SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Justice Amy Coney Barrett thread.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 26
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Justice Amy Coney Barrett thread. Login/Join 
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tleo205:
These bastards are so smug and arrogant and actually believe they are our superiors and only they know what is best.

This sums it up well. So much for "of, by, and for the people."

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10909 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Ted Cruz is excellent right now. He's simply giving a speech without asking many questions, but nevertheless...

He's hammering home just which side actually values freedom and which chooses justices who will actually defend those freedoms.

More theater. I like Cruz, and I bet I agree with most, if not all of what he says. But no one on the other side is listening to him any more than you are listening to Feinstein.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:
So the thrust of many of the dems “questions” is that many laws do good and if those laws do good, they should be immune from being decided as unconstitutional because if ruled unconstitutional then good would no longer be done and that would be bad.

Am I getting that right?

So by that logic, if a law was passed that allowed searches without warrants and those searches, while unconstitutional, resulted on convictions saving lives, than the clearly unconstitutional laws should stand since they did good.

Dems keep trying to go off on sympathy and emotions as being the important factors in making LEGAL decisions. They just don’t get it and aren’t even trying to hide their opinion that legal decisions should be based on feelings.

This shit hurts my brain.

Sure. The left is particularly results oriented when it comes to Supreme Court jurisprudence.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Booker: "Judge Barrett, do you condemn white supremacists?"

Judge Barrett: "Ummmm...."

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
I'm biased but she seems so intellectually superior to her interrogators it's not even good theater.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Krazeehorse:
I'm biased but she seems so intellectually superior to her interrogators it's not even good theater.

Yes it is clear who the children in the room are!

Posts: 1769 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Krazeehorse:

There is no doubt that Judge Barrett is the smartest person in the room, bar none. She's going to make an awesome Justice.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post

Posts: 13240 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post

Posts: 13240 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Fucking legal midgets trying to trip up a giant. What a laugh.

Q

Posts: 26354 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I loved that part where she held up the blank notepad for that sanctimonious prick to see. She is twice as smart as all those morons combined.

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I should have taken my blood pressure before, during & after.

Pious bastards & bitches, the lot of them!

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
I loved that part where she held up the blank notepad for that sanctimonious prick to see.

Who are we talking about?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tleo205:...

That "sanctimonious prick", is the Honorable Senator John Cornyn from the big ol' state of Texas.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43870 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
^^^ That's what I thought.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
I loved that part where she held up the blank notepad for that sanctimonious prick to see. She is twice as smart as all those morons combined.

That "sanctimonious prick" was using that question to show the Dems how intelligent she is. The fact that she doesn't require notes to answer their questions is amazing.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:

That "sanctimonious prick" was using that question to show the Dems how intelligent she is. The fact that she doesn't require notes to answer their questions is amazing.

Nail on head.

Posts: 8615 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
ACB did graduate first in her law school class unlike Sleepy Joe.

He graduated first of the bottom 12% of his class. That's a big +*&^%%$ deal.

Posts: 8615 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
I just want to know . . . What is in her StarBucks? Because, Damn I am buying that from now on Smile

Link to clip

ACB Starbucks by redstone71, on Flickr

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3588 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Thank god we know that ACB isn't a rapist now. Roll Eyes

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post