SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The 2020 Democrat Primary
Page 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... 79
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The 2020 Democrat Primary Login/Join 
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Well...President Trump could pull a Reagan and say something to the effect, (in Reagan voice) "I'm not going to make health an issue in this campaign. I am not going to exploit my opponent's heart attack and cardiac history as an indicator that he is unfit to hold the highest office in this land." Big Grin

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
I agree Bernie is not getting out of the race, but he's almost totally irrelevant at this point.

Not so fast. As far as Bernie goes, everyone else in the primary is playing "me too" or "me more" against positions in which he's already well-established, quite credible and for which he's already developed solid constituencies (by the standards of the Democrat Party). At the same time, neither Biden nor Warren are so popular in the party that their respective bases aren't shaky as hell. With over a year to go, you can't really count on either of them being a front-runner by next October.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
I agree Bernie is not getting out of the race, but he's almost totally irrelevant at this point.

Not so fast. As far as Bernie goes, everyone else in the primary is playing "me too" or "me more" against positions in which he's already well-established, quite credible and for which he's already developed solid constituencies (by the standards of the Democrat Party). At the same time, neither Biden nor Warren are so popular in the party that their respective bases aren't shaky as hell. With over a year to go, you can't really count on either of them being a front-runner by next October.
Take this to the bank. Given where the Dem party has moved to at this point, coupled with Bernie's age and demeanor, there is no way the DNC would ever allow him to be their nominee. None. Just like in 2016 (but for slightly different reasons this time) Bernie has no shot at the nomination. As has been mentioned a few times throughout this thread, I too believe Warren will be the nominee after Biden flames out. I also believe that will guarantee Warren will be soundly destroyed in the general election. It should also help return the majority in the house to the GOP (assuming the GOP doesn't screw that up).

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
I think this face says it all. You're a millionaire running a self funded campaign and this is the moment you realize that this is the party you chose to run in.

No kidding, these people are satan personified.

Posts: 9947 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I think the Democrats will ultimately "run an Obama" on us. The convention will be hopelessly deadlocked so no one wins the nomination. Then some totally unheard of person with no coattails and a smooth delivery will be trotted out and annointed. Just as no one had ever heard of Obama prior to his sudden insertion in the political spectrum, this person will be. With no known history (good coverups) there will be little to flail the person with.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Sure, that's what's going to happen.

Posts: 107260 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think the twelve Tue nite should all be put in a room with each with a sock full of cow dung and let them fight it out and winner is the nominie.

Posts: 4472 | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by satch:
I think the twelve Tue nite should all be put in a room with each with a sock full of cow dung and let them fight it out and winner is the nominie.

If you put those 12 in a room, there is no need to add any more cow dung.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So I'm reading that Tulsi is going to be part of the next debate?

The featherhead better watch out.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by roberth:

And ol' Fadin' Joe, too.

Posts: 107260 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
And this is why we have the ‘impeachment inquiry’. All these Dems are total losers, and will never win unless Trump is seriously tarnished.

There is no valid reason for impeachment. They just want to pry support away from Trump.

For some voters it will likely work, hopefully not enough to matter.

Posts: 6132 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^^ I don't think it is working - the media's been reduced to claiming that Trump may have a problem in 2020 because polls claim some people favor impeachment. We all know what polls are - guesses dressed up in math and, in this case, composed at least partially of Republicans who think impeachment will be a political disaster for House Democrats. As for 2020, well, with more than a year to go any prediction is a screaming stretch.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
^^^ I don't think it is working - the media's been reduced to claiming that Trump may have a problem in 2020 because polls claim some people favor impeachment. We all know what polls are - guesses dressed up in math and, in this case, composed at least partially of Republicans who think impeachment will be a political disaster for House Democrats. As for 2020, well, with more than a year to go any prediction is a screaming stretch.
I haven’t answered any polls, but I would to see the Dims have to stand up and have their votes be counted. I’ve got to imagine that it would cost several of them their seats and help us retake Congress.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am now in my mid 60s. Never in my lifetime have I been invited to participate in any "poll".
I think most of them are BS.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by roberth:

And ol' Fadin' Joe, too.

The title of this thread is very apt, their fear has devolved into their reality.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Personally, I’m more concerned about Gabbard getting the nod over Bumbling Joe or Liawatha. I’m more afraid of middle of the road voters decisions than the loony leftist vote. I would love to see her slash the current field unmercifully on national tv though.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
Personally, I’m more concerned about Gabbard getting the nod over Bumbling Joe or Liawatha. I’m more afraid of middle of the road voters decisions than the loony leftist vote. I would love to see her slash the current field unmercifully on national tv though.

One of the last people we want running against Trump is Tulsi Gabbard. Hopefully the radical dems never realize this fact.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30298 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
In most Presidential elections, nominees have to veer to the right or left in order to win the nomination from the party, and then veer towards the center in order to win enough votes to become President. In Gabbard's case, if she were to win the nomination she might decide she'd have to turn to the left in order to hold the Democrat 'coalition' together long enough to be competitive in the general election.

Then again, I'm convinced that none of the Dem nomination candidates can believe Trump won in '16 and therefore can't believe he could possibly win again in 2020.

Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
One of the last people we want running against Trump is Tulsi Gabbard. Hopefully the radical dems never realize this fact.
Yup. She could actually build up a team from just right of center to the Left and give Trump a real headache.

Of course she is running now to be more viable in 2024 / 2028.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I wonder if this will be Bernie's last debate before he drops out?

I've worked with guys who have had stents put in and they weren't to exert themselves for months.

Bernie gets himself so worked up during these things, wagging his finger and all, it will be fun to see how he's going to follow his doctors orders.

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post