SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Need advice for trauma kit
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need advice for trauma kit Login/Join 
Where there's smoke,
there's fire!!
Picture of techguy
posted
I want to put together a trauma kit to keep in my truck. Can I please get some advice as to what items I would need in this kit. Thank you.

Posts: 1770 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: February 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Gloves, CPR mask, tourniquet. Celox gauze, chest seal, and shears.

Much more than that and it becomes a first aid kit.

Posts: 13046 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
I would also add a pressure bandage, tape and cotton gauze. Duct tape is fine.

And training. All this is worthless if you aren’t sure how to use it.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11446 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chongosuerte:
I would also add a pressure bandage, tape and cotton gauze. Duct tape is fine.

And training. All this is worthless if you aren’t sure how to use it.

+1000 on the training comment. As far as the duct tape, it doesn’t seem to stick well at all when things are bloody. Gorilla tape seems to do much under such circumstances.

With the tape, you can wind a few feet around an old motel key card (or skip the card and wind it on itself, but you may lose the last few inches). This makes it a lot more compact than a regular roll.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post