SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The end of an era - Willie Nelson has quit smoking weed
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The end of an era - Willie Nelson has quit smoking weed Login/Join 
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
He's been smoking so long he probably has enough THC in his system to still be high for another 5 years or so.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1864 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
First the Fat Boys break up and now this. Nothing to believe in anymore.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12622 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
First the Fat Boys break up and now this. Nothing to believe in anymore.

Wait, I thought the Fat Boys Are Back? Anyone see what I did there? Big Grin

Posts: 1702 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Grayfox54
posted Hide Post
These Millennials need to be careful. What kind of world are they gonna leave for Willie and Kieth?

It ain't the years, its the mileage.

Posts: 54 | Location: Bartlett, TN | Registered: November 24, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wingfoot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pbslinger:
His performing days seem to be over also, based on his performance at the last music awards show.

You ain’t kidding, I told my wife look at Willie he looks like he’s having trouble breathing. Pretty sad but 86 years old and treating your body like that for all those years is a hell of a run.

Posts: 1842 | Location: Peachtree City, GA | Registered: January 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wingfoot:
quote:
His performing days seem to be over also, based on his performance at the last music awards show.

You ain’t kidding, I told my wife look at Willie he looks like he’s having trouble breathing. Pretty sad but 86 years old and treating your body like that for all those years is a hell of a run.

He's had a hellava run. Took risks with his health by smoking, and still went pretty far. He's one of my favorite country artists, and I've known for a long time how sad it'll be when he is gone. That pathetic attempt that never should have happened on the country music awards show broke my heart much less than I imagined. The young thing he was supposed to sing with waited a while to take up the slack, but take it up she did. I think we've seen the last of Willie performing, one performance too many.

Posts: 7452 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wingfoot:
quote:
"By God, Woodrow, it's been one hell of a party." - Augustus McCrae

Posts: 107507 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
Some one was gonna post this, might as well be me.

Link to original video: FLASH_VIDEO] <iframe width="725" height="408" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/MNKL9onYB_8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> [/FLASH_VIDEO]

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
Edibles?

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Edibles are THC infused candy, brownies etc.

"Shoot lower, Sheriff, They're ridin' shetlands"
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?

Posts: 1360 | Location: S.E. Wi. | Registered: October 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
A buddy introduced me to a 'Willie in concert' show in PDX circa 1974. Amazing wall-to-wall music the whole show with no BS breaks & Divapimping by any of the musicians. It was like an introduction to a whole different dimension. I'd been a nominal Pink Floyd/Doors fan till then.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9853 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
I've been to a few of his concerts. When I was watching him on the awards show a few weeks ago I figured someone would be doing CPR before the song ended.

Posts: 13020 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
quote:
Originally posted by tha1000:
quote:

Well, he is 86.... everybody has to slow down at some point.

How old is Keith Richards?

11 years younger than willie... who was still bringing it hard a decade ago.

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Some time in the past I was watching some old musician in concert and he kept coming up to his mic even when he wasn't singing and I realized there was a clear plastic tube hooked to the side of the mic and he was breathing what ever came out of it. I figured it was probably oxygen. Maybe that's what Willie needs....
Heck, I can't remember who it was... it could have been Willie.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.breitbart.com/ente...-is-still-using-pot/

Willie Nelson may have given up smoking, but he hasn’t stopped using marijuana.

While in San Antonio last week for two performances, the 86-year-old country music legend told KSAT TV that in an effort to take better care of himself, he no longer smokes.

Nelson, a longtime marijuana advocate, said he “started smoking cedar bark, went from that to cigarettes to whatever.”

Nelson, who owns a company that sells marijuana products, says: “I have abused my lungs quite a bit in the past, so breathing is a little more difficult these days and I have to be careful.”

His spokeswoman, Elaine Shock, told The Associated Press in an email Wednesday that Nelson hasn’t given up cannabis, and she points out there are different ways to consume it.

“That said,” she said “Willie does what he wants, when he wants, when it comes to smoking.”

One thing though Nelson won’t be giving up is touring.

“I love the bus,” he said. “This is my home.”

Posts: 19565 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12106 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"By my calculations, he'll have the IRS paid off in only 47 more years."

https://www.rollingstone.com/m...irs-tax-debt-196254/

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54608 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
quote:
"By God, Woodrow, it's been one hell of a party." - Augustus McCrae

speaking of which, maybe a year or so awhile back I read a Willie interview, in which he said he had actually come to the point in his life where he had 'even worn out his pecker'.....

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9853 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
The world just don't make no more sense, I tells ya

https://www.foxnews.com/entert...as-quit-smoking-weed

Sheeeeit. He was smoking weed when he said that.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
I wondered why my feet have been so cold. Hell has frozen over.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post