SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Justice Amy Coney Barrett thread.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 26
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Justice Amy Coney Barrett thread. Login/Join 
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Good lord. Klobuchar is just plain awful. She is predictably pathetic.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:

Wait for the third string to step up to the plate. Roll Eyes Razz Wink

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3619 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I grew up reading Sigforum
Picture of owenbright
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:

She said she wishes she was a "benevolent ruler" so she can get things done.

That right there says EVERYTHING about the mindset of these crooks, and why the idea, the logic and reason that support the importance of liberty is so against everything they do.

Posts: 1884 | Location: on the move | Registered: June 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
Klobuchar’s mind is boggled. Shocker.

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3619 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Democrats Are Coming For The Courts (And You)

There are few conclusions that can be drawn from Joe Biden’s refusal to answer whether or not he supports packing the courts other than he’s in favor of it. The Democratic Party’s mouthpieces, as if through backchannels, have suddenly flipped their talking points to the same page – it’s Republicans who’ve packed the courts, it’s Democrats who have to “reform” the system in order to save it. This play is a power grab of Hitlerian proportions.

It started off as a sort of joke, Democrats whining about President Donald Trump getting to appoint a third Justice to the Supreme Court. It was never supposed to be this way, he wasn’t going to win. In fact, Republicans weren’t going to win at all. The country’s shifting demographics were going to guarantee Democrat victories for the foreseeable future.

In 2015, Hillary was so obviously going to win that planning for any other eventuality was stupid. Ruth Bader Ginsburg had no reason to even consider retirement to ensure a liberal took her place. Republicans were done for, no matter who they nominated. But a funny thing happened on the way to absolute power…

The thing about absolute power is those who seek it should never be let anywhere near any of it, and those who were so close to it they could smell it like Joe Biden smells women’s hair will do anything to get it back. Both describe Democrats and everyone knows it.

That’s why Democrats, with the help of their media enablers, are scrambling to redefine what “court packing” means. The public doesn’t take kindly to politicians seeking to ignore norms and rules to ram their agendas down everyone’s throats. Obamacare was so unpopular largely because of how it was passed – rules being thwarted, votes being purchased, arms being twisted nearly off. Adding Justices to the Supreme Court is, correctly, seen as the sort of rule rewriting because you can’t win under the current rules the American people hate, which is why the left is attempting to change the narrative.

The new spin is that it is Republicans who’ve packed the courts, and Democrats must destroy them in order to save them. I realize how stupid that sounds, but it’s what they’re doing.

Liberal Fox News contributor and allegedly a radio talk show host recently tweeted, “a 6-3 conservative court IS packing the court.” Of course, it is not.

Meanwhile, Sam Berger, a vice-president at the left-wing activist group “Center for American Progress,” tweeted out a graphic showing how many more appellate court judges President Trump has appointed than both Presidents Obama and Bush, adding, “Conservative court packing in one chart.” Left unsaid is it was Democrats who nuked the filibuster for nominees back when they controlled the Senate in an attempt to do just that. Voters in 2014 had different ideas as to who should control the Senate and Democrats were forced to live with the changes they made. There’s nothing a leftist hates more than being held to their own standards.

And then there’s reliable liberals and “straight newsman” Dan Rather, still desperately scrambling for the Republican scalp he thought he’d landed with his fake memo on George W. Bush’s National Guard service. He tweeted, “Can we at least recognize that ‘Court Packing’ at all levels of the judiciary has been the Republican playbook for decades? Asking for Merrick Garland.” It seems Merrick Garland is the only person who got over Merrick Garland not being confirmed to the Supreme Court.

Any liberal with an IQ larger than their shoe size knows filling vacancies on the federal bench is not “court packing.” Neither is filling more vacancies than anyone else because Democrats changed the rules hoping they could do it.

Leftist Josh Marshall, founder of the radical “Talking Points Memo,” wrote, “For the last decade Republicans have used an escalating mix of aggressive and corrupt means to stack the federal judiciary in order to entrench power they believe they will no longer be able to win in majority elections. If Democrats control the Congress and the White House they must take steps to undo this harm and corruption and the most viable, logical path is to add additional seats to the Supreme Court.” They must burn the village in order to save it, you see.

Former Slate “journalist” who failed up to being a New York Times columnist, Jamelle Bouie took his bite at the apple by saying, “most anti-court expansion arguments depend on pretending not to notice a 40 year conservative effort to make the judiciary a permanent veto point for progressive lawmaking.” If progressives would simply pass constitutional laws, this wouldn’t be an issue.

Of course, the Constitution was written expressly to limit the power of the federal government, which is the antithesis of the type of government progressives want. They could no more embrace constitutional limits on power than a human can breathe water.

These people want power, plain and simple. They want the power to make you do things they like, to forbid you from saying things they don’t, to prevent you from thinking things they deem unacceptable. Where that leads to…we all know.

MSNBC personality Chris Hayes said of conservatives, “The most humane and reasonable way to deal with all these people, if we survive this, is some kind of truth and reconciliation commission.” Leftists have always loved a good purge.

Like I said at the top of this piece, this is a power grab of Hitlerian proportions. If you think the left’s ambitions will be constrained by basic human decency, you might be as crazy as they are.

LINK

Posts: 2267 | Location: San Francisco, CA | Registered: February 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
These bastards are so smug and arrogant and actually believe they are our superiors and only they know what is best.

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Wow Blumenthal is a total piece of shit trying to squeeze an abortion policy out of her as if she's a politician. I couldn't stand listening to him anymore.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7057 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
So the thrust of many of the dems “questions” is that many laws do good and if those laws do good, they should be immune from being decided as unconstitutional because if ruled unconstitutional then good would no longer be done and that would be bad.

Am I getting that right?

So by that logic, if a law was passed that allowed searches without warrants and those searches, while unconstitutional, resulted on convictions saving lives, than the clearly unconstitutional laws should stand since they did good.

Dems keep trying to go off on sympathy and emotions as being the important factors in making LEGAL decisions. They just don’t get it and aren’t even trying to hide their opinion that legal decisions should be based on feelings.

This shit hurts my brain.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10918 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Hirono thinks she's using logic, when she's really just keying off emotion. What a twatwaffle... Roll Eyes

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6192 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:
So the thrust of many of the dems “questions” is that many laws do good and if those laws do good, they should be immune from being decided as unconstitutional because if ruled unconstitutional then good would no longer be done and that would be bad.

Am I getting that right?

So by that logic, if a law was passed that allowed searches without warrants and those searches, while unconstitutional, resulted on convictions saving lives, than the clearly unconstitutional laws should stand since they did good.

Dems keep trying to go off on sympathy and emotions as being the important factors in making LEGAL decisions. They just don’t get it and aren’t even trying to hide their opinion that legal decisions should be based on feelings.

This shit hurts my brain.

That's been my take as well.

Posts: 3437 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maisy the cartoon is smarter than Mazie the Senator...good golly woman, I hope you get a lot of campaign worthy soundbites from this waste of our time...

Posts: 247 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: December 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Hirono going on at confusing length about dissents written by RGB with the inference that those cases were decided in error. Clearly Hirono disagrees with the rulings (Ledbetter v Goodyear and another) based on “real life impacts”.

Clearly this suggests that if the dem position is the case was decided “wrong” , than it can and should be questioned.

This seem to contradict their attempt to get ACB to go on the record as claiming Roe v Wade was decided “wrong” since they want it to stand any possible test or challenge and that the original ruling must stand because they believe it was correctly decided.

Can’t have it both ways. Either accept all decisions to stand with out question or accept that all decisions could eventually be re-decided based on new cases.

Posts: 10918 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Hirono actually asks The Rape Question Roll Eyes

https://twitter.com/DailyCalle.../1316118474222075904

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Her composure and ability to rebuff the Dems efforts to draw her into making a stupid comment is commendable. She even has Spartacus Booker saying that he is disturbed.

The Dems are mental midgets sparring with a giant and using 'feeeeeelings'

Posts: 977 | Location: Upstate South Carolina | Registered: March 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Why do the dems keep pointing out that “people are already voting”???

What does that have to do with anything? We are in a term of office for Senators, Representatives, and the President. Has any of those people stopped doing their job once people begin voting to see if they will continue in that employment?

Has our government ever completely recessed and ceased work once the voting process starts until the election has been decided?

Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
She is running circles around the morons and they are looking stupider than normal.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:
Why do the dems keep pointing out that “people are already voting”???

What does that have to do with anything?...

Irritates me.

The term for the President does not end until noon, January 20, 2021.
The term of the current Congress does not end until January 3, 2021.

Voting now, even early, has nothing to do with confirming this seat, vacated during the current Presidential term and Congressional session. It only has to do with the terms of the President and seats up in Congress beginning in 2021.

(If I understand correctly)

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
She is just so sweet and calm as she tells Spartacus that she's not going to take the bait on his gotcha questions...that guy should get an Emmy for his performance.

Posts: 247 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: December 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ACB did graduate first in her law school class unlike Sleepy Joe.

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post