SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Justice Amy Coney Barrett thread.
Page 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 26
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Justice Amy Coney Barrett thread. Login/Join 
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
The video of Laura Wolk, ACB's former student brought me to tears. If that doesn't convince anyone of ACB's integrity and care, nothing will.

So. I'm ignorant of many of the various technologies out there for folks with disabilities. Is that a braille producing teleprompter for lack of a better term?

Thanks, Mark

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I don't know, Mark, but that's my assumption.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38674 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:
Originally posted by redstone:
I keep seeing a meme posted by my liberal friends:

"ACB walked through every door opened by RGB, and now she will do every thing she can to close those doors."

I ask them, "what do you mean, what door did RGB open that ACB used and will now close?"
No one seems to be able to answer me, but yet they keep posting and spreading this meme.

Memes are emotion-driven, and their factual accuracy isn't particularly important. Good ones have more fact in them, but still . . . What do you expect from a sound bite that is ten words or less and a picture? It "seems" true to them, and that is all they care about. And yes, the left can't meme.

You guys are correct of course. My frustration comes from a good friend of mine who is a Dean at a college in West Georgia. He actually made the meme his profile image in facebook. I can accept that he is a liberal and Biden is his guy, but Damn this is just bad logic. I only hope I am not so blind . .

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3590 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
You guys are correct of course. My frustration comes from a good friend of mine who is a Dean at a college in West Georgia. He actually made the meme his profile image in facebook. I can accept that he is a liberal and Biden is his guy, but Damn this is just bad logic. I only hope I am not so blind . .

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Academicians do not live in the real world. I have the same problem in my profession. At one time I considered the academic life however briefly.

Posts: 17234 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark_a:
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
The video of Laura Wolk, ACB's former student brought me to tears. If that doesn't convince anyone of ACB's integrity and care, nothing will.

So. I'm ignorant of many of the various technologies out there for folks with disabilities. Is that a braille producing teleprompter for lack of a better term?

Thanks, Mark

It’s a Braille reader. More or less a mechanical Kindle type thing. A buddy of mine in college dated a girl who was born blind and she had one of those with Microsoft Jaws built in, so she could “speak” through the device as well as “read” from it.

Posts: 17123 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post

Posts: 19572 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
What a piece of fecal matter.

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ersatzknarf:
What a piece of fecal matter.

And such obvious grasping pathetic sanctimonious bull shit.

Go fuck yourself Chuckles.

Posts: 5134 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of btgoanna
posted Hide Post
Should follow immediately with vote on ACB, since they will have quorum of commies present ...

Posts: 832 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: November 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^ I like it, but will a quorum actually show up for a vote that Chuckles knows he'll lose and is forcing (if he can actually force a vote) for nothing more than symbolic purposes?

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
quote:
will a quorum actually show up

I haven't seen this discussed much in the last week or so.

I don't know for sure but speculate the 'full Senate' quorum rules apply (51 members) on such a vote. If that's what it takes to preserve the imminent ACB vote, I wonder just what they'll do to hasten the projected vote. And I wonder just what advantage UpChuck would force such a hand.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9854 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
Mitch needs to just push ACB through right after that vote. Screw it.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
What a whore. Short description of that tweet would be 'stupidity' and 'lies'. Just another day for the POS from New York.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
Klobuchar made it clear that she wants to be Queen and make direct proclamation and edict to rule subjects
Here's Day 2 cued up to her statement. C-Span youtube (probably a 5-second ad first):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?...ure=youtu.be&t=17411

Sen. Klobuchar spends a lot of time smiling through her statements and accusations. A smile is the most common facial feature of one trying to hide a lie. Klobuchar strikes me as a grasping petty individual who would stifle rights under the guise of improving the lot of those under her.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Maggot Chucky is going nowhere with his theatrics.

Q

Posts: 26379 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Klobuchar is still mad that she was not chosen as the VP and barring that she really wanted to replace RGB in a Biden admin. She is in politics for herself and no one else. Her little speech during the confirmation hearings proved it.

She is angry, and that makes me smile.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:

"ACB walked through every door opened by RGB, and now she will do every thing she can to close those doors."

I ask them, "what do you mean, what door did RGB open that ACB used and will now close?"
No one seems to be able to answer me, but yet they keep posting and spreading this meme.

Exaclty what doors did Ruth Deadernadoornail Ginsburg open? First woman Supreme Court Justice, oh wait, liberals tend to forget Sandra Day O'Conner. Roll Eyes - at liberals

Posts: 10938 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:

Memes are emotion-driven, and their factual accuracy isn't particularly important. Good ones have more fact in them, but still . . . What do you expect from a sound bite that is ten words or less and a picture? It "seems" true to them, and that is all they care about. And yes, the left can't meme.

A panel should be added to that meme that shows Justice Sandra Day O’Connor holding the door for RBG.

Posts: 13255 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
Klobuchar ... really wanted to replace RGB in a Biden admin.
Got'cha. I never considered that. Klobuchar's extreme jealousy, and envy, and belief in her superiority definitely taint her already-odious attitude. And you know what else? She's embarrassed at her shortcomings.

Here is Klobuchar's "I thought someday I'd be in that chair" comment:

https://youtu.be/QC8ANBp_4j8?t=19167

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^ Nope. Cruz is the next Senator up for a seat on the SCOTUS.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post