SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The 2020 Democrat Primary
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 79
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The 2020 Democrat Primary Login/Join 
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
But right now it's Biden Warren and Bernie who have a shot and I think Bernie will continue to fade.
So, two old white men and an old white woman who thinks she's an Indian. So much for liberals diversity...

Big Grin
She's dropped the Indian claim; she's not a member of a tribe. Roll Eyes

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Drinking game. Every time someone answers the question asked, have a drink. Everyone will be sober at the end of this debate.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16400 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
Based purely on what I am seeing tonight from these candidates, I would put my money on Elizabeth Warren to be the Democrat nominee. We'll see what happens in the other debate.
But right now it's Biden Warren and Bernie who have a shot and I think Bernie will continue to fade.

That's the feeling I'm getting as well, with Booker as VP.

He just used "trans" and "lynching" in the same sentence and isn't being cut off as aggressively as what-his-face on far stage right that they've enthusiastically shut down at every turn.

They just don't give as much of a damn about the others.

Posts: 17129 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nojoy
posted Hide Post
On the issue of civil rights; Cory Booker “Don’t forget about black trans gender people”
It keeps getting better by the second. Razz
LOL

Posts: 1292 | Location: Marysville, WA 98271 | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Booker man has some strikin’ blue eyes.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by recoatlift:
The Booker man has some strikin’ blue eyes.
Do you want us to see if we can arrange a date for you?

Posts: 107596 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Well, Tim Ryan just shit his bid and Tulsi Gabbard just picked it up and brushed his teeth with it.

His goldfish gasping just sunk him.

Mark it, Dude.

Posts: 17129 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
Re: all the Spanish being spoken:

Ben Shapiro

@benshapiro
1h1 hour ago

Wait until Warren starts speaking Cherokee.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Must be the blue suit that brings em out. I was hoping he’d set a dollar amount for reparations for blacks.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
Well, Tim Ryan just shit his bid and Tulsi Gabbard just picked it up and brushed his teeth with it.
In English, please.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107596 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Maybe Elizabeth is French.

Elizabeth Warren's Pow Wow Chow 'Cherokee' recipes were word for word COPIES of famous FRENCH chef's techniques

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
In English, please.

He said something about having to maintain wars and Gabbard responded saying that her brothers and sisters in arms who died in Iraq and Afghanistan would disagree. It was a split screen and his reaction was a gaping, gasping mouth, and more than once. Looked like he was sucking for air. I'd like to do better than that on the details, but it was my fleeting impression while I was also sidelined with some family stuff.

When the whole thing is available, I'll update this post with a timestamped video link. That bit was worth a see at the very least. It was absolutely not a strong moment for him.

posted Hide Post
I saw him go slackjaw also.

Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Clean air to breath and clean water to drink.

Naw, I am voting for smog and muddy water.
All true conservatives love them some smog. Hmmm Good.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
I think we can call this the “night of the also rans”. Nobody on that stage has a chance. I was completely unimpressed, as expected.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15579 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nojoy
posted Hide Post
Tomorrow night should be even more entertaining. Wink

Posts: 1292 | Location: Marysville, WA 98271 | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
I think we can call this the “night of the also rans”. Nobody on that stage has a chance. I was completely unimpressed, as expected.

I'm guessing, based on everything I saw, that Warren, Booker, and Beto will wind up in later debates. How far? Who knows.

Klobuchar and Castro seemed to bring up the rear.

But yeah, this was the warm-up act. Tomorrow is the main event.

Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Any feedback on how Gabbard did? She's at least somewhat rational at times on some issues. As such she probably got shut down tonight.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Any feedback on how Gabbard did? She's at least somewhat rational at times on some issues. As such she probably got shut down tonight.

It was all "I'm a veteran," which, don't get me wrong, I'm not shitting on in any way. But no, I didn't see anyone try to engage her or shut her down. They seem to want to ignore her.

As I mentioned a few posts above, she totally shut down Tim Ryan. When the footage is available, I'll be posting it. She basically sunk his bid with her rebuttal to his "we need to stay engaged" remark. He looked like someone slapped him with a 2x4. Whatever your feelings on it, he was sent visibly reeling and looked like a wuss.

*Edit - I feel like the news networks want Warren to make it to the finish line, but now after a bit of reflection, it may be the case that Gabbard makes it further into the race than Wannasquaw.

Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
quote:

Pres. Select, Joe Biden