SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Nissan Xterra TPMS and heater blend door help?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nissan Xterra TPMS and heater blend door help? Login/Join 
Inject yourself!
posted
I had new TPMS sensor put in the 2006 XTerra but it the light still won’t stay off. From what I can tell, this car is programmed to activate the light on a % PSI drop rather than below x PSI. The range appears to very small and off course the cold weather fluctuations don’t help. It’s been an issue from the first winter we’ve had it. I check the pressure every month but there is enough change to trip the light. I may have a bad wheel but it’s such a slow thing and I can’t really let it sit for long enough to pinpoint it.

That said, I was hoping there was an inexpensive setting tool to clear the light. I’ve seen where it can be done with a paper clip and wire but that’s a pain and not preferred.

Secondly, and worse, the heater blend Door seems to stick and make clicking sounds under the dash. With one click of the knob it’s full hot and then one click back it’s cold air. It’s not my luck that it can be replaced via the glovebox opening, but I’m hoping for some ideas or tips not to have to take out the dash.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8344 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I don't have the answer but I have consulted the Xterra Forums for my wifes car on occasion and have used the Titan forum for my Titan a lot.

http://www.clubxterra.org/forums/

Posts: 22907 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have an 07 Pathfinder with 335k that I just retired due to a ton of little issues adding up to a lot of $$$ to get it through annual inspection in PA. As far as the mixing valve goes, it looks to require a dash removal to repair. I had the heater core done in mine last October, and it ended up back and forth to the dealer 4 times as they kept breaking other stuff when they would try to put the dash back together. Seriously, when they had the dash off, I should have taken a pic, it looks like nothing I have ever seen. hoses, wires and ducts everywhere. No way I could have ever gotten it back together my self. My heater core cost 235 for the part, 1200 for total cost with labor.

Regarding the TPMS, there's also no cheap tool that will reset your light, but my local Walmart did it for me n/c. I had to replace a sensor, battery died and one was pretty weak, but the tech was able to get it to talk to the tool. Once he got the new sensor and the weak one with the tool, it reset no problem.

Sorry, I'm sure none of this made you feel better. Big Grin

Posts: 215 | Location: Western PA | Registered: March 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
The TPMS sensors can sometimes be a problem to reset. I just had 4 replaced on my sons Civic. Costco was able to reset them with their tool, I couldn't do it with my OBDII. My next option would be to go to the dealer and have reset it at a cost of $85. Lucky for me Costco installed them when they put on new tires so they took care of it.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4015 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
It’s not my luck that it can be replaced via the glovebox opening, but I’m hoping for some ideas or tips not to have to take out the dash.

On Nissan vehicles the entire glove box can usually be taken out. If this actuator still isn't accessible even then, I know of no other short cuts.

Posts: 27956 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Paddle your
own canoe
Picture of BigWhup
posted Hide Post
2005 Frontier: my AC coil was leaking so off with the dash to replace it and the heater core while I was at it. About $1000 to git er done.

I have a TPMS that triggers the light after driving about 30 miles. Then goes off when you turn the key off, until you drive the next 30 miles. I have learned to give it the finger and drive on!

Posts: 1553 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
Which manual is preferred on the newer cars, Haynes or Clayton? Either seemed fine for the 80’s trucks.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8344 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Some vehicles have a fifth TPMS sensor on the spare tire. Check the pressure in the spare or call the dealer and see if your Nissan has one.

Posts: 1755 | Location: El Paso, Texas | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post