SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Daytona 500 live report
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Daytona 500 live report Login/Join 
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
That is awesome. So glad he is up and around. Amazing.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3590 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My thought was if it was coolant(water) it would have been 200 Deg F. More steam than liquid.
Maybe they don't have check valves to stop flow when upside down?
I will go to U Tube and watch again.

As I saw the broadcast I was thinking of this episode With Richard Petty.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lV-knLAg_hQ

quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
quote:
Originally posted by filipows:

In the tv broadcast with the car upside down there appeared to be fuel pouring out of the car.

I'd have to review the DVR but I'm pretty sure that was water from the radiator. It seemed to be coming from the front half of the car. Had it been gas, there'd have been a lot more urgency from the responders.

Posts: 95 | Location: Spokane Washington | Registered: June 14, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
The smiles on his girls face say's everything. Praise God.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19181 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
quote:
Originally posted by filipows:

In the tv broadcast with the car upside down there appeared to be fuel pouring out of the car.

I'd have to review the DVR but I'm pretty sure that was water from the radiator. It seemed to be coming from the front half of the car. Had it been gas, there'd have been a lot more urgency from the responders.

Pretty sure that was the rear of the vehicle, the paint that was left in the area is blue, and his paint scheme is white front, blue rear.

Lucky the fire was a bit uphill from the leak, as it sure appears to be fuel unless they are mounting some kind of coolant tank in the rear of the vehicle which you don't see in the ESPN cut away shot below.

Posts: 23437 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Great news

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15312 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Texas Proud
Picture of texassierra
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PaPaP226:
Newman was just discharged from the hospital.

NRA Life Patron

Posts: 1906 | Location: DFW | Registered: March 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
I think he is in his socks Smile

What a great pic, just made my day.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3590 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Those are awesome pictures to see. It took so long for NASCAR to say anything I was afraid it was going to be a repeat of 2001. I believe things happen for a reason. Hopefully this is a catalyst for a he and his wife to work out there differences for those girls.

Posts: 170 | Location: Kearney, MO | Registered: October 18, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
NASCAR also needs to get rid of stage racing and mandatory cautions. If you want to have a race, just let them race rather than manage the commercial time.

They have gone to the same stupid as F1

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53176 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
Great to see him with his kids.

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ontmark:
Great to see him with his kids.

+1. That wreck could have been really bad.

Posts: 7549 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
I think they need to reduce the size of the spoiler on the back. Keep them on the ground and mostly right side up.

32nd degree
Picture of roarindan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
NASCAR also needs to get rid of stage racing and mandatory cautions. If you want to have a race, just let them race rather than manage the commercial time.

They have gone to the same stupid as F1
. and reduce the field, 40 cars crowds the track.

"the world doesn't end til yer dead, 'til then there's more beatin's in store, stand it like a man, and give some back"
Al Swearengen

Posts: 4586 | Location: East Overshoe, second buckle from the top. | Registered: January 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post