really aren't very many for an all season tire.

Seattle area weather is just not conducive to summer tires, and this is my commute vehicle.

I can pick up a set of four 18" stock rims for $425 and really expand my tire options. Not sure if I would sell the 20's or swap them in during the summer months.

In addition to $100 less our tire with 18s, I am thinking mileage might be a little improved as well with lighter weight and smaller contact patch.

Probably a little softer ride as well with more sidewall. Understanding I would give up some "performance" not that I'd really be needing it to commute, any negative going down to the "stock" wheel/tire combination?

Not mine, but here is a good pic of my color/interior combo. Weather isn't cooperating for taking pics yet.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10928 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yes, that is really the only thing I considered a "negative". Just not practical for this area. Undecided if I will get a spare set of wheels, replace with AS tires and sell off the summer tires, or just drive the truck when it dips down to 40 or less. Hopefully I won't have to make a decision for 4-5 months now...

quote:
Seattle area weather is just not conducive to summer tires, and this is my commute vehicle.

If you've never had a car with dedicated summer tires, I'd encourage you to at least enjoy those the next few months before making that decision. Unless it's a financial or logistical burden, I think you'll find the performance on those much more invigorating that A/S tires, and that leaves you the option of swapping out.

A good set of M/S all seasons will likely last you their 5-7 year lifespan of rubber longevity if only used less than half of each year, and you can blast around in that sweet ride on sticky rubber the rest of the time. In addition to the stock 18s, you could split the difference with a 19 I'm sure. Those with 255/40-19 are another stock option, and Tire Rack shows 13 A/S tire options in that size, all with treadwear ratings in the 400-500 range.

I am, admittedly, a tire whore. I've had the good fortune to have driven on some really good and some great street rubber, and greatly appreciate the value of putting the best I can get on my cars.

One of the most important parts of that equation for me is wet traction. You'll find that fresh summer tires will amaze you in the rain if you've not yet had that experience. Not 35 degree rain of course, but spring/summer rain is a whole different game. They will be an eye-opener for you I suspect!

And finally:
quote:
I am thinking mileage

said nobody EVER while driving around a GT that has barely worn off the tire stickers.

Live a little, have some fun and accept that your mileage is worse now than likely ever. I suspect that you find yourself tipping into that throttle a little more than normal for the combo of engine/exhaust noise and the pure thrust. Enjoy that, and reconsider downgrades to rubber to save .4 MPG. Smile

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12402 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love the color combo, enjoy the sweet ride!

Posts: 1177 | Location: Upstate  | Registered: January 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
She's gorgeous. Please don't sell those wheels.

Shop a used set of take-offs and use those as summer only wheels/tires. I have 18" cobras with BFG G Force on my 04, but I have a set of 16" stock aluminums with all season radials that I use December through April. I can swap them out in about 30 minutes, even faster if I remember to charge my electric impact. Wink

Posts: 10740 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
Sorry man, drag radials are so fun!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post