SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Popeye's Chicken Sandwich
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Popeye's Chicken Sandwich Login/Join 
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by Sportshooter:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by Sportshooter:
They ran out of chicken? Don’t you wonder what position the platoon of presidential candidates have to say about this? It could mean free chicken for everyone. Roll Eyes
Any clue as to why I'm quoting your post? Take a guess.
I’m not sure, but whatever I did that offended you, I apologize.
There was no reason at all to interject politics into this thread. Please refrain from posting political commentary in apolitical threads. I and most members of this forum tired long ago of having poitics bleed over into everything.

Ah that’s right. I just forgot. Sorry guys.

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
That trash can is probably cleaner than anything else behind the counter at a Popeye's!

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12417 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
They closed the Popeyes here down to make a new parking lot for the Post Office, the cool thing about it was the town has wild chicken/roosters that roam, and 9 times out of 10 they were hanging around the Popeyes.

Posts: 23448 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't think I could ever eat a Popeyes even if we had one.

A while back they were running an add for some sort of boneless chicken cut into strips, but not all the way separated. Still stuck together. I looked over at my old lady and said that it looked like a deep fried hand.

Grossed me out.

They are putting the finishing touches on a new Chick-Fil-A, so I'm looking forward to that.

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:

They closed the Popeyes here down to make a new parking lot for the Post Office, the cool thing about it was the town has wild chicken/roosters that roam, and 9 times out of 10 they were hanging around the Popeyes.
My delivery route has changed, so it's been a while since I have been through there. I did not know that the Popeye's had closed.

I was informed that the chickens that used to hang around the Popeye's were official city pets and protected by an ordinance. Is that true? Or was the person who told me that, pulling my chain?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30668 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:

My delivery route has changed, so it's been a while since I have been through there. I did not know that the Popeye's had closed.

I was informed that the chickens that used to hang around the Popeye's were official city pets and protected by an ordinance. Is that true? Or was the person who told me that, pulling my chain?
That's downtown Oviedo, right?

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
That's downtown Oviedo, right?

Yesireebob...

Not sure about the political protection, but nobody messed with them, don't see them much anymore, they did crap up the entrance to the post office LOL...

My hound loved to sit in the truck and watch them cluck around....

New Popeyes is up by the new downtown Oviedo park area....

Posts: 23448 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Posted on youtube today. Popeye's employees brawling. See, this has nothing to do with demand for their food. This has to do with the kinds of people Popeye's employs and the kinds of customers it attracts.

The only thing Popeye's has in common with Chick-Fil-A is that they happen to be on the same planet. Unfortunately.

Posts: 107580 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
Keepin’ it real, yo. Smile

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3968 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
Ok I had one Saturday(sandwich, not a hoot fight)
It's a little larger chicken protion than the Chick Fil A and uses the same bun.
Their plain one is a little spicy.
My friend John had the spicy one and said it was a little zingy. But not overly spicy.
Overall it's a good sandwich. But you don't get the service Chick Fil A has.

I won't go out of my way for another.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39752 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
That's just... Unbelievable. The liability exposure of having employees of that caliber is frightening.

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3620 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I was in a Chick-Fil-A this week. 12:30 in the afternoon. Prime time. Two lines at the drive-thru. Busy as all get-out. I wanted my lunch to go, but I went inside and ordered at the counter (try this sometime, instead of going through the drive-thru). Very fast to do it this way. The lady who took my order was just as sweet as could be. I mean, really very, very nice. My food was out in no time, not even two minutes. In and out in less than five minutes, from pulling into the parking lot, to pulling out. No bullshit about running out of chicken, no tussles with customers, no static from surly employees. Popeye's aint a patch on Chick-Fil-A's ass.

Posts: 107580 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had the Zaxbys Chipotle Chx Sandwich today to compare. Besides the “meal” being $3 more expensive it was just not good. I’ll not be ordering another

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6226 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by parabellum:
Posted on youtube today. Popeye's employees brawling. See, this has nothing to do with demand for their food. This has to do with the kinds of people Popeye's employs and the kinds of customers it attracts.[QUOTE]

Feral children with no communication skills or positive parental influence, from a sub-culture where the primary means of dealing with one another is violence. Why would anyone be surprised at the behavior? The entertainment, on the other hand, is priceless. Keep those videos coming!

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
We are blessed with a "Non-Inner-City" Popeye's. Service is good, staff are friendly. Nearest Chick-fil-a is 22 miles away.

My only gripe with Popeye's, no more Shrimp Po-boy.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
That was actually a pretty epic fight Para posted. Decent hand speed and good lateral movement from both combatants. I prefer the Chick-Fil-A sandwich...it's classic.

Posts: 1971 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pure ghetto rats.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:...but I went inside and ordered at the counter (try this sometime, instead of going through the drive-thru). Very fast to do it this way.

Truth.
As a society, there's enough lazy asses, that have tipped the scales, where the drive-thru line is longer than the counter line. So now, is the drive-thru more for speed or, visual representation of laziness? Roll Eyes

Forget the line and dealing with the idiots, make it yourself.

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23254 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
Ok, seriously, can it get any worse? Roll Eyes
https://nypost.com/2019/11/12/...es-over-garbage-can/

Sweet Christ. Anyone who's ever worked a kitchen knows what they're seeing there. That's a double-bagged bin on rollers with the bags pulled taut, which means there's weight in those bags and no billowing at the top. Those are the bins that get used next to all of the nastiest duties in the kitchen and are usually found next to the dishwashing station. The absolute worst shit in the kitchen goes in those. There's no way that bin was empty. Dude just grabbed a baking sheet and plopped it on the nearest available surface.

There's no way a manager didn't see that, and more likely, told him to do it. I had a retard for a manager once, who instructed me to use oven cleaner to clean some oven sheets, and that's a whole other story worth another discussion but she was probably a good forty IQ points above whoever is running that kitchen there. Franchise owner trying to do damage control and doing a shit job of it.

Posts: 17125 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post