SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The 2020 Democrat Primary
Page 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... 79
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The 2020 Democrat Primary Login/Join 
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
What's up with the bizarre tweeting from Bloomberg's campaign? Anyone see this? What a dork.

‘Meatball Mike’ Bloomberg has a weird night on Twitter during Democratic debate
By Ben Feuerherd

January 14, 2020 | 10:42pm

Mike Bloomberg’s presidential campaign tested out an oddball Twitter strategy during the Democratic debate on Tuesday — a move widely panned on the social media site as other users made fun of the “weird” jokes from the campaign.

The campaign, whose candidate was excluded from the debate stage because he is self-funding his 2020 bid, started the cringe-worthy social media blitz by explaining in a tweet they were going to post “fun” content as an alternative.

They drew the most reaction with a photoshopped image of Bloomberg’s face on a meatball, which was accompanied by a tweet that asked users to spot the ball that looked like Mike.

The tweet was scorched by other users, with a number of them replying to it with obscene images.

Others panned the joke.

“This is weird. Not charming. Not cute. Not witty. Not pithy. Not funny. Not clever. WEIRD,” wrote Aubrey Bear.

“No. Not a good idea. I really appreciate all the work Mike has done but please don’t make this weird,” added another Twitter user.

The campaign then went on a storm of other jokes that were largely condemned by other users on the site.

“Less Tostitos branding than we expected. The candidates are barely mentioning Tostitos, which go great with dips, nachos or your favorite party snack recipe! #DemDebate,” the campaign wrote in another tweet.

They also made use of Twitter’s polling feature, asking their followers to respond to equally strange questions.

“WHAT IS THE BEST PART OF THE BODY TO GET A BLOOMBERG 2020 TATTOO?” one of the polls asked. Answers included: lower back, thigh, neck and forehead.

“POLL TIME! WHICH WILD ANIMAL WOULD BE MOST FUN TO RELEASE ONTO THE DEBATE STAGE WITHOUT WARNING?” they wrote in another poll, with options: ostrich, raccoon and komodo dragon.

In another tweet, the campaign included a mocked-up photo of President Gerald Ford eating a calzone with marinara sauce on his mouth.

“Observers believe the turning point of the 1976 election is when Gerald Ford debated while eating a sausage calzone. #DebateFacts #DemDebate,” they wrote.

The campaign then went on a storm of other jokes that were largely condemned by other users on the site.

“What is happening,” replied one user who apparently didn’t appreciate the joke.

“Hacked by #TheOnion?” user David Pinero wrote.

“We’re aren’t hacked. The Bloomberg 2020 team is having a little fun tonight,” a campaign spokesperson said in a statement.

After the tweet storm, Bloomberg tweeted a serious message to Democrats and President Trump, arguing the election will be won in battleground states carried by Trump in 2016 like Wisconsin.

“Now that my team @mike2020 has your attention, I think it’s important that you see what @realDonaldTrump said to voters in Wisconsin tonight. Battleground states like Wisconsin will decide the 2020 election. This is not a joke,” the former mayor wrote.

https://nypost.com/2020/01/14/...g-democratic-debate/

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Hahahahahahahahahahah

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
So they thought blessing their candidate with the sobriquet "Meatball Mike" would be good for his candidacy

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
So they thought blessing their candidate with the sobriquet "Meatball Mike" would be good for his candidacy
That needs to be transformed into 'Meathead Mike'

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16488 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Trying to be hip with the youth? What a douchebag. Roll Eyes

Posts: 33602 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Trying to be hip with the youth? What a douchebag. Roll Eyes

That’s malarkey!

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Yeah. That’s who we need in charge. Meathead Mike.

Posts: 17055 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I wonder if they're trying to counteract the President calling him Mini Mike.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38599 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I'm coming to the opinion that the lead candidate is already chosen and the debates are nothing more than an effort to groom Americans to their ideals and gain feedback on how it's working.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37931 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WaterburyBob:
That needs to be transformed into 'Meathead Mike'

Perfect

Posts: 8602 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
It’s getting good! Steyer looks like he walked in on his parents having sex.

delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Imagine how frail Warren will appear to any other head of State while speaking harshly to them about her dislike of the day.......hands knitted together and trembling while she scolds with crackling voice.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29607 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Anyone can call Warren a liar, it’s easy; that’s what she is.

Posts: 13165 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:

It’s getting good! Steyer looks like he walked in on his parents having sex.

From a guy I follow on Twitter named Benny Johnson:

quote:

Benny

@bennyjohnson
15h15 hours ago

Dear Bernie Sanders supporters,

This is iron-clad proof that CNN colluded with Elizabeth Warren to knife your candidate in the back last night.

Warren did this bullshit onstage with the mics hot bc she knew it would be released.

CNN is trash propaganda

https://twitter.com/bennyjohns.../1217625807029460992

Posts: 33602 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
Imagine how frail Warren will appear to any other head of State while speaking harshly to them about her dislike of the day.......hands knitted together and trembling while she scolds with crackling voice.

She's the embodiment of the scolding mother-in-law type, that's for sure.

Posts: 17055 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Warren has lied so many times about so many things, especially about being persecuted or marginalized for being a woman, I take the other person's word for it over hers everytime, and that includes the other notorious liar in the Dem lineup, Joe Biden. When Joe Biden is more believable than you, you've hit rock bottom.

Warren has made her way through life by using victimhood at all times and her claims have been proven false again and again and again, and now she wants us to believe yet another claim of being victimized for being a woman. Sorry, no. I don't believe a single word you say, lady.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ubique
Picture of TSE
posted Hide Post
Fox news made a pretty convincing case that CNN was purposely targeting Sanders. The entire story about Sander's supposed comments pretty much had to be reported originally by Warren, and was then "confirmed" by Warren's staff. The questions at the debate were absolutely loaded, and then the hot mike afterwards. All designed to knee cap Sanders. Perhaps CNN is assisting the DNC in selecting a candidate.

Calgary Shooting Centre

Posts: 1492 | Location: Alberta | Registered: July 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Warren has lied so many times about so many things, especially about being persecuted or marginalized for being a woman, I take the other person's word for it over hers everytime, and that includes the other notorious liar in the Dem lineup, Joe Biden. When Joe Biden is more believable than you, you've hit rock bottom.

Warren has made her way through life by using victimhood at all times and her claims have been proven false again and again and again, and now she wants us to believe yet another claim of being victimized for being a woman. Sorry, no. I don't believe a single word you say, lady.

It seems so obvious and documented yet there are legions of millions that believe her. And that is scary shit.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5680 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Yes, they didn't have to go digging for that audio. They also didn't have to release it.

The Bernie bots are gonna lose their shit when he gets snubbed again.

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
All designed to knee cap Sanders. Perhaps CNN is assisting the DNC in selecting a candidate.

Well, the DNC knee capped Sanders in 2016 and I wouldn't be surprised if they are stacking the deck in favor of Warren this time.
They are despicable, even among themselves.

My own thought is that this did not play well. The hot mike moment hurt Warren more than Sanders so it was a complete backfire.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23943 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post