SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Popeye's Chicken Sandwich
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Popeye's Chicken Sandwich Login/Join 
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
I eat from Popeye's about every 5-10 yrs I have never nor has anyone local I have talked to received their correct order....Ever!

Posts: 4409 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
Video in link- Woman trashed her car for a sandwich.
https://abc30.com/society/woma..._5lIUuNryy7CCqyLvA6s

The price paid for a Popeye's sandwich may be the most expensive, yet in the chicken craze.

A woman in Los Angeles will likely spend thousands of dollars to repair her car after she wrecked it at a drive-thru trying to secure her place in line.

Nearby customers took their cellphones out to record, as two drivers were in separate lines at a Popeye's in LA on Monday.

Just before reaching the drive-thru, the two lines merged into one, to serve customers.

When the driver of a Mercedes tried to pass another vehicle to get into the single line, she smashed into the barriers along the way, leaving scratches and dents on her car.

The person who recorded the video says the woman stayed in line and ended up getting the sandwich.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3446 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Texas Proud
Picture of texassierra
posted Hide Post
That's assuming the car was hers.

NRA Life Patron

Posts: 1905 | Location: DFW | Registered: March 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Well, that about does it for me. Apparently the Bieb's doesn't like it, so that's the end of it?

Justin Bieber Says Popeyes Chicken Sandwich Is ‘Not Worth The Hype’

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
As much as I hate to agree with the Bieb's, a friend brought me one for lunch today and it's good but it's not Chic Fil a good.

Posts: 3445 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fvyellowbird
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
quote:
Originally posted by Andyb:
Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails.

We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled.

Is this a movie quote or combination of quotes? I can't figure out what it all means. Confused

If I’m not mistaken it’s from The tv show Letterkenny. Great show, lots of great one-liners, such as this.

Hell, is other people! J-P S

Posts: 1140 | Location: St Simons Island, Georgia USA! | Registered: October 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark60:
...it's good but it's not Chic Fil a good.
Rethink this statement for a moment. Was it not as good, or was it very different from what CFA seeks to market? To me, its the latter. Its a good chicken sandwich that's rather different from CFA's. And yes, I too prefer CFA's offerings overall, but I think the Popeye's sandwich is still very good.

Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A couple years ago I was at a conference with 10 of the top chefs around the world
(Bourdain, Acheson, Lagasse, Kenji Lopez-Alt, etc ) and the question was asked "Is there a mainstream food that is so good it can't be improved upon" one of the chefs said Popeyes Fried Chicken the rest of the chefs agreed (it was the only thing they agreed on). I also agree. Whether you like the restaurant or not their fried chicken is great. I think their chicken sandwich is delicious and they have great side items that no one else offer.

Posts: 2 | Registered: July 28, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
...it's good but it's not Chic Fil a good.
Rethink this statement for a moment. Was it not as good, or was it very different from what CFA seeks to market? To me, its the latter. Its a good chicken sandwich that's rather different from CFA's. And yes, I too prefer CFA's offerings overall, but I think the Popeye's sandwich is still very good.

Very good sandwich but if offered a choice I like the CFA better, it's all personal taste. In a way Popeye's is better because it's 5 minutes from my office and CFA is 20. The line at Popeye's is only a couple cars long when I drive by and the line at CFA is still stupid long, like down the street long. CFA opened their first franchise here about a year ago and I lost count of how many times I drove out to get lunch and wound up having a bologna sandwich because the lines were down the road to get in. It hasn't changed much in that regard.

Posts: 3445 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
quote:
The line at Popeye's is only a couple cars long when I drive by and the line at CFA is still stupid long, like down the street long. CFA opened their first franchise here about a year ago and I lost count of how many times I drove out to get lunch and wound up having a bologna sandwich because the lines were down the road to get in.

I have an incredible aversion to lines. Last time I went to CFA the drive-through went around the block and the parking lot was packed. I was craving a CFA sandwich so bad I said screw it. I parked and walked in. NO LINE. Shocking. Everyone was seated. I ordered and was out the door under :03.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
It hasn't changed much in that regard.

And it likely won't, honestly. Not unless they open up extra locations.

When they opened their first location in Bellevue, WA in 2016 and followed it up with another in Tacoma a few months later, I was excited. Then I found out the lines were wrapped around the block and down the street at basically all times. I live about halfway between the two and damn near made the trip, and it would not have been anywhere close to reasonable. A year later, it was pretty much still the same thing. Then last year they opened one in our town. We go a few times a month on off-hours when it isn't quite a busy.

We have Popeye's out here, but I haven't been in one. Now that I think on it, I haven't been to one since maybe the 80's.

Posts: 17102 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PD:
quote:
The line at Popeye's is only a couple cars long when I drive by and the line at CFA is still stupid long, like down the street long. CFA opened their first franchise here about a year ago and I lost count of how many times I drove out to get lunch and wound up having a bologna sandwich because the lines were down the road to get in.

I have an incredible aversion to lines. Last time I went to CFA the drive-through went around the block and the parking lot was packed. I was craving a CFA sandwich so bad I said screw it. I parked and walked in. NO LINE. Shocking. Everyone was seated. I ordered and was out the door under :03.
You could also try the CFA app. Load it on your phone, create an account, then place your order online and it should be ready for you at the counter when you arrive. I've had very good luck with it even during the busiest of hours, and using it offers you perks.

The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
Originally posted by PD:
quote:

You could also try the CFA app. Load it on your phone, create an account, then place your order online and it should be ready for you at the counter when you arrive. I've had very good luck with it even during the busiest of hours, and using it offers you perks.

When the line at my local CFA is wrapped twice around the building and out into the service rd it still is less then 10 minutes to get through it. It would be interesting to know how many cars go through there during a lunch.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3848 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fvyellowbird:
quote:
quote:
Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails.

We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled.

Is this a movie quote or combination of quotes? I can't figure out what it all means. Confused

If I’m not mistaken it’s from The tv show Letterkenny. Great show, lots of great one-liners, such as this.

That pharse intrigued me also. I did a cut and paste and it’s attributed to: Super Colonel Sarge. Interesting reading on a rainy day. Red vs Blue.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by recoatlift:
quote:
Originally posted by fvyellowbird:
quote:
quote:

That pharse intrigued me also. I did a cut and paste and it’s attributed to: Super Colonel Sarge. Interesting reading on a rainy day. Red vs Blue.

Ha!

The first is from Letterkenny the second from RvB Smile

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3596 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I hear that the Popeye's sandwich is really good, to die for.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30640 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
This thread so energized me that I went to CFA today and had my usual #1 sandwich (no pickles) and bowl of soup. Delicious!

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Keepin’ it real, yo yo yo Big Grin

Posts: 33750 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Picked up some CFA tonight. About average line for the one by my house.

The Popeye's next door had a line as long or a bit longer. Typically, pre this craze, I dont recall seeing more than a couple cars in the parking lot.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15258 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:

I went to CFA today and had my usual #1 sandwich (no pickles)
I always order my Chick-Fil-A spicy chicken sandwich with extra pickles. You and I balance the universe’s pickle supply, and all is well.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30640 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post