SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The 2020 Democrat Primary
Page 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 79
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The 2020 Democrat Primary Login/Join 
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
The Leftist Dems can sum up their position in two words.

FREE SHIT

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
A pretty good indication that the Dems have gone completely off the rails is when the NYT runs an editorial that essentially asks, “WTF?”

quote:
According to a recent Gallup poll, 35 percent of Americans call themselves conservative, 35 percent call themselves moderate and 26 percent call themselves liberal. The candidates at the debates this week fall mostly within the 26 percent. The party seems to think it can win without any of the 35 percent of us in the moderate camp, the ones who actually delivered the 2018 midterm win.

Brooks Editorial—NYT

Posts: 13237 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Harris is already selling t shirts about her bus story. Seems to be pre planned.

https://www.foxnews.com/politi...-girl-was-me-t-shirt

Kamala Harris’ campaign capitalized on her viral debate moment with Joe Biden on Thursday night, making a “That little girl was me” T-shirt available via her campaign website.

At the Democratic debate in Miami, Harris attacked Biden’s decades-ago work with segregationist senators, making the point personal by explaining she was a member of only the second class of black children in California to be bused to school in an effort to force desegregation.

“That little girl was me,” she said directly to the former vice president.

The 'That little girl was me' t-shirt sells for $30 on Harris' website.

The moment has been touted as one of the standouts of the two nights of debates. Afterward, Harris tweeted a photo of herself as a little girl with a note saying, “There was a little girl in California who was bussed to school. That little girl was me. #DemDebate.”

By Friday morning, the photo of Harris as a young girl was emblazoned on a T-shirt, selling on her website for $30.

Some, though, viewed the monetization of the debate moment as crass.

“This just made me mad uncomfortable. Like I legit just second guessed wanting to vote for her after seeing this lol,” one Instagrammer wrote.

“It makes your sentiment seem orchestrated,” another said. "non-authentic," someone else posted.

”Kamala—commercializing what I (and probably many others) believed to be a beautifully emotional/off the cuff comment to Joe Biden so soon afterward makes your thoughtful words seem hollow and calculated. Please don’t give anyone reason to believe you’re disingenuous!! Please do better than this,” said another.

Still, some disagreed. One follower called the shirt “powerful." Another wrote, "GOT MINE. keep making us proud."

Posts: 5416 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by yanici:
One has lied her way to promotion by falsely claiming to be a minority and the other has gotten promoted by lying on her back.

You know what’s bad? At first, I thought the first person you were referring to was Harris, who is half Indian and half Jamaican with a slave owner heritage. That she slept her way into her government makes it that much worse.

Posts: 17113 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
At the Democratic debate in Miami, Harris attacked Biden’s decades-ago work with segregationist senators, making the point personal by explaining she was a member of only the second class of black children in California to be bused to school in an effort to force desegregation.

School busing - forcing kids to travel across town, far away from home, where nothing looks familiar and, yet, she joined the party that created, pushed and advocated it ....and now wants to run as it's POTUS candidate. Roll Eyes

Posts: 14634 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Phonies all of them. As genuine as a chinese Rolex.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gpbst3:
Harris is already selling t shirts about her bus story. Seems to be pre planned.

https://www.foxnews.com/politi...-girl-was-me-t-shirt

Kamala Harris’ campaign capitalized on her viral debate moment with Joe Biden on Thursday night, making a “That little girl was me” T-shirt available via her campaign website.

The 'That little girl was me' t-shirt sells for $30 on Harris' website.

The moment has been touted as one of the standouts of the two nights of debates. Afterward, Harris tweeted a photo of herself as a little girl with a note saying, “There was a little girl in California who was bussed to school. That little girl was me. #DemDebate.”

By Friday morning, the photo of Harris as a young girl was emblazoned on a T-shirt, selling on her website for $30.

Some, though, viewed the monetization of the debate moment as crass.

“This just made me mad uncomfortable. Like I legit just second guessed wanting to vote for her after seeing this lol,” one Instagrammer wrote.

“It makes your sentiment seem orchestrated,” another said. "non-authentic," someone else posted.

”Kamala—commercializing what I (and probably many others) believed to be a beautifully emotional/off the cuff comment to Joe Biden so soon afterward makes your thoughtful words seem hollow and calculated. Please don’t give anyone reason to believe you’re disingenuous!! Please do better than this,” said another.

Still, some disagreed. One follower called the shirt “powerful." Another wrote, "GOT MINE. keep making us proud."

Seems she will be making her campaign all about herself. Didn't we hear the same thing with Obama?

Posts: 4472 | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Everything is pre-planned; she practiced those lines HUNDREDS of times in debate pre vs someone playing Uncle Joe Biden.

He just made it EVEN better by fucking up his response even worse... Big Grin

Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
Everything is pre-planned; she practiced those lines HUNDREDS of times in debate pre vs someone playing Uncle Joe Biden.

The easiest way to tell it was pre-planned is that Harris delivered it without stumbles or hesitation. Once she's off script where she has to think on her feet, she's a disaster. Think how she'd do in a 'real' debate with a 'real' opponent. She's toast when that day arrives.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bigdeal,

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I watched the "debates" (they weren't), or as much as I could stand before finding something more interesting to do (picking the wings off dead flies, etc).

It was easy to go down the row as each one spoke and note "that one's not getting elected." Without worrying about anything else, gun control is a magic touchstone that spells the death knell for any candidate, and the moment it passes their lips, they're done.

Regardless of which side one is on, it's too big an issue with too big a road block; there are too many in this country who aren't going to stand for that, and though the NRA has become a shit show fifteen ways from Sunday, it's still one of the most powerful lobbying organizations in the world, and still holds significant weight.

When anarchy and chaos reign and the elected government can no longer govern, all there is to fall back on is one's own defense, and the same is true of a government that governs too much. When that government threatens to take away firearms, one has surrendered everything, including personal rights (with or without the consitution). A candidate who threatens that intrinsic human right, that candidate is done. That was nearly, but not all of the candidates on the lineup.

Regardless of what else they have to say, that position alone on their platform is enough to cost them their bid.

Saturday Night Live will have a heyday with these "debates."

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
The easiest way to tell it was pre-planned is that Harris delivered it with stumbles or hesitation. Once she's off script where she has to think on her feet, she's a disaster. Think how she's do in a 'real' debate with a 'real' opponent. She's toast when that day arrives.

Same with her food fight / food on the table line. Well practiced, well delivered - even Biden (who a swamp donkey) gave her a golf clap and a look as if to say "well played, well played".

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:

No doubt, it was pre-planned.
Still, the only real take-away from these first 2 debates is that 3 women advanced their cause:
Elizabeth Warren, Kamala Harris, Tulsi Gabbard.
Joe Biden was the biggest loser, followed by Bernie Sanders.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24066 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
We’ve got your number just fine, Horizontal Harris.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15560 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
quote:

School busing - forcing kids to travel across town, far away from home, where nothing looks familiar ...

Even many, perhaps most, blacks didn't like it. Nevermind that it was an abysmal failure wrt its stated goal. Mainly what it accomplished was to intensify and expand white flight. So go ahead, Harris: Pin your campaign on that.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
Saturday Night Live will have a heyday with these "debates."
I don't think SNL will give this a second thought. They're too "woke"...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I didn't catch any of the debate coverage although I listened to FBN summaries while I was driving and a few clips of 'lowlights'

what I cam away with from all of this is that none of them are 'Presidential Timber'

none of them like the United States in its capitalist form and ALL of them think they have the ability to transform an entire nation without a backlash

and more than half are just plain stupid

but I'm glad they have fielded the people they have - will make it much easier to defeat them all

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
Mainly what it accomplished was to intensify and expand white flight. So go ahead, Harris: Pin your campaign on that.

This is exactly what happened in Prince Georges County, MD. I know. I lived through it.

It is curious that Harris doesn't mention that when she was twelve her mother moved with her children to Canada after divorcing their father.

Posts: 6621 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Seems #HorizontalHarris is partnering with Playboy. Somehow this seems appropriate.

"One of the hosts of a just-announced fundraiser for Kamala Harris is Playboy founder Hugh Hefner's youngest son, who has become increasingly vocal about politics and is launching a new website described as a combination of "Fifty Shades of Grey" and BuzzFeed."

https://freebeacon.com/politic...a-harris-fundraiser/

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16676 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nighthawk
posted Hide Post
Did they not bus inner city kids to the nicer schools in the suburbs, and suburbs kids into the inner city, so what is she bitching about?

"Hold my beer.....Watch this".

Posts: 5933 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nighthawk:
Did they not bus inner city kids to the nicer schools in the suburbs, and suburbs kids into the inner city, so what is she bitching about?

She grew up in fuckin’ Berkeley! Her dad was an econ professor at Stanford and her mother was a scientist who researched breast cancer. The only inner city she ever saw was from the freeway.

Posts: 13237 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post