SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Apple Home Pod
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Apple Home Pod Login/Join 
posted
Anyone using One, How does it sound Pros Con Thoughts Thanks

Posts: 435 | Location: rocky river ohio | Registered: February 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
I have two. One in my kitchen and bedroom; at some point I will get one for my basement office as well.

I think it sounds better than any of the other "pods" out there....great bass, and you can pair a couple of them together for 'stereo' sound.

It just recently added the ability to play radio stations and add items to your calendar and review it.

I want it it be better about sending an email (currently cannot) and since I live alone, I like that I can have it read and send text messages without entering a passcode.

If you have nosey family, you may want to review the security features on that if you have concern that folks might try to have it read them your previous text messages.

Overall I really like mine and am going to get a 3rd for my office when they get some type of black Friday deal.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
I’m interested in one also. Can I connect an old, music dedicated iPod to it by USB?

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by craigcpa:
I’m interested in one also. Can I connect an old, music dedicated iPod to it by USB?

No USB - bluetooth communication through your devices only.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
LIBERTATEM DEFENDIMUS
Picture of Belgian Blue
posted Hide Post
Of all the cool products Apple makes, that's one I'll never own.

Posts: 5415 | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
The HomePod has Bluetooth hardware support, but firmware disables it. Furthermore, you can’t play Apple Music if your only Internet connection is via an iPhone Personal Hotspot (my situation). I won’t buy a pair of HomePods unless that changes. Sad – the HomePods have superb audio technology.

Member henryaz has a HomePod.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8854 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by craigcpa:

The homepod has Airplay, too. Anything playing on your Mac can be played over the Homepod. It shows up as an available speaker. So, you could connect your old music dedicated iPod to a Mac and start it playing in iTunes, then select the Homepod as the output speaker. I often play the sound portion of YouTube videos over the Homepod.

ETA, I just checked to see how far back Airplay capability goes. For an iOS device, it must be running iOS 4.2 or later (that's a long ways back, so your old iPod might be able to stream directly to the Homepod). And all Macs can Airplay. The only other requirement is the devices have to be on the same network, i.e., your home network.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post