SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What kind of bike (with pedals) do you, or did you ride? Post pics!!!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What kind of bike (with pedals) do you, or did you ride? Post pics!!! Login/Join 
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Mine is a Haro V3 I bought new in 2008, I think it's a 2007 model. No picture, but it looks exactly like this one.

Great bike, absolutely love it. I wore out the tires a few years back and never got it fixed up. My neighbor a few doors down is an enthusiast and has offered to get it in riding shape for me a few times. Might have to go ahead and take him up on that. Now that I have a truck, it would be nice to throw it in the bed, head out and cruise some trails, maybe *gasp* actually ride my mountain bike on a mountain. Big Grin

Posts: 17125 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigeinkcmo:
quote:
Originally posted by Beancooker:
That said, there is a lot of truth in engineering.

The standard bike double diamond is tried and true.

Your bmx pic reminded me of an old mountain bike from back in the day (not mine).

It’s a good design, provided the cable doesn’t break. I don’t know if I would have the balls to ride it, aside if cruising the street.
The JAD bike I posted on page two, had a lot of frame flex. Aside of that it was ahead of it’s time, which was not good. It range an odd sized three piece bottom bracket, which made it damn near impossible to get cranks and the BB. When I did find a pair, it was expensive. The chainstays swayed out in such a way, you had to run short crank arms, or an extra length BB.

I think it’s pretty awesome to see and remember all the bikes everyone is talking about.

I really need to find some Maxxis Holy Rollers for mine and get out there this fall.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
This is Mrs. Cookers bike. She never learned to ride a two wheeler, so we picked up a nice trike for her.
She’s pretty small, so we had to reverse the stem (gooseneck) so the bars are more reachable. It seems sketchy to me, but I remind myself, it’s not like she’s jumping this thing down some trials trails. She’s slowly pedaling around the neighborhood.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You'll Shoot Your Eye Out!
Picture of MaThGr82
posted Hide Post
Ordered this bike in August...should be shipping December 2nd Smile

Posts: 6302 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: October 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I’ve gotten back into cycling BIGTIME. Turns out I live only a minutes ride from some amazing trails and a HUGE park. Last year a friend of mine got some full suspension bikes and let me borrow one to ride with him. Now I’m 100% hooked.

I got these two last year. I’m probably going to tear apart the Giant and use many of its parts to build a 4130 hardtail.

I bought this a few months ago with the intention of converting it to a rear hub drive e-bike but I ended up liking it so much I bought a different bike for an e-bike build.

Most recently I’ve been into Marin’s steel offerings.
This is my bad weather/winter weather + size tire bike, a 2019 Pine Mountain. The 2.8 wide tires on this thing are FUN and offer amazing traction. When they wear out I’m going to go up to 3 inch tires.

A 4130 steel frame 2021 Marin Nicasio + has been my most recent addition. This bike is so much fun on road or off. Yeah it’s a bit on the heavy side but the ride is great and the WTB Horizon tires work perfectly for my type of riding. It feels like a rocket ship compared to my knobby tire mountain bikes. I wanted to get the beautiful blue Nicasio 2 which has ThruAxles and would be easier to upgrade wheel sets but everyone is sold out of that model in my size right now so I went for the coffee colored mid tier model. It’s quite a color eh? Big Grin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Sorry Noah, I thought I responded to this long ago....

My modified 1991 Bridgestone CB-0 shown here sitting on a Minoura rimdrive trainer. Age and health issues no longer permit my use outdoors I once really enjoyed. For that matter it doesn't get much use indoors on the trainer these days either. Frown

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16213 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Since the OP is into 20 inch BMX style bikes I suppose ill post up my various BMX bikes through the years.

The Specialized Fat Boy is not a bike that I raced, I raced against them. I raced a Powerlite very much like the baby blue example in front of it. That is my old number plate from racing in Hampton Virginia.

My trusty Dave Mirra 540 air is looking pretty rough these days.

Here are some of the projects.
When I was younger I always wanted a Standard STA500. When I came across a clean frame on the fleabay I had to scoop it up.

And of course there is the project bike I’ve nicknamed “Whisky dents”

And finally this is me about 22 years ago hitting some dirt jumps in Chesapeake Virginia. That spot has since been cleared and is now a neighborhood. Frown

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9691 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I just bought a mountain bike last week. A Raleigh Talus 2.
I haven't had one in a few years and decided to get back into some trail riding and light downhill stuff this summer.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Sadly, the only riding I've gotten in lately, has been stationary, on the Peloton.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15316 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Here is what I have been riding for the past year. It was my Son's, he took my road bike and left this at home for me.

[/URL]

A bike we keep in the garage in my parent's summer place. The grandkids love it. I had one similar to this, but it was orange.

[/URL]

Here is what I rode for a couple of decades. It is now in the basement on a trainer.

[/URL]

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
1. Steel Trek 530.
2. Cannondale Criterium 3.0 Aluminum. Dura Ace equipped. Old Campagnolo Omega wheelset.
3. Cannondale Synapse carbon. Sram Rival. Mavic Kysrium Pro wheelset.

All Look pedal equipped. Depending on my performance this year I may pop for a new bike, or upgrade my Synapse. I've had my eye on a Campy Chorus setup with maybe a carbon wheelset. Roval Carbon perhaps. If new considering a Cervelo Caledonia.

Posts: 7525 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I bent the front rim on my new Nicasio + today being a chuckle head and seeing just how much abuse it could handle. Big Grin I was riding gravel trails with my friend who was on a mountain bike. Like a chuckle head I followed him off the gravel and over some root filled single track. I had a BLAST! That park was basically a one mile loop set into rolling hills. If you get up good speed and don’t mind flying through the many turns you can average one hell of a fast pace.

I’m a little bummed out about the rim but I had the pressure at pretty high (55 psi) so that didn’t help any. I wasn’t expecting these trails to be so gnarly. It was my first tome at this park and it’s nice to know the Nicasio with its drop bar can handle a shocking amount of abuse and off road fun.

I’m starting to have more fun on my bicycles than on my motorcycles! Eek

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Stickman, the BMX that you posted are fantastic! My oh my, the Powerlite, the Fat Boy! Those are so badass. Im totally peanut butter and jealous!

Thank you for posting those. I would have a hard time getting my ass off those bikes. Hell, I’d probably ride those bad boys to work!

Speaking of which, you have any idea where to get some decent knobbies, in 20 x 1.75, like a Maxxis Holy Roller? My current bike has the big fat silly street tires that all bikes sport nowadays.

quote:
The “lol” thread

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Beancooker, I’m glad you like the bikes. Lots of good memories on that Haro & my old Powerlite. The Powerlite in that pic is my daughters and she is pissed that I temporarily borrowed her seat for another project. Big Grin

My daughters P-51 is very similar to the one I raced in Hampton. Mine was a pretty unique P51 though as it was originally God knows what color and rattle canned at least a 1/2 dozen times before I got my hands on it and gave it a very odd Silver, Purple, blue color that wasn’t chameleon/color shift paint but it was VERY unique color. I traded the black Dyno frame I’m riding in that last pic to get the Powerlite. It’s buried somewhere in my parents garage. I’ve asked em to dig it out but they can’t find it. My dad’s a bit of a hoarder so I’ll probably have to venture into the garage to retrieve my old frame.

That P51 I raced was amazing. Nerves got the best of me and I slipped off my pedal in the 1st turn of my first real BMX race. I didn’t crash and recovered to 4th but after that, after I knew I was as fast as the rest of them I got 1st place finishes for the rest of my races. I only raced a few weeks unfortunately. It was an amazing experience and something I should have stuck with.

Back then I was always ripping apart bikes and building new ones. I suppose I’m still doing that with both my BMX and Mountain bikes. Big Grin

I’m not sure about those tires. I’m sort of in the same boat as you. If you look closely at my battleship blue Specialized Fat Boy you’ll notice it’s tires are skinny as hell cheap shit. I live literally minutes from a BMX track so the skinny tires are not too hard to find here. Big Grin Quality parts though are hard to find right now. I’ve seen bikes I’m interesting in jump $250-300+ just in the few months I’ve gotten back into cycling. I picked a shit time to get back into bikes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I have a Trek 820 that I bought in 1997 very similar to this one.

It's been on road, off road, on mountains, over the river and through the woods.The last 5-6 years I've been riding it a lot in the summer, usually 6 or so miles a few times a day and average in the 14-18 mph range. Fastest I've been pedaling on a slight downhill grade was 22.5 according to police radar Wink

The tubes have been replaced, the pedals, and I've been through a few saddles. Other than that it's all original.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
You guys make me want to get a full suspension bike Big Grin

Posts: 13110 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
This is my brother on his 54" Victory. He has ridden a 100 miler on it.
IMG_1537 by Krazeehorse, on Flickr

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post