SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The 2020 Democrat Primary
Page 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 79
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The 2020 Democrat Primary Login/Join 
Picture of bayouman
posted Hide Post
I watched last night and it was a hoot. Like dealing with kindergarten kids or herding cats.

Bayouman
Never let the enemy pick the battle site.

Posts: 727 | Location: New Orleans, Louisiana  | Registered: June 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Did Booker just say, "sh*thole," and it made it to air unfiltered? Did I hear that right?

God bless America.

Posts: 13427 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Booker to Biden “You're drinking the Kool-Aid and don’t even know the flavor”
Big Grin

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Your ears are not deceiving you. Spartacus moment for the Bookermiester.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Mrs. Till: “Well this is all pretty depressing isn’t it?”

Posts: 18017 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I think the most important thing that the country can take away from this debate is how beautiful the Fox Theater is in Detroit. An absolutely amazing historic building.

Yes people we need to do the opposite of what Trump is doing. That means of course wrecking the economy, destroying personal liberty, take all the guns, send all the jobs back over seas, and lets not for get that 70% tax thing.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37931 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Tulsi Gabbard was our Congresscritter when we lived on Maui. Always thought she was a bit of a kook, but compared with everyone else on stage tonight, she sounded sane and sensible. Not to mention the white pantsuit.

Posts: 18017 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
I think the most important thing that the country can take away from this debate is how beautiful the Fox Theater is in Detroit. An absolutely amazing historic building.
It is, isn't it? I remember attending movies there back in the 1940s and 1950s.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
Did Booker just say, "sh*thole," and it made it to air unfiltered? Did I hear that right?

Remember his entire statement as he referred to "shithole countries as opposed to worthy countries." How does he get to decide which is which? What is the criteria?

Posts: 165 | Registered: December 23, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Booker's Jonestown remark kind of hit me as strange due to about 70% of those who died at Jonestown were black. So is he getting a pass on saying that because he's black?

I bet if Biden had made the same remark the cries of racism would be all over the media today.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8066 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Booker grew up in Harrington Park, NJ Bergen County. A VERY well off community. I laugh when he gives the impression "he from da hood!"
As Mayor of Newark, he used it as a stepping stone and Left all those poor folks behind. He did squat for them.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8318 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I can’t watch ‘em, but saw plenty of post debate coverage. Apparently, anytime a more probing, perhaps even tough question was asked, they whined about “Republican talking points.” This happened (it appears) at least four times and 3 different candidates used the phrase.

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
"Republican talking points"?!?!?!?....Pffffff! If ANYONE speaks in "talking points", buzzwords, and headline phrases, it's the Demotardshits. That's all they do!! They spout off some CNN headline phrase and think they've won the debate. Introduce fact to dispute their point and all of a sudden you're a RACIST.

Not enough Roll Eyes

ETA:
Just out of sheer desire to have the TV on in the background and the fact I have basic cable ONLY so that I can bundle to high-speed internet, I have the FOX26 morning show playing in the background. They have a "panel" on there of ordinary citizens and they're being asked "What issues do you think the Democrats need to discuss?"...or something like that (the TV is muted so that my IQ doesn't deteriorate farther than it has).

The "panel" is well represented demographically...[sarcasm]

1 Hispanic male
1 White female
3 Black females
2 Black males

Not a pasty white boy rife with toxic masculinity within 1,000 yards to be found. Couldn't be more obvious. So remind me again the party of "inclusiveness" and "tolerance"???

Again...not enough Roll Eyes

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
"Republican talking points"?!?!?!?....Pffffff! If ANYONE speaks in "talking points", buzzwords, and headline phrases, it's the Demotardshits. That's all they do!! They spout off some CNN headline phrase and think they've won the debate. Introduce fact to dispute their point and all of a sudden you're a RACIST.

Not enough Roll Eyes

Remember, they’re directing this charge of spouting “Republican talking points” at a CNN moderator!

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:

Not enough Roll Eyes

Remember, they’re directing this charge of spouting “Republican talking points” at a CNN moderator!

LOL, eating their own. President Trump has them in a tizzy.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
Pat Sajak sums it up perfectly (after last night):

"Nah, I don't care for this group either. Hoping tomorrow's will be better"

https://twitter.com/patsajak

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
This from Kimberley Strassel this morning:

quote:
Nowhere is the left more nuts than on climate. Biden, the "reasonable" person on stage, says "no more fossil fuels" in his presidency. Think about this, folks. No oil, gas, coal. No diesel trucks, airplanes, fighter jets, chainsaws. This the America you want?

Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Trump wins in a Landslide. Period.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8318 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Booker drives me crazy with how he loudly and eagerly over-ENUNCIATES everything, almost like he's at a high school play. Roll Eyes

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Watched a bit, mostly listened as I worked on the motorcycle, and only because a neighbor tuned it in, what a shidt show, at one point the Sheet In In moderator started a question with "The racists comments by Donald Trump about Baltimore...."

And they wonder why their ratings are in the tank...

Turned it off and watched Yellowstone...

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post