SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    OK, would someone please explain to me this "Salt Army" and "The salt must flow" stuff?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

OK, would someone please explain to me this "Salt Army" and "The salt must flow" stuff? Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
??

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Me too - never heard of it before now.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
I think it has to do with shitposters upsetting people on the internet. Basically trolling to get people outraged, so you can laugh at them.

Like if you were to stroll into the DU, or some other far left wing internet stronghold, and just dropped a pile of spicy Ginsberg memes, watching them spin themselves into a real good lather before moderators could clean up the mess. And then doing it again, and again. Maybe have your friends do it too. Reckon that's where the "army" part comes from. The salt, of course, being tears.

If nothing else, 2020 has been a great year for memes. From Covid, to the fires, and riots, douchenozzle governor's playing tyrant, RBG taking a dirtnap, Joe Biden just being himself. Top shelf, all around.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 16995 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Being "salty" means that you are mad, angered, or triggered at something small or insignificant.

Knowing how childish and triggered (salty) the liberal "social justice warriors" get over stupid little things, a lot of conservatives purposely troll them to get a rise out of them.

Tears are salty. If you've heard the term "liberal tears" before, it has the same implication (that the SJWs are whiny crybabies that throw temper tantrums when they don't get their way.

"The salt must flow" kind of means, "we tell it how it is, and the liberals can't help but cry/freak out about it" (the salt/tears are going to flow).

Are you referring to this guy?
https://youtu.be/4MYjyHZuYSo

Posts: 427 | Location: Utah | Registered: March 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
"The salt must flow" is also clearly a riff on the quote "the spice must flow" from Dune. (As in, they're going to do whatever it takes to keep it going.)

Posts: 32431 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought this thread was going to be about french fries.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
I see Salt Life decals on cars and trucks around here.

:-)

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's/he is a you tuber. Salty Cracker is the channel. Comments on political stuff, memes makes fun of the left.

The salt army is the followers/subscribers.

He's kinda funny, but hyper. Cusses also.

ARman

Posts: 3146 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sunset_Va:

I bought one when we were down to South Carolina, but it has to yet be applied to our car. I assumed that you loved life on the ocean. Does it mean something else?

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Watch "Dems Panicking Over RGB Death - REEEeeeee Stream" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/zayfna1Rkbs

Going on now....

Live Stream.

ARman

Posts: 3146 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Twist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ARman:
Watch "Dems Panicking Over RGB Death - REEEeeeee Stream" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/zayfna1Rkbs

Going on now....

Live Stream.

ARman

The best part about this link isn’t necessarily the commentary, it’s that there 4.4k thumbs up vs exactly 18 thumbs down.

Posts: 1931 | Location: NOT Houston, Tx (Thank God), but in the area. | Registered: May 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Ghandi reference?

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wreckdiver:
quote:
Originally posted by Sunset_Va:

I bought one when we were down to South Carolina, but it has to yet be applied to our car. I assumed that you loved life on the ocean. Does it mean something else?

It means your meaning..about loving the sea. I just posted it in jest.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
This is funny. My 10 year old son has been using that term lately. He told me his friend was getting "salty" with his parents and he's grounded.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5374 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
Parabellum I believe it refers to a Youtuber who has a channel called Salty Cracker. He has some pretty good content. Sorry, being computer illiterate I cannot provide a link.

Most of his stuff is not safe for work due to language......and if you work with leftists in the office, for content too.

His sign off phrase is "the salt must flow", which I believe refers to liberal tears. Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cyanide357
posted Hide Post
I think it has to do with intentionally triggering those with TDS with memes. Related to 4chan and trump supporters (or at least thedonald.win types) with memes to generate "liberal tears".

I assume it's along the lines of "salt mining" from said liberal tears. That phrase is from around 2016 after the election and the resulting meltdowns.

I assume salt army would be the ones "trolling" the left. "Let the salt flow" would be all of the liberal tears caused by said trolling.

I'm repeating myself, but that is what I think those two phrases are regarding.

Posts: 249 | Registered: November 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
On worldstar hiphop salty means upset, outraged. So Salt Army might mean outrage army.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29608 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
Ghandi reference?

I've always wanted to punch that guy in the face.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4611 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post