SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Popeye's Chicken Sandwich
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Popeye's Chicken Sandwich Login/Join 
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Last week, I submitted my Sandwich Request Form. Today I received my confirmation code and I am scheduled to get line for my sandwich in March, 2020, guaranteed a wait of no more than 16 hours.

I'm stoked

This is exactly what happened when the IRS took over Krusty Burger.

"Fill out Schedule B. You should receive your burgers in 4 to 6 weeks."

Posts: 3185 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save an Elephant
Kill a Poacher
Picture of urbanwarrior238
posted Hide Post
I am almost a 'Red status' Chick-fil-A rewards member. Love Chick-fil-A. Especially like the Spicy chicken sandwich. It is tasty and can be eaten while driving and no juices or sauces or other condiments dripping all over your shirt. My easy go-to food even though it is an entirely across town drive for me.

Tried the Popeyes Spicy chicken sandwich yesterday. A store right down the street from my house.
10-minutes from order to delivery in drive thru-line. Not bad, about the same amount of time spent in a Chick-fil-A line on a good day.
Sandwich was good, I liked it. A big piece of chicken (must admit bigger than CFA)and very moist. I couldn't help but wonder if the "moist" wasn't from the oil it retained from the frying. Very tasty.

This sandwich was what I would call "wet" meaning the sauce they put on it is cause for dripping on your shirt while driving and it allowed the chicken to move around on the bun when biting into it.

Will I buy another? Probably, since this store is right by a Home Depot store where I like to go to window shop. It makes it convenient.

Will it replace CFA? Absolutely not. I still like the tried and true eat it in the car no mess on your shirt CFA Spicy chicken sandwich.

Definitely not worth all the hype but a good sandwich and apparently a good marketing/income scheme for Popeyes.

'I am the danger'...Hiesenberg
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1375 | Location: Escaped from Kalifornia to Arizona February 2022! | Registered: March 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
"...ain't nothing but a rat with a better reputation." Big Grin

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
8 pages? About a chicken sandwich?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Actually, half a page about the sandwich, seven and a half pages about everything surrounding the sandwich. Oh and a bunch of "CFA is better than Popeye's" comments. Wink

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Don't act dense.

Posts: 107505 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
I haven't read the thread. Just saw the title and the number of pages and thought it was funny.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
Big Grin Saw this one making the rounds...

Posts: 12541 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
I haven't read the thread. Just saw the title and the number of pages and thought it was funny.
Well, if you had taken the time to read the thread, you would see that this is not "8 pages about a chicken sandwich" and one of the people you were belittling with that comment is me and I'm not inclined to take that. What this thread is, in part, is commentary about social problems and cultural differences in this nation.

People who frequent Chick-Fil-A don't shoot, stab or beat each other while waiting in line. Neither do the CFA employees beat or berate customers or their fellow employees. Popeye's, on the other hand, will kill you before you've even placed your order. There is something fundamental at the core of this remarkable contrast.

Posts: 107505 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
I was underwhelmed.

Both by the sandwich and the staff. The staff made four mistakes in my order.

As I was the only customer, I can't comment on that aspect of my trip, though it was in an upscale area, albeit one where a 17 year old woman leaving a local mosque was murdered by an illegal (and not because of her religion- he felt "disrespected").

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31429 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
I know I stepped in it. I thought people had discovered the next McRib or something. Never occurred to me it went deeper than that. Sorry, fellas.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I thought I would see what all the fuss was about, so I checked out the local Popeye's in Greater Metropolitan Downtown Apopka on my way home.

The parking lot was almost full, so I decided not to go inside.

There were a dozen or more cars in the drive-up lane, with no visible motion, so that did not look like a winner, either.

So instead, I stopped at Chick-Fil-A, got speedy courteous service, and a good sandwich.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post