SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Does the U.S. Postal system know what their doing?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Does the U.S. Postal system know what their doing? Login/Join 
Picture of rtquig
posted
Yesterday I sent a Priority letter to Philly. Here is the tracking on the letter. What the heck is going on with these people?

Tracking History

September 21, 2018, 8:40 am
Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
NEWARK NJ DISTRIBUTION CENTER
Your item arrived at our USPS facility in NEWARK NJ DISTRIBUTION CENTER on September 21, 2018 at 8:40 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

September 21, 2018, 6:52 am
Departed USPS Regional Facility
PHILADELPHIA PA NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER

September 21, 2018, 4:33 am
Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
PHILADELPHIA PA NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER

September 21, 2018, 3:10 am
Departed USPS Regional Facility

September 20, 2018, 8:30 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility

September 20, 2018, 4:37 pm
Departed Post Office
LANOKA HARBOR, NJ 08734

September 20, 2018, 10:12 am
USPS in possession of item
LANOKA HARBOR, NJ 08734

Living the Dream

Posts: 4015 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
All those employees and not one fucking clue!

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Just accept that the USPS incompetence is perpetual, and your BP will thank you for it.

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
A rhetorical question?

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
What else can you get done for the price of a stamp?

Cheaper than a courier or delivering it yourself.

At least it didn't have to go through the ISC in New York. That is where good packages go to die...

Unless you happen to know the Inspector General. Shit gets found really fast & thrown on a jet after that.

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Am I missing something here..?

I see in-bound & out-bound scans at all the facilities your letter progressed though.

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
Am I missing something here..?

I see in-bound & out-bound scans at all the facilities your letter progressed though.

He sent a letter from south jersey ~50miles east of Philly.
It went to newark nj 70 miles north of him. Then it went to Philly (the destination city), then it went back to Newark. If he folded the letter in to a paper plane and threw it, it would get there faster.

Posts: 1040 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:

At least it didn't have to go through the ISC in New York. That is where good packages go to die...

Unless you happen to know the Inspector General. Shit gets found really fast & thrown on a jet after that.

This cost me a little over $11 to send.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4015 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
quote:

If they shut down USPS and gave the service to UPS or FedEx they would do a much better job for the same cost and unlike USPS they wouldn’t operate at a deficit.

Posts: 4107 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Just accept that the USPS incompetence is perpetual, and your BP will thank you for it.

More than likely this will be the best advice given in this thread.

Posts: 4107 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
The point here is that no matter the cost, the service was not performed. The cost is totally irrelevant.

Posts: 17236 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As long as our mail can stay away from Chicago, the service around here is very good.

Posts: 1351 | Location: WI | Registered: July 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PakRatJR
posted Hide Post
My first rent check at my first apartment many years ago.

Post office was 8ish? minutes from me. Landlords po box was in the same post office.

Wrote the check and dropped it at the counter roughly 30 feet from the box and thought nothing else of it.

Few days later I get a call from the landlord wondering where my rent was....???

Turns out it went from my local PO to a hub? I guess, in a different city but same state, then left the state, then came back to a different hub back in state, then back to local and finally into the po box. It literally took just shy of FIVE days to go the 30 feet from the counter to the box.

Every rent check since then has been in the mail a minimum of a week ahead of time. Smile

Posts: 483 | Location: Sussex WI | Registered: April 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrvmax:
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:

More than likely this will be the best advice given in this thread.

The envelope contained a passport, birth certificate, and a marriage license. It's not something that I can say screw it if It doesn't get delivered. It is insured, but getting new documents is a pain.

Living the Dream

I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rtquig:
The envelope contained a passport, birth certificate, and a marriage license. It's not something that I can say screw it if It doesn't get delivered. It is insured, but getting new documents is a pain.

For something that important, no way I'm using USPS. It's going to be FedEx for documents like that.

Posts: 13111 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Does the U.S. Postal system know what their doing?

This made me snort a bit. Sorry. Don't mean nuthin'. Smile

Posts: 15893 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nighthawk
posted Hide Post
Not the mailman, he is a total dipshit. Almost 50% of the time have other neighbors mail, because he is to stupid to make the numbers on the envelope match the ones on the box. The one before him would leave the mail hanging half way out the box, without closing the door. Last Christmas I had an expensive purse delivered fo my wife, he just leaned it against the mailbox (50 ft from the house) and left it there. Never mind porch pirates are stealing everything they can. Found out lots of people in the area had the same problem. Called the postmaster here, he said it should not happen, but, HE was not going to apologize for it. He is an asshole of the first order, really would love to see him get fired. Another over paid employee, who could give two shits if the job is done right.

"Hold my beer.....Watch this".

Posts: 5933 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd like to see how many 100,000,000's of pieces of mail the USPS handled on September 21, 2018 and they only screwed up yours.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13400 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nighthawk
posted Hide Post
It’s not just mine, the entire subdivision is having the same problem, I’m not paid to redeliver mail that he can’t seem to figure out to get to the right house. Have had years and years with no problem, nd I’m in a town of 450 people.

"Hold my beer.....Watch this".

Posts: 5933 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post