SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Bass Pro Shops cancels "concealed carry fashion show"
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bass Pro Shops cancels "concealed carry fashion show" Login/Join 
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted
This is in Massachusetts. It was sponsored by our Gun Owner's Action League. They caved just because there was a rumor of protests and they apparently were worried about violence in the store.

I'm thinking Bass Pro and Cabelas may be off my shopping list.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/me...uCp2VhXJL/story.html

Bass Pro Shops has postponed a concealed carry “fashion show” and fund-raiser scheduled for Friday at the company’s Foxborough store, according to organizers of the event.

The company told the Gun Owners’ Action League of Massachusetts that the decision was due to “unforeseen circumstances,” the group said in a statement Wednesday.

The statement did not elaborate on what caused the event to be postponed.

“We are very disappointed by Bass Pro Shop’s decision,” the statement said. “. . . We apologize for any inconvenience this decision by Bass Pro Shop may have caused.”

GOAL will try to find a new venue for the show, according to the statement.

“If we can’t find a new venue quickly we will get in touch with everyone concerning processing refunds on tickets purchased,” it said.

The event, co-hosted with the online networking group Massachusetts Women Gun Owners, was billed as an “entertaining yet educational event highlighting firearms, holsters, personal safety products, and [concealed carry] clothing.”

Organizers planned to have models strutting down the runway wearing gun-related gear, ranging from thigh holsters and hip-huggers to more traditional waist band options.

Models would be wearing plastic replicas instead of real firearms, an organizer said.

Proceeds were intended to support the Massachusetts Women’s Leadership and Firearms Summit, a weekend-long gun education workshop.

Mandy Deveno, a GOAL board member and the event’s coordinator, referred comment to Bass Pro Shops and GOAL Executive Director Jim Wallace when reached by phone Wednesday night.

Neither Wallace nor a spokesman for Bass Pro Shops immediately responded to requests for comment Wednesday night.

An e-mail sent to the Massachusetts Women Gun Owners group was not answered Wednesday night.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12436 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by frayedends:
This is in Massachusetts. It was sponsored by our Gun Owner's Action League. They caved just because there was a rumor of protests and they apparently were worried about violence in the store.

Protest a gun event in a violent manner ? <---- doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Oh wait, I forgot 'the group' whom we are talking about. They NEVER make too much sense.

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
The 'Heckler's veto' is alive and picking up steam.

The recent history of giving Peaceful Protesters 'room to destroy' and and what is essentially a free pass to disrupt has not devolved to the point where the mere threat shuts down whatever normal thing they are moaning about now.

The answer of course is civilized behavior but if that won't work then it has to be stopped before we can't speak, ever. Patriot Guard, Proud boys, hired security, just make it stop.

Do I want this, of course not. I will accept it though, lefties have no moral right to silence us and letting have them have the field isn't working.

Posts: 6387 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wishfull thinker:
The 'Heckler's veto' is alive and picking up steam.

The recent history of giving Peaceful Protesters 'room to destroy' and and what is essentially a free pass to disrupt has now devolved to the point where the mere threat shuts down whatever normal thing they are moaning about now.
FIFY (replaced "not" with "now")

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post