SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Popeye's Chicken Sandwich
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Popeye's Chicken Sandwich Login/Join 
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
Damn! That must be one heck of a sandwich!

The sandwich? Maybe. Maybe not.

Cutting in line through a pack of people that missed the fundamentals of kindergarten will produce events such as this one.

Flashing gang signs on social media may not help matters either (that or he had the arthritis of someone four times his age).

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I saw the fights on the news and my immediate thought was ,

Seth MacFarlane wrote this for Family guy
as a social comment cliche about those that choose eat at Popeyes.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
I saw the fights on the news and my immediate thought was ,

Seth MacFarlane wrote this for Family guy
as a social comment cliche about those that choose eat at Popeyes.

The Boondocks beat him to it. This is clip is from 2010.

Posts: 3172 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had one today for lunch. Sorry, but I'll stick with Chick Fil-A.

Posts: 3202 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Hey - fast food is serious business. Don't forget the vigil for the Taco Bell in Montgomery.

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIjJiK2yXlE

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12350 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Andyb:
Bravo to their marketing team...
Were the fist fights, trashy behavior in line and the shootings part of the marketing package?

These occurrences speak volumes about the low-rent customers of Popeye's. I like their chicken, but all of this hype is supposed to make the consumer view Popeye's as being the equal of Chick-Fil-A, and baby, that is so far from the truth, there's no way to describe it.

People in line at Popeye's having fist fights or shooting each other has nothing to do with the quality of Popeye's food. It has everything to do with the quality of the customers Popeye's attracts, and Popeye's isn't fit to clean Chick-Fil-A's fryers.

This whole thing "competition" is manufactured and stupid. How did you view Popeye's before their campaign, and how do you view them now? And how do you now view Chick-Fil-A as compared to Popeye's.

Winner- Chick-Fil-A

Assclown losers- Popeye's and their dipshit marketing people

Posts: 107260 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
Love this old video for a similar Popeye's incidents.

Posts: 1996 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
"You mean to tell me people can't feed they kids?"

Right, genius. The only place you can purchase food is Popeye's. Roll Eyes

Par for the course.

Posts: 107260 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Military Arms Collector
Picture of darkest2000
posted Hide Post
I've had 3 now, I'd say it's a better sandwich than Chick fi-A's and I prefer the Classic over Spicy.

I just hope that they'll be able to maintain QC once the hype settles down. This is the biggest issue I have with popeyes.

Posts: 10831 | Location: Orange County, CA, USA | Registered: March 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Ok, I actually had one of their spicy sandwiches last night. Figured going late might help me miss all the nonsense. For the most part it did. The sandwich was actually quite good, but in a totally different way than CFA's spicy chicken sandwich. Would I eat one again. Yes, I think I would.
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
How did you view Popeye's before their campaign, and how do you view them now?
As a fairly dirty place with bad service that I grudgingly subject myself to occasionally to feed a craving for their spicy chicken. Their spicy chicken sandwich will likely fit that exact same paradigm.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Bravo to their marketing team...
Were the fist fights, trashy behavior in line and the shootings part of the marketing package?

These occurrences speak volumes about the low-rent customers of Popeye's. I like their chicken, but all of this hype is supposed to make the consumer view Popeye's as being the equal of Chick-Fil-A, and baby, that is so far from the truth, there's no way to describe it.

People in line at Popeye's having fist fights or shooting each other has nothing to do with the quality of Popeye's food. It has everything to do with the quality of the customers Popeye's attracts, and Popeye's isn't fit to clean Chick-Fil-A's fryers.

This whole thing "competition" is manufactured and stupid. How did you view Popeye's before their campaign, and how do you view them now? And how do you now view Chick-Fil-A as compared to Popeye's.

Winner- Chick-Fil-A

Assclown losers- Popeye's and their dipshit marketing people

I view it exactly the same. However they managed to get the same customer base of degenerates flooding in all at once with a dash of social media idiots. Nothing changed besides the volume. So in that sense their marketing killed it IMO.

CFA might as well be Chicken holy ground compared

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3585 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Interesting comments. I have a Popeye's only 1/4 mile from my house and patronize it several times a week. I only use the drive-through, though, so am not exposed to whatever the nature of their inside clientele might be. I used to get 2 mild breasts, a couple of sides, and extra biscuits as my regular order, but lately I've been buying the chicken tenders instead of the breasts. Their tenders are the best I've found in the area, and I've tried KFC, Church's, Golden Chick, Cane's, and the nuggets at BK (which are barely adequate as food). I've not tried the Popeye's chicken sandwich--there's a CFA just a couple of miles up the road and I get my sandwiches (and a bowl of their wonderful chicken noodle soup!) there.

It seems I eat a lot of chicken: besides the above I mostly eat chicken dishes when I do Chinese: chicken Chow Mein; Hunan Chicken; Moo Goo Gai Pan; etc. (I don't "do" authentic Chinese food, just the Americanized stuff.)

I'll probably try a Popeye's chicken sandwich some day--on a Sunday when CFA is closed, maybe.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
Whats the minimum recommended loadout for going to Popeyes? Would this cover it?

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3440 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
^^^^^ AFAIC, that would be a little overkill for the Popeye's in my AO. I don't even hear any gunshots where I live (except on New Year's Eve).

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
Someday I'll own a 10mm and will try Popeyes.

Back when I rented in town, there was a Popeyes 1/4 mile from me. I swear it had order windows w/ steel bars. Only a 1/4 mile from me and I've yet to try Popeyes. Hmm.
Now, I can drive eight miles to a CFA and know Clark is working the floor, refilling drinks and stopping by to have a chat. I'm not sure Clark remembers me from the hoard of people that go through there but I remember him every time going the extra mile to make me feel like I'm a guest in his home.
There are also a couple ladies who work there who's abilities are challenged, except their ability to make me feel I'm in the right place.

Posts: 7320 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
Had one!! My son went to the Popeye's by us Wed. morning. They open at 10:00 and he was there around 10:40. 3 people ahead of him. I got the non-spicy sandwich and was pleased with it. Crunchy on the outside, tender and a little juicy on the inside. Very good sandwich for sure and will get another. He got the spicy, which he said isn't real spicy. The only difference in the sandwich's is the sauce on the buns.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by medic451:
Whats the minimum recommended loadout for going to Popeyes? Would this cover it?

Nah. Most locations in the ATL you’d better have an MRAP. Smile

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3955 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails.

We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled.

Is this a movie quote or combination of quotes? I can't figure out what it all means. Confused

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
I tried the classic and the spicy. The spicy was way too spicy. Like needed a glass of milk after spicy, and I can routinely eat hot foods no problem. The spicy wasn't that good, but the classic was a little better than chik-fil-a.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
Nah. Most locations in the ATL you’d better have an MRAP. Smile

That and SLAP rounds. Been to a few places in Atlanta unarmed, Yeah, not a good idea.

I'll go to the Chick, and yes, they still have the spicy chicken biscuit there. Big Grin

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post