SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Daytona 500 live report
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Daytona 500 live report Login/Join 
32nd degree
Picture of roarindan
posted
Jacksonville, Florida local news reporter was giving his opening lines last night on camera when a guy walked by him wearing a TRUMP2020 cap!!!. I’m surprised they didn’t stop and reshoot so as to not rile the dumbocrats.

"the world doesn't end til yer dead, 'til then there's more beatin's in store, stand it like a man, and give some back"
Al Swearengen

Posts: 4586 | Location: East Overshoe, second buckle from the top. | Registered: January 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
You won't find a lot of Bernie caps at the 500

Trumps going to be the Grand Poo Bah this Year

Trump first POTUS named Grand Marshall of the Daytona 500

Posts: 23393 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
TRUMP , YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Daytona....meh.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kramden:
TRUMP , YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Daytona....meh.

Always with the negative waves.....

Should be a hood race!

Posts: 5028 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Curious how he will arrive. Daytona airport isn’t huge not sure AF1 can land there but it would be cool to watch it land there the airport borders the track

Posts: 23393 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
Reagan was there to see Petty win his 200th. It was the July race. I thought he landed there right by the track.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes,he did. There are still shot photos of the plane landing as the 43 was going down the backstretch at speed.

Posts: 794 | Location: NW North Carolina | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:

Curious how he will arrive. Daytona airport isn’t huge not sure AF1 can land there but it would be cool to watch it land there the airport borders the track
Runway 7L / 25R is 10,500’ long.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Full flaps

Posts: 122 | Location: N. TX | Registered: June 22, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Invest Early, Invest Often
Picture of TomV
posted Hide Post
Had to post it....

Posts: 1347 | Location: Escaped California...Now In Sunny, Southern Utah | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
And it looks like a lap around the track in the presidential limo is a possibility.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/sp...p-daytona-500-nascar

Trump's Daytona 500 appearance could include lap in presidential limo

Trump is planning to take a lap in the presidential car known as "The Beast"

By Thomas BarrabiFOXBusiness

President Trump’s appearance at the Daytona 500 on Sunday may feature a guest appearance from the presidential limousine known as “The Beast.”

Trump is planning to take a lap around the track at Daytona International Speedway prior to the venerable NASCAR event, Fox News chief White House correspondent John Roberts reported on Friday, citing multiple sources familiar with the matter. Plans have not yet been finalized.

NASCAR named Trump the grand marshal of the Daytona 500, marking the first time a sitting president has held the honor. He is the latest of several presidents to visit the historic race.

“Daytona International Speedway has been privileged to have hosted several sitting Presidents of the United States over our history,” Daytona International Speedway President Chip Wile said in a statement. “We’re honored that the President of the United States has chosen to experience the pageantry and excitement of ‘The Great American Race’ by attending Sunday’s 62nd annual Daytona 500.”

Former President George W. Bush attended the Daytona 500 in 2004. His father, former president George H.W. Bush, attended a July race at Daytona in 1992 and Ronald Reagan attended a race in 1984.

Trump’s presence at the race was first reported Wednesday when the Federal Aviation Administration issued a flight restriction over the racetrack for Sunday. The announcement of a flight restriction is standard when the president attends a major sporting event.

The U.S. Secret Service tweeted Wednesday that it was securing the Daytona International Speedway. The presidential security branch noted that drones are banned within a 30-mile radius of the event.

The Daytona 500 will mark Trump’s latest trip to a major sporting event in recent months. The president previously attended the NCAA College Football Playoff’s national championship game in January, the Army-Navy college football game in December, the Alabama-LSU college football game in November and the World Series in October.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11762 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
I believe there is a cool picture of Air Force 1 departing while the race was ongoing in 2004. I swear Bush 2 left while the race was going on

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post

My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2000Z-71:
And it looks like a lap around the track in the presidential limo is a possibility.

Lucky for the race car drivers, The Beast will not be entered into the race.

Posts: 9142 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of scot818
posted Hide Post
I just retired and going to Daytona is on my bucket list. But I won’t make it this year.

Posts: 1442 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: May 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Beast weighs 22,000 lbs.

Sgt. USMC 1970 - 1973

Posts: 411 | Location: Columbiana, Ohio  | Registered: May 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mas4363:
The Beast weighs 22,000 lbs.

But it doesn't have a restrictor plate...

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11762 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Let’s get this show on the road!

Posts: 13237 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
Get ‘er done !

0:01

Posts: 4206 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
It was gratifying to see the enthusiastic welcome our President received. He handled him self quite well and I was happy to see he buttoned his suit jacket. Nancy pelosi must be mumbling.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post