SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Hello, consumers. Do you know 2ndVote.com?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hello, consumers. Do you know 2ndVote.com? Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
Well, you should.

2ndVote.com

As a member or a reader of this forum and as an American, you care about our rights. Know the reputation of the companies with whom you spend your money.
quote:
The Conservative Watchdog for Corporate Activism

Launched in 2013 upon learning that March of Dimes donations were being funneled to Planned Parenthood, Dr. David L. Black, a scientist by trade, became curious to know what other liberal organizations were being funded by consumer spending and donations. Our founder would never fund or vote for Planned Parenthood with his 1st vote at the ballot box, and therefore neither did he want to with his “2ndVote” through everyday spending and giving.

As the conservative watchdog for corporate activism, 2ndVote exposes the corporations and organizations funding liberal advocacy. By putting big business on watch through our extensive research on the most important issues of the day, our mission is to expose the corporate influence on matters of culture and policy and turn the tide on the attacks on conservative values and principles.

Learn How We Score

1: The score of 1 indicates direct donations or direct support to a liberal group, cause, organization, or non-profit.

2: The score of 2 indicates indirect donations or indirect support to a liberal group, cause or organization or non-profit. For example: When a company contributes to a United Way chapter that funds Planned Parenthood.

3: The score of 3 indicates neutrality on an issue. Either a company has no record of supporting or not supporting any issue or the company has given to equally between liberal and conservative groups, causes, organizations and non-profits.

4: The score of 4 indicates indirect donations or support to a conservative group, cause, organization or non-profit.

5. The score of 5 indicates direct donations or supports to a conservative group, cause, organization or non-profit.

Posts: 107459 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Amazon = 1.3. Not a surprise.

Q

Posts: 26317 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Thank you for posting this Para.

Cummins, a 1. wth?

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19155 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Almost as Fast as a Speeding Bullet
Picture of Otto Pilot
posted Hide Post
Interestingly enough, I looked at John Deere and it got a 1 on environmental and a 5 on religious freedom from contributing to a single charity.

However, I suspect that most all of us are looking at one rating in particular more than any of the others.

Aeronautics confers beauty and grandeur, combining art and science for those who devote themselves to it. . . . The aeronaut, free in space, sailing in the infinite, loses himself in the immense undulations of nature. He climbs, he rises, he soars, he reigns, he hurtles the proud vault of the azure sky. — Georges Besançon

Posts: 11502 | Location: Denver and/or The World | Registered: August 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
I think they need another category.
3 according to their scale = Neutral

But I also found that is also means we have no clue or information about this company which can be confusing if you just look at the number listing and not the details.
One example of many that would likely be more in one direction than a 3 if they actually had information on them.

https://www.2ndvote.com/busine...ifle-coffee-company/

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25403 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
Good sight, thanks Para.
I stopped buying Nike altogether and, of course, they're solid Red. Went to New Balance and they're pretty much neutral, which is OK. I meet every week for a men's Bible study at Alliance Defending Freedom (ADF) headquarters and they're a solid 5, which is no surprise.

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1307 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Haveme1or2
posted Hide Post
I need to make some changes with whom I do business with....

Posts: 1002 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: November 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Haveme1or2:
I need to make some changes with whom I do business with....

Me too.. thanks for the site Para.

Posts: 1953 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Progressives have been doing stuff like this for a while. I cannot stand this era or corporate wokekness but until the pushback is such that companies are afraid to enter the political fray we will see continued woke advertising etc.

This is a good way to push back and be an informed consumer. I’d love it if companies went back to focusing on products or services they provide rather than toxic partisan politics.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21099 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
I’d love it if companies went back to focusing on products or services they provide rather than toxic partisan politics.

Amen, brother.
It should be fairly simple: "Design, build, market, sell, support. Don't screw around in politics or things that aren't our core competency."

God bless America.

Posts: 13482 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
This looks like a really good resource. Thanks, para!

Posts: 8607 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
Progressives have been doing stuff like this for a while. I cannot stand this era or corporate wokekness but until the pushback is such that companies are afraid to enter the political fray we will see continued woke advertising etc.

Yup, tell me about it. Cause if you're family ain't woke as hell, you're just not a real family I guess.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30398 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the site. I have shared it with family and friends.

Posts: 5692 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Pickle Rick!
Picture of Pickle Rick
posted Hide Post
Eye opener for sure. Thanks Para.

Posts: 2873 | Location: Lancaster, PA. | Registered: February 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just a little hump bump.

Posts: 4756 | Registered: July 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG's 'n Surefires
Picture of M-11
posted Hide Post
Oh, lordy, SWMBO's head is going to explode!

"Common sense is wisdom with its sleeves rolled up." -Kyle Farnsworth
"Freedom of Speech does not guarantee freedom from consequences." -Mike Rowe
"Democracies aren't overthrown, they're given away." -George Lucas

Posts: 6880 | Location: IL, due south of the Arch | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
I thought I saw reference to it here before, and you guys already knew about this site. A friend of mine sent me the link to it right after it launched. I think his cousin started it or some other family to him. I've been getting regular emails from them ever since.

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. -Ecclesiastes 9:11

Posts: 7248 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
I think it’s interesting. I admit, I might be a bit old school, but I would think “3” is the best score for a business to aspire to - but these days, I suppose our support of various youth sports, vet groups and churches implies a political stance

Posts: 5722 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://youtu.be/8EiYBF9EG28

She sums it up nicely.
A lot of companies I didn't know and some I did.
I'll be honest and say that some I still shop at or support financially.
My phone and plan is through AT&T.
I do go to Walmart occasionally.
Starbucks is a definite no. Hate their coffee and I'll get it from my local gas station on the way into work.
I have some Levi's jeans but tend to buy Carharrt more.
No Nike at all. Nothing.
Do I drop my AT&T phones and plan? Not go to Walmart anymore? What drug store do I go to if I need a prescription filled?
There's others and thankfully I have the freedom to choose who to support and not support. It's like trying to find something not made in China. It can be done but truthfully, you're going to purchase something made there sometime.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aglifter:
I think it’s interesting. I admit, I might be a bit old school, but I would think “3” is the best score for a business to aspire to - but these days, I suppose our support of various youth sports, vet groups and churches implies a political stance

Just doing a quick scan of the list (not breaking it down by 2nd Amendment vs Marriage vs whatever), it looks like the vast majority of the 4 and 5 score outfits are non-profits that focus on conservative issues. Retailers don't show up in that score range, with just a few exceptions like Cabelas and Bass Pro Shops. A whole lot of retailers are listed in 1-2 range.

I'll use this to help decide who or who not to do business with, but for the most part it seems like conservatives have to settle for neutrality at best. Which, as aglifter says, is not necessarily a Bad Thing.

Posts: 7260 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post