SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    need user comments on backpacker style water filter
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

need user comments on backpacker style water filter Login/Join 
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
Just remember back to high school, viruses are TINY. And none of these filters can combat viruses, just larger organisms. If you are worried about viruses, than some way to chemically sterilize the water after filtering is appropriate.

https://thesummitregister.com/...ent-101-viruses-3-2/

That's why I carry a steripen.

It uses UV to kill everything.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13957 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all these models to review. Several seem exactly perfect

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9854 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
I purchased this brand:
https://www.amazon.com/Survivo...ter+emergency+filter
Filters to 99.99 easy to use, built well. I also purchased an extra carbon filter for it.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4015 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post