SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The 2020 Democrat Primary
Page 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 79
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The 2020 Democrat Primary Login/Join 
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:
Originally posted by nighthawk:
He is the wife, they were wondering if he won the nomination, and he debated Trump, when it was over if his husband came up and gave him a kiss on TV, it might not sit to well with voters.

Perception versus reality. The whole left wing lifestyle doesn’t sit well with a lot of people in flyover country. People can be bullied with the media and constantly harassed as being “hicks”. They can throw around made up statistics on the climate, gun control, or whatever. None of that carries over into the privacy of the voting booth.

My dad would never vote for a gay President. He doesn't say if aloud. But I know it's true

I don't care, but many still do.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
^^^^
I have nothing against gay people either, but have no problem with saying that a gay president would be a disaster. He simply would not get the respect around the globe from world leaders that an American President needs to get, liked or not.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15571 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
I didn't see Pete as a gay candidate. I saw him as an empty suit. He was practiced in his Barack Obama-isms, full of platitudes but with no substance. That can carry a candidate only so far, especially on the national stage.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why do blacks dislike gay men so much.

Posts: 464 | Location: NC | Registered: March 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hangtime:

I say they just do, but here’s a guess from the government. Countless articles online btw.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1768224

Condemnation of homosexuality in the black community: a gender-specific phenomenon?

Ernst FA1, Francis RA, Nevels H, Lemeh CA.
Author information
Abstract
While it is commonly accepted that homosexuality finds less tolerance in the black community, little or no research has addressed this issue empirically. In the context of an epidemiological investigation of AIDS-related attitudes, 2006 state employees were surveyed to compare the condemnatory orientation of blacks and whites towards homosexuality. One item measured endorsement of a hostile proposition concerning the deleterious impact of AIDS on the homosexual population. Greater relative endorsement was found of the proposition by blacks confirming the hypothesis that less social tolerance of homosexuality exists in the black community. Analyses of gender, educational achievement, religious preference, and marital status revealed that the racial difference in condemnation of homosexuality was derived almost exclusively from a difference in attitude between black and white females. The primary source of this difference may stem from the black female perception that homosexuality exacerbates the developing problem of a decreasing pool of available black males already affected by integration, racially disproportionate incarceration rates, and relatively high rates of premature death among black males from heart disease, cancer, AIDS, substance abuse, and violence.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
Just announced: Amy Cankersore is quitting her campaign. It looks like the long knives of the DNC came out this weekend.

Ten little Indians (Warren not included). Now there are four.

The Dims want Biden. He's old, senile and completely controllable.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Klobuchar endorses Biden
The wagons are circling

Sanders is polled to win Massachusetts (Warren's state)

Warren is no longer a real candidate. Will she stay in to deny Sanders delegates ?

Posts: 19569 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:

Exactly. He will restore the swamp.

I'll be surprised if Warren doesn't get out after Super Tuesday and endorse Bernie. I think she's angling for Bernie's VP.
Mini-Mike remains the wildcard.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24102 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:

Exactly. He will restore the swamp.

Nope. He would, but if he ends up with the nomination, PDJT will trounce his senile ass.

quote:
I'll be surprised if Warren doesn't get out after Super Tuesday and endorse Bernie. I think she's angling for Bernie's VP.
Mini-Mike remains the wildcard.

It is a fun show. Off to stock upon popcorn...

Posts: 6917 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hangtime:

I think there is a lot of resentment that homosexuals have co-opted the African-American civil rights struggle and attempted to equate disagreement with the gay lifestyle as equivalent to the racial discrimination faced by blacks.

Posts: 8618 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slosig:

... He would, but if he ends up with the nomination, PDJT will trounce his senile ass.

All the same, President Trump should probably work on his push-ups.

Posts: 8618 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
So, the dem race has come down to a bunch of old, white millionaires and billionaires. And really just two, old white men. Hilarious.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30407 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:
quote:
Originally posted by slosig:

... He would, but if he ends up with the nomination, PDJT will trounce his senile ass.

All the same, President Trump should probably work on his push-ups.

Big Grin

Posts: 6917 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
So, the dem race has come down to a bunch of old, white millionaires and billionaires. And really just two, old white men. Hilarious.

Bloomberg and Bernie argue over who has the worse heart... while slow Joe has another brain bleed.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24102 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
Joe Biden is now the youngest man in the Democrat presidential circus, at 77. Both Sanders and Bloomberg are 78.

Donald John Trump is 73.

Biden has had two brain surgeries, for aneurysms. (Both in 1988)
Sanders had a heart attack while on the campaign trail.
Bloomberg has had a stent implanted and receives treatment for an irregular heartbeat.

I'm leaving Fauxcahontas out of this discussion. She's got her own problems, mostly dealing with her ethics bone.

Picture of nighthawk
posted Hide Post
Don’t forget Biden kicked Corn Pops ass, so he has the Corn Pops voters support, I guess that might make Biden a gang banger !!!!

"Hold my beer.....Watch this".

Posts: 5933 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nighthawk:
Don’t forget Biden kicked Corn Pops ass, so he has the Corn Pops voters support, I guess that might make Biden a gang banger !!!!

Every time I hear that reference, I think of Biden saying, "Corn Pop was a BAD DUDE. And he ran with a bunch of bad boys," I think to myself, "Yeah. Their names were probably Cap'n Crunch, Tony the Tiger, and Snap, Crackle and Pop."

Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:
I'm leaving Fauxcahontas out of this discussion. She's got her own problems, mostly dealing with her ethics bone.

She's got her own problems, mostly dealing with her nonexistent ethics bone.
FIFY.

Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
Still seeing Buttplug’s ads on TV.

He really must be angling for the #2 hole on the future ticket, since he’ll be the only “protected minority” while the other 3 Old White Guys are whacking each other with their walkers and canes.

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2699 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2BobTanner:
Still seeing Buttplug’s ads on TV.

He really must be angling for the #2 hole on the future ticket, since he’ll be the only “protected minority” while the other 3 Old White Guys are whacking each other with their walkers and canes.

That still puts him second in line to be the first gay president; given the health of the entire field a very real possibility. He is still a liability at election time so I'm guessing no.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15571 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post