SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Home Carpet Cleaner Suggestions
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Home Carpet Cleaner Suggestions Login/Join 
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted
Many years ago I bought a Bissel Pro Heat for myself, and the following year for my parents to do home carpet cleaning. As time has progressed the've reached the end of life and need to be replaced. What does the Sigforum think tank feel is the best currently on the market that isn't professional grade $150-300 would be a good cost range

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
I have a Hoover Spinscrub 50 that I'm pretty happy with. It's much better than my old Bissell.

I've also recently discovered Genesis 950 concentrated cleaner to use in home machines. It works a lot better than anything I've ever used. It's spendy, but worth it.

Posts: 20100 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
I have a Hoover Spinscrub 50 that I'm pretty happy with. It's much better than my old Bissell.

I've also recently discovered Genesis 950 concentrated cleaner to use in home machines. It works a lot better than anything I've ever used. It's spendy, but worth it.

Another vote for Hoover. I to replaced a Bissell the cleaning improvement was amazing.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
We bought a rug doctor straight from the mfg. They cost a little more than one from Walmart. But they are built like tanks.

Posts: 7399 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
We were in the exact same situation about a month ago, the Bissell unit was worn out. We went to Home Depot and picked up the Hoover Power Scrub Elite (for animal homes). I read as many reviews as I could comparing Hoover and Bissell. They both pretty much rank the same. It came down for us to a better deal at Home Depot with a military discount. I can tell you that the unit works great.

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I have a small fleet of Thermax units. Built strong, for the consumer rental market -- I am a small-time competitor to Rug Doctor, but the Thermax is actually a better machine than Rug Doctor.

If you were closer, I'd give you a deal on a rebuilt one, but I am NOT going to deal with the hassle of shipping.

Wait, on second thought, I might have a Thrifty-Clean available in a shipping box. Let me know if you're interested, my email is in my profile.

Thrifty-Clean was designed by a guy who had about 300 Thermax units out on the rental market. He looked at what he did not like about the Thermax and designed the Thrifty-Clean. He's no longer in that business, he got bored, sold that business, and went into the high-end chocolate business last I heard. Yummy chocolate, he sent me some.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post