SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Justice Amy Coney Barrett thread.
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 26
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Justice Amy Coney Barrett thread. Login/Join 
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
...hold my che latte."

Ok I gotta ask, did you mean to say 'che' latte (like Che Guevara) or were you going for 'chai' latte because che latte is pretty funny and I think I'm going to use it from now on, especially since a number of dipshits wearing those shirts are usually seen sipping some type of Starbucks crap.

I didn't watch any of the hearing yesterday but I followed along on Townhall's live feed (just rolling commentary) and she did excellent. I know the left was trying to avoid a spectacle but you can tell they are getting frustrated because they are not getting to her (Hirono pulled out the rape accusations earlier than I thought). As the day wore on the questioning got stupider and more hostile. I expect more of the same today and it will not play well with the public. Nancy's well publicized meltdown on CNN won't help either and I believe that was a partial result of the ineffectiveness of the lefts questioning. I did watch a clip of her answer to Graham's question about how it feels to be nominated and it was excellent.

ACB's Response to Graham's Question Twitter

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dsiets:
quote:
Sen. Hirono Stuns, Asks Amy Coney Barrett If She's Sexually Assaulted Anyone

Were the liberal Justices asked this when they were being interviewed? Was RBG asked this? I'd like to know what the other Justices think of these shit questions.

Have any of them asked this question of their party's current presidential candidate?

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10920 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was thinking about the question Hirono asked if she ever entered into a settlement for a sexual harassment case.

It was only up until a few years ago there was a tax payer settlement fund to handle the claims against politicians. I would have responded then listed all the politicians who has paid out claims from that fund..

Posts: 5406 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dsiets:
quote:

Were the liberal Justices asked this when they were being interviewed? Was RBG asked this? I'd like to know what the other Justices think of these shit questions.

Were Sotomayer or Kagen or RGB asked if they owned guns? Or better yet, if they ever had an abortion?

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

^^^^^^^^^^^^
Asking questions like this is great. Helps the confirmation.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
quote:

^^^^^^^^^^^^
Asking questions like this is great. Helps the confirmation.

IMO, this is was more or less to validate the lefts vile attack on Kavanaugh. Bybbroaching the subject, they tell the country “see? We didn’t single him out”. They know damn well Barrett has never assaulted anyone...except perhaps their intelligence.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^That's only because they think the American Electorate is THAT Stupid! Roll Eyes

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8785 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Perhaps Hirono is inviting Avenatti types to “dig up” (i.e. produce counterfeit) evidence.

Posts: 18017 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tleo205:
I loved that part where she held up the blank notepad for that sanctimonious prick to see. She is twice as smart as all those morons combined.

Uhm... I'm pretty certain that was a setup. You know: As in one player setting up another for a spike in volleyball?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Hirono is just an idiot. Nothing to read into here.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
Hirono is just an idiot. Nothing to read into here.

Agree. TBD.

Posts: 3466 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
When is this clown show all done?

Will she be confirmed this week?

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
A vote on the Senate floor is expected to take place around October 26.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23945 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Originally posted by tleo205:
I loved that part where she held up the blank notepad for that sanctimonious prick to see. She is twice as smart as all those morons combined.

Uhm... I'm pretty certain that was a setup. You know: As in one player setting up another for a spike in volleyball?

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23099 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I wish I could find the meme I saw on FB last night, it was this now-famous shot of ACB holding up her notepad which read:

EAT A BIG BAG OF DICKS YOU FUCKING COMMIES!

Big Grin

Posts: 33606 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:

My 50th b-day. That would be a great reason to celebrate. Her confirmation, not my b-day Wink

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5906 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
Watching the proceedings, Cruz is impressive. Very intelligent man.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5906 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:

I fully expect the desperate Democrats to pull out all the stops in order to slow this down, you watch.

Posts: 33606 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:

Cool. Thanks Chellim1.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post