SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Popeye's Chicken Sandwich
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Popeye's Chicken Sandwich Login/Join 
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
Bravo to their marketing team...

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3584 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We tried to go to Popeye's today for late lunch (about 2pm). They had the front door locked and were only serving the drive thru which had a long line. We went somewhere else - I don't eat in the car anymore.

armadill0

Posts: 35 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: April 01, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It was my Tuesday lunch for a few weeks.

Guess, since it’s Tuesday tomorrow I’ll have to assess if they still the same

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6218 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather have luck
than skill any day
Picture of mjlennon
posted Hide Post
Tried to get one today, couldnt get into the parking lot for the line of traffic wrapped around the building twice.

Posts: 1817 | Location: Fayetteville, Georgia | Registered: December 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
Imagine getting stabbed in Maryland over a chicken sandwich

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3584 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Andyb:

A Chick-fil-a with cheese, yeah. But not a Popeyes sandwich. Smile

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3955 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wishbone
posted Hide Post
Popeyes website still says they are not available yet lol.

Posts: 946 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: November 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Idiot by birth,
Asshole by choice
posted Hide Post
Lmao at this thread. It’s like Coke Vs Pepsi, Democrats Vs Republicans, of which Religion is God a fan of.

Living here in the Deep South of GA, we have CFA.
There are Three chicken places here that are Way better than CFA.

Big Chick, Jim Bobs, and Popeyes.
KFC opens a new store next month.

CFA is over hyped garbage.

Posts: 3100 | Location: Georgia... 45 Minutes from everywhere....... | Registered: July 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
I probably won't be trying one for a while. Our two closest locations have consistently been terribly slow with rude service, even before the sandwiches came out. I really hate going there. Even on a really crowded day, our local CFA moves the line efficiently and doesn't screw up the order.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bobandmikako:
..... Our two closest locations have consistently been terribly slow with rude service....

FIFY

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12348 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Republican in training
Picture of DonDraper
posted Hide Post
Soon as the dust settles I want to try a spicy one. I hear they are the bomb.

--------------------
I like Sigs and HK's, and maybe Glocks

Posts: 2263 | Location: SC | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
Too late smart
posted Hide Post
quote:

Not only stabbed but killed

https://wtop.com/crime/2019/11...ar-chicken-sandwich/

NRA Life Member
Member Isaac Walton League

I wouldn't let anyone do to me what I've done to myself

Posts: 1487 | Location: NoVa | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogB:
quote:

For a gut bomb! Eek

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rduckwor:
I had one from the first go round and it was O.K. I got the spicy sandwich and they slathered too damn much spicy sauce on it.
Same here. I have no idea what the sandwich is like, just the sauce. For me, the chicken had no taste.

No thanks.

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. -Ecclesiastes 9:11

Posts: 7230 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
Just had the spicy one for lunch. Not great but not bad. Would I eat another one? Probably. If it’s between Popeye and CFA - no contest. CFA all the way.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Tried a bite of the popeye sammich last night.
To each his own but I thought it tasted like some of the lowest tier fast food I've ever eaten.
I will never stray from the delicious spicy chicken deluxe sammiches from CFA ever again.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
The homeys in the jail told me that Popeyes chicken sandwich is to die for. Literally. Smile

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Longbow_06:
CFA is over hyped garbage.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogB:
quote:

Damn! That must be one heck of a sandwich!

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
Today was a day my grandkids needed transportation. Something about election day and the busses weren't running. So Grandma and I got called to duty. Picked up the 3 of them, 13, 10, 7 and headed toward our house. My plan was to feed them. Their Mommy feeds them a snack every afternoon after school, so I sprung for chicken.

They had the choice between Popeyes or CFA. The kids all wanted the CFA, so off we went. Since when does a snack cost me $26+? Its OK, I don't mind spending my SS on my grand Kids. To be fair, it was 2:30 and I had nothing to eat at that point. And the guy was nice and handed out the bags of food. Yes, CFA is way over rated. I took custody of the bags and drink carrier and handed out the food to the hungry kids.

Then I took my sammich. CFA has a sandwich preparation step which includes dipping both the top and the bottom of the bun in water, then dropping them in a waterproof foil bag (to keep the water in) so when you go to eat it you actually get it dripping. Never again.

But the kids ate most of their snack, leaving only some of the fries. And because I call the kids mine, I'd pay up again. But next time we're either going to Popeyes or Wendy's. I know if I go to a decent Wendy's, I'll get a good sandwich. Just not the one down at the interstate. It does its best to help inner city yoof get paid for lousy and surly service. I'm not that dumb.

Nuggets are better at Micky D's if they even have the chicken tenders (rare). We're reaching a point where fast food places can't get decent help, even paying top dollar. Surly and dirty is the order of the day. At least hiring the elderly gives them slow moving old women.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18385 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post