SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Justice Amy Coney Barrett thread.
Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 26
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Justice Amy Coney Barrett thread. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting. Good to hear.

Posts: 17228 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Witticism pending...
Picture of KBobAries
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy: ... Many of whom were also slave owners, to boot. . . .

flashguy

How is this relevant???

Dan

I'm not as illiterate as my typos would suggest.

Posts: 3529 | Location: Big city, SW state, alleged republic | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KBobAries:
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy: ... Many of whom were also slave owners, to boot. . . .

flashguy

How is this relevant???

Dan

He was emphasizing one of the reasons why the left hates the Constitution. It was written by white, Christian males who were also slave owners. His point was precisely that it is irrelevant.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30403 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Feinstein being nice?

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16688 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
Feinstein being nice?

Is that a knife in her left hand?

Posts: 8618 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Feinstein being nice?

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/h5NWG42yrak" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

Probably was having a TIA.

Q

Posts: 26371 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Witticism pending...
Picture of KBobAries
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:...He was emphasizing one of the reasons why the left hates the Constitution. It was written by white, Christian males who were also slave owners. His point was precisely that it is irrelevant.

Ahhh. Thank you for the context.

Dan

I'm not as illiterate as my typos would suggest.

Posts: 3529 | Location: Big city, SW state, alleged republic | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Feinstein being nice?

Her and Graham even shared a quick hug after the hearing.

Typically, the left is furious with Feinstein. God forbid our lawmakers should ever act civil with each other.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30403 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
How much ya wanna bet Murkowski, the low IQ, vindictive moron she is, opts to vote to confirm ACB in the end. And I hope Collins has her ass handed to her in her re-election. She's not even remotely conservative, so if we're going to have a liberal sitting in that seat it might as well be a Dem.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
How much ya wanna bet Murkowski, the low IQ, vindictive moron she is, opts to vote to confirm ACB in the end.

Probably. She's up for re-election in 2022. She won in 2016 with 44% of the vote. She'll probably be primaried.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24100 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
I hope Collins has her ass handed to her in her re-election. She's not even remotely conservative, so if we're going to have a liberal sitting in that seat it might as well be a Dem.
Sorry to disagree. Composition of the Senate (Dem vs. Rep) is the basis for committee memberships/chairs and who is the top dog. For our purposes it is better to have a Liberal Republican than a Democrat -- it's a numbers game and we have only a small majority.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sen. Susan Collins, R-Maine, still maintains that she will not vote to confirm a nominee so close to the election, while Sen. Lisa Murkowski, R-Ak., has not revealed how she will vote.

It sounds like ACB has enough votes for the GOP to cut Collins some slack in an election year.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
quote:
I hope Collins has her ass handed to her in her re-election. She's not even remotely conservative, so if we're going to have a liberal sitting in that seat it might as well be a Dem.
Sorry to disagree. Composition of the Senate (Dem vs. Rep) is the basis for committee memberships/chairs and who is the top dog. For our purposes it is better to have a Liberal Republican than a Democrat -- it's a numbers game and we have only a small majority.

flashguy

Sadly, I must agree. I'll hold my nose and vote for Collins.

If there were ANY Republican opposing her...

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15220 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll feel better when the voting is done and confirmation is completed. Until then I will still be wary that the Dems have another card to play.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
For a few clear words on why democrats hate Amy Coney Barrett, throw that question into your favorite search platform. The first few hits will be Ben Shapiro's latest article. Good reading.

https://www.realclearpolitics...._barrett_144440.html

Democrats ... see as the glories of the Supreme Court those moments in which the Supreme Court seized power on behalf of progressive ideals. ... They want the court to act as an oligarchy.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
quote:

flashguy

Sadly, I must agree. I'll hold my nose and vote for Collins.

If there were ANY Republican opposing her...

This is the right move to play. Battle in the primary, win the General.
Dont pull an Alabama and foist another Dem on us to make a point.

HK Ag

Posts: 3499 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Woodman:
For a few clear words on why democrats hate Amy Coney Barrett, throw that question into your favorite search platform. The first few hits will be Ben Shapiro's latest article. Good reading....

Klobuchar made it clear that she wants to be Queen and make direct proclamation and edict to rule subjects, and since she cannot have that, she wants to have magistrates that will do her bidding and enact control in her stead.

She is merely one of the many that desire and seek that power over "We the People...".

All are seditious and traitorous to the Constitution of our united states.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43876 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HK Ag:
This is the right move to play. Battle in the primary, win the General.
Dont pull an Alabama and foist another Dem on us to make a point.
That situation truly made AL look, well, stupid. We'll be resolving that situation this election cycle. Wink

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6212 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
How much ya wanna bet Murkowski, the low IQ, vindictive moron she is, opts to vote to confirm ACB in the end.

Probably. She's up for re-election in 2022. She won in 2016 with 44% of the vote. She'll probably be primaried.

"IF" she loses, as in the past, she'll publicly whine about it until votes are recounted for in her favor.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
Klobuchar made it clear that she wants to be Queen ...
I caught a little bit of Day 3 but plan on watching all of the proceedings on YouTube. Or possibly unabridged audio podcast.

A buddy told me washingtonpost.com stopped live feed as Sen. John Neely Kennedy of LA voiced criticism of KH.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post