SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Happy Lincoln's Birthday!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Happy Lincoln's Birthday! Login/Join 
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted
You know this should still be a national holiday.

Here's an annual post from powerlineblog.com for your perusal: Lincoln: A Genius for Friendship

Excuse, me, I'm going to put out the flag.

Posts: 18000 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Abraham Lincoln was born in Hardin County, Kentucky, on February 12 in 1809... 211 years ago.
Happy Lincoln's Birthday!!

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23896 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
Happy birthday to Abraham and my second grandson Theo born at 1:20 am.

Posts: 7425 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I was against the elimination of Lincoln's and Washington's birthday holidays by the creation of Presidents' Day. Both men were major players in critical times of our country--not all Presidents can claim that.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
Yeah, I was against the elimination of Lincoln's and Washington's birthday holidays by the creation of Presidents' Day. Both men were major players in critical times of our country--not all Presidents can claim that.

flashguy

Same here!

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post