SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The 2020 Democrat Primary
Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 79
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The 2020 Democrat Primary Login/Join 
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Stay Tuned we will be right back.
Commercial Break in Progress.

MSNBC seems to have a bit of trouble with timing.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by owenbright:
Last night's winner: Tulsi Gabbard
Tonight's winner: Andrew Yang

Why? They spoke the least.

And they are both the only ones who come close to any form of rationality on the dim's side.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by recoatlift:
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:
Is it just the color setting on my TV or does Bernies Face and Hands turn purple when talking.

Not his forehead, but face and hands.
His blood pressure must be sky rocketing when he speaks.

On our set, from his eyes down go purple as do his hands. Alien maybe?

Yep, he's turning purple. I was actually wondering for a second if he was going to have a stroke in his closing statement.

Posts: 17055 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Tucker was wound up tonight. Big Grin

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/ddKQIUsmJpU

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
What a bland nothing burger of a "debate"!

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by owenbright:
Last night's winner: Tulsi Gabbard
Tonight's winner: Andrew Yang

Why? They spoke the least.

And they are both the only ones who come close to any form of rationality on the dim's side.
For anyone not familiar with Andrew Yang do some Googling. He's an interesting guy with some interesting, and not real Democrat style, policy proposals. He doesn't have a snowball's chance with the morons voting Dem, but he does make sense on some levels where the others border on insanity.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Yang’s big plan:
What is Universal Basic Income (UBI)?

Yang’s version of UBI, or what his campaign calls a “Freedom Dividend,” is that every American citizen above the age of 18 should get $1,000 per month, no questions asked.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yang’s big plan:

Yang’s version of UBI, or what his campaign calls a “Freedom Dividend,” is that every American citizen above the age of 18 should get $1,000 per month, no questions asked.

No explanation of course of how you would pay for this. If you did this it sounds like hyper inflation such as Zimbabwe or Weimar Germany. This being the case you should print the money on toilet paper so that it would good for something.

Posts: 165 | Registered: December 23, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I grew up reading Sigforum
Picture of owenbright
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yang’s big plan:

He and everyone in his staff clearly don't understand economics.
HOWEVER: all his fellow dims want to tax the shit out of us and spend it the way they want. At least Yang wants you to spend it the way you want. HAHAHAHAH.

Posts: 1884 | Location: on the move | Registered: June 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yang’s big plan:

Interestingly enough, Robert Anson Heinlein in his book "Beyond This Horizon" actually postulated an economy based on a stipend being paid automatically to each household, based on the growth of the economy. (RAH was thought by many to be a Conservative, but he was much more a Libertarian.)

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Let me see if I can summarize both debates

<insert candidate name> "Trump is a liar and evil. I promise to give you everything you want for free! We'll tax those rich bastards to do it"

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37931 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
It occurs to me none of these people are leaders. They are a chaos of pigeons chasing the same morsel of bread tossed on the ground at their twiggy feet.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29607 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
They are trying to out-commie each other....

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
Let me see if I can summarize both debates

<insert candidate name> "Trump is a liar and evil. I promise to give you everything you want for free! We'll tax those rich bastards to do it"

That's what I heard.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5680 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
My take of the night, I actually made it through the entire thing:

Kamala Harris: actually looked like the front runner here and generally managed not to come across as an angry bitch. Her comments about forcing Congress to “do something” about guns in 100 days or else she will do it via executive order shows how crazy and out of touch she really is though. Lady, you’re not dismantling our Constitutional rights via executive order!

Comrade Bernie: came across as an angry old man waving his arms and wagging his finger all night. He’s done

Joe Biden: low energy, he doesn’t have it in him to do this. Was spouting off nonsensical talking points all night. He’s done too.

Mayor Pete Giggity Giggity: came across to me as extremely slick and rehearsed. A used car salesman. This guy has a weird beef with Christianity and had to remind us he’s got a hubby.

I think this will come down to Kamala The Mattress Harris and Pocahontas Warren.

Overall there’s not a single one that is going to be able to beat Donald Trump next year.

Posts: 33601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
quote:
Originally posted by recoatlift:
quote:
Is it just the color setting on my TV or does Bernies Face and Hands turn purple when talking.

Not his forehead, but face and hands.
His blood pressure must be sky rocketing when he speaks.

On our set, from his eyes down go purple as do his hands. Alien maybe?

Yep, he's turning purple. I was actually wondering for a second if he was going to have a stroke in his closing statement.

I wonder if his ambition is not to die until he becomes President? In his mind I suspect he sees himself being buried in an American version of Lenin's Tomb. There he ca become a tourist attraction like Lenin, Mao, Ho Chi Minh, The first two Kims in North Korea, and "briefly" Stalin. I wonder if the Russians would be willing to put him in the Kremlin Wall? I would suggest the county landfill.

Posts: 165 | Registered: December 23, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Overall there’s not a single one that is going to be able to beat Donald Trump next year.
Underestimating ones enemy is a mistake. H.C. was saying the same <opposite> thing and lost to DJT. It'll all come down to organization and mobilization. Another 50/50 vote.

And with luck, the morning after, a bunch of people will be saying to their spouses a similar thing they said in 2016, "Really, he won? And I thought the Anti-Gun Race-Baiter was a shoo-in".

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
Tucker was wound up tonight. Big Grin https://youtu.be/ddKQIUsmJpU

Definitely worth watching!!

Was Beto O'Rourke "I give myself an A" trying to "Trump" Julián Castro? No one can do it like The Man himself.

Wow, strike all the candidates whose name starts with a "B", for starters. That'll halve the field.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
President Yang

President Yang

No, sorry, it just doesn't sang err sing

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
I was able to get thru maybe half of it last night, that was it. Biden looked lost, I think his days are numbered, we will see. Bernie yells and waves his hands and talks nonsense but it must be effective. His followers are pretty well organized so his backers have some deep pockets. Wonder who they are? I just don't see him making it to the finish line.

Harris and Warren will be the two left standing is my guess as well.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5024 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post