SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What I thought would be a easy find - stock mag pouch
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What I thought would be a easy find - stock mag pouch Login/Join 
Picture of muddle_mann
posted
Was trying to find a butt stock magazine pouch; the type that would hold two double stack pistol mags. Danged if I can find one... Anyone know of one out there?

Sorry, the rifle will be Ruger PC9 that has a traditional style stock.

Pissed off beats scared every time…

- Frank Castle

Posts: 3810 | Registered: March 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post

Maybe WWII...what kind of rifle?

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Not sure what type of rifle you are trying to get them for but I have one of these and love it. I have several other items from them as well and they are good quality.

https://www.spectergear.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=59

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
I have been on the same hunt for several years, I have a PC9 and PC4. It looks as if Uncle Mikes used to make a mag pouch for these when they were in production, you will see one come up on Gun Broker occasionally with the original mag pouch. I made a make shift one that doesn't stay put very well. It's just a cheap mag pouch with a velcro strap

It would probably work fine if I sewed a strap to attach it to the back of the butt stock. Maybe one day.

Posts: 5302 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of muddle_mann
posted Hide Post
quote:
I made a make shift one that doesn't stay put very well

A mag pouch specific to the PC9 would be sweet. I was thinking about moding one myself. I have even considered screwing the damn thing right to the stock with self tapping screws... :-\

- Frank Castle

posted Hide Post
Diverting the thread a bit. But back in the 1990's you could get ~30rnd beretta 92 mags which would work in the pc9.

Posts: 1746 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: August 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of muddle_mann
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Augen:
Diverting the thread a bit. But back in the 1990's you could get ~30rnd beretta 92 mags which would work in the pc9.

Why not in the naughts? Conversion should still work unless Ruger changed the mag well...?

I had two PC9s back in the day. Had to sell them both. Got a "new" one now and I don't remember any real difference in the mag well. I have some Beretta 15rd mags and I'll see how close they are to Ruger mags...

- Frank Castle

Picture of muddle_mann
posted Hide Post
anyone know if the butt stock is solid or hollow?

- Frank Castle

Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
https://www.amazon.com/Desanti...arbine/dp/B0048KOFOK

Might be able to modify this one for the storm. Although it might be easier to sew a cuff that fits the stock to utilize a belt mounted pouch, and add a buckle and strap to secure around the butt plate.

Posts: 9947 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post