SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The 2020 Democrat Primary
Page 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... 79
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The 2020 Democrat Primary Login/Join 
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Not watching it but found this on NPR online- a running update script. That jackass Beto still pushing a mandatory buy back (as if he even has the slightest shot at the White House)

https://www.npr.org/2019/10/15...-fact-check-analysis

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15561 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I saw Hunter Biden interviewed this morning. Real smug, pretentious, egocentric and without insight. That was in three minutes, all I could handle. Hope it got lots of public play. Now back to waiting for details....

Posts: 17226 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Details, please

He’s only answering questions when directly asked and not mixing it up and fighting for his place on the stage.
Imo he is laying low and letting the others debate the issues.
Not what one would expect out of a first or second play runner.

Of course as expected they are all full of shit and don’t have a chance in hell of defeating or man the Trumper!

Posts: 18033 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
quote:
I simply cannot bear to watch a Dem "debate". The bullshit flowing at maximum rate is far too much for me. Like most of you, I'll catch the highlights.

Prediction: Kamala, Queen of the Vengeful will try to recapture the glory of the debate where she "surged" Roll Eyes with her unique brand of bitchiness- "I am me" or whatever the fuck it was she said.

EXACTLY

Posts: 2770 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
I can't believe they're letting Tulsi Gabbard back on the stage. I hope she burns her bridges and uses her opportunity to speak (it will probably be about 30 seconds for the whole night, with the way the DNC marginalizes her) to put her foot in Biden's ass, and perhaps Warren as well.

I tuned in for about 15 minutes around an hour into it, just as they turned to foreign policy.

Tulsi basically told the Democrats, the NYT and CNN (who was hosting the whole thing) to go fuck themselves over how they’ve treated her so far:

Democratic debate: Tulsi Gabbard rips hosts CNN, New York Times

The article doesn’t mention it, but she definitely called the Democrats out too.

Then she calls over to America’s Mother-in-Law Warren to stand with her in calling for this war in Syria to be ended, and I’m not shitting you, Warren had a deer-in-headlights panicked look and was like “Huh, what, wait, what, HUH???” Big Grin

Posts: 33777 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
These assholes are still going on about "universal basic income".

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Tulsi basically told the Democrats, the NYT and CNN (who was hosting the whole thing) to go fuck themselves...

Good for her!
Tulsi won the debate, at least according to the Drudge poll afterward. Big Grin

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24073 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The 5 minutes I watched of it had Drama queen Kamala Harris brought up where she was championing women's rights. She said that she would have the federal government institute the preclearance of any existing laws and new laws being created to see if they were constitutional.

YES PLEASE !!! AS she like many other demoncrats do not think, as this would also mean that this would also apply any other laws, especially the 2nd amendment. Just my opinion. God Bless !!! Smile

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3067 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Undertaker
Picture of BigCity
posted Hide Post
I refuse to watch the clown show and depend on this thread to keep me laughing about it. I heard on the radio this morning that not one question was asked about immigration.

John

The key to enforcement is to punish the violator, not an inanimate object. The punishment of inanimate objects for the commission of a crime or carelessness is an affront to stupidity.

Posts: 1728 | Location: People's Republik of Maryland | Registered: November 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Today Bernie Sanders got endorsements from

Alexandria Cortez
Rashida Tlaib
Ilhan Omar

Congrats Bernie! You were endorsed by the 3 most anti-American / radical / hate spewing members of congress.

Posts: 19566 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigCity:
I heard on the radio this morning that not one question was asked about immigration.

Not a single mention of China either.

Just 2 hours of this:

Posts: 33777 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

Alexandria Cortez
Rashida Tlaib
Ilhan Omar

Congrats Bernie! You were endorsed by the 3 most anti-American / radical / hate spewing members of congress.

Yup. And I imagine this fact will not be lost on middle of the road voters. Bernie is circling the drain.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15561 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Highlight of the debate:

‘Ron Reagan’ trends after atheist group runs ad during Democratic primary debate

Ron Reagan crashed the Democratic presidential primary debate Tuesday night with a plug for an atheist group that turned his name into the top trending search on Google — as he declared that he was “not afraid of burning in hell.”

“Hi, I’m Ron Reagan, an unabashed atheist,” the 61-year-old son of the late President Ronald Reagan said in a commercial for the Freedom From Religion Foundation.

“I’m alarmed by the intrusions of religion into our secular government. That’s why I’m asking you to support the Freedom From Religion Foundation, the nation’s largest and most effective association of atheists and agnostics working to keep state and church separate, just like our founding fathers intended.”

In a donation request, the Gipper’s son described himself as a “lifelong atheist, not afraid of burning in hell.”

https://nypost.com/2019/10/16/...atic-primary-debate/

This message has been edited. Last edited by: chellim1,

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24073 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

Alexandria Cortez
Rashida Tlaib
Ilhan Omar

'Or' more aptly, Bernie's chances of winning the Dem nomination just went from poor to 'zero'.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
working to keep state and church separate, just like our founding fathers intended.”
Wrong, Ron. You know about as much about the founders and their intentions as you do about any other important issue plaguing this country. Just put a sock in it will ya.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:

In a donation request, the Gipper’s son described himself as a “lifelong atheist, not afraid of burning in hell.”

Ugh. I'm sure the real Ronald Reagan is turning over in his grave in reaction to what a douchebag this one turned out to be. Frown

Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Why is that video auto playing every time I open this thread? No other video does that.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37950 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's a freak comedy show. I just have Limbaugh give me the roll up. I figure I'd loose too many brain cells watching that circus. And I'm starting to run low on brain cells - but not low enough to vote demoncrap.

-.-. --.- -.-. --.- -.-. --.- -.-. --.-
It only stands to reason that where there's sacrifice, there's someone collecting the sacrificial offerings. Where there's service, there is someone being served. The man who speaks to you of sacrifice is speaking of slaves and masters, and intends to be the master.

Ayn Rand

"He gains votes ever and anew by taking money from everybody and giving it to a few, while explaining that every penny was extracted from the few to be giving to the many."

Ogden Nash from his poem - The Politician

Posts: 1687 | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Oh, it's getting good. They are SCARED of Gabbard.

Hillary Clinton floats conspiracy that Tulsi Gabbard is being 'groomed' by Russians

Hillary Clinton in a new interview appeared to float a conspiracy theory that the Russians are “grooming” Hawaii congresswoman and Democratic presidential candidate Tulsi Gabbard to be a third-party candidate in 2020, while claiming 2016 Green Party nominee Jill Stein is "also" a Russian asset.

Appearing on former President Obama aide David Plouffe’s “Campaign HQ” podcast, Clinton did not mention Gabbard specifically by name, though Plouffe ended the podcast by noting Clinton’s “belief that Tulsi Gabbard is going to be a third-party candidate propped up by Trump and the Russians.”

“I'm not making any predictions but I think they've got their eye on somebody who is currently in the Democratic primary and are grooming her to be the third-party candidate,” Clinton said, in apparent reference to Gabbard. “She's the favorite of the Russians. They have a bunch of sites and bots and other ways of supporting her so far.”

She then accused Stein, who ran against her and Donald Trump in 2016, of also being an asset of Russia: "That’s assuming Jill Stein will give it up, which she might not because she’s also a Russian asset."

Other Democrats have made similar claims about Gabbard, a Hawaii Democratic congresswoman and Hawaii Army National Guard major who served in Iraq. For her part, during this week’s presidential debate in Ohio, Gabbard fired back at those accusing her of this.

"Just two days ago, The New York Times put out an article saying that I'm a Russian asset and an Assad apologist and all these different smears,” Gabbard said. “This morning, a CNN commentator said on national television that I'm an asset of Russia — completely despicable."

Gabbard has repeatedly been accused by Democrats of being a "puppet for the Russian government." Gabbard – an anti-war activist who has accused the United States of waging a "regime change war” in Syria – has had to defend her 2017 meeting with Syrian President Bashar al-Assad, the brutal dictator, throughout the campaign.

Others on Friday expressed fear that Gabbard would run as a third-party candidate, helping Trump in his reelection.

"If @TulsiGabbard runs, it wd be a huge windfall for Trump, Assad, Putin, Xi,” former U.N. ambassador Samantha Power tweeted in response to Clinton’s comments.

Fox News' Sam Dorman and Kelly Phares contributed to this report.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Who forgot to give the hag her meds?!

Posts: 13741 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post