SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Victim Nails Purse Snatcher with her SUV
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Victim Nails Purse Snatcher with her SUV Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Every now and then I see or read something that restores my faith in humanity.

This does it bigly.

If more criminals got that type of response - we would have MUCH less crime no doubt.

------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
I've often said that if people bought they might be killed for trying to steal people's stuff, there'd be a lot less stealin' going on.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15573 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
Here is a video
Looks like the identical videos as the ABC one in the OP's link. Fox looks like they zoomed in to eliminate ABC's watermark.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23249 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I don't care if it's legal or not. I'm just glad she nailed that trash. Should've killed him.

Yup!

And as I understand it, she is charged with a misdemeanor. Penalty cannot be all that bad, it would seem.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Only a jury in Detroit, Baltimore or Oakland would convict her of anything.

Nullification needs to come into play. Y'see, that's a two way street. Surprise!

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:
quote:
I don't care if it's legal or not. I'm just glad she nailed that trash. Should've killed him.

Yup!

And as I understand it, she is charged with a misdemeanor. Penalty cannot be all that bad, it would seem.

I understand the need to satisfy justice, but I would like to see an organized effort of sacrifice to relieve her of the consequences. Mercy, I believe it would be called.

I don't think I would have done what she did, but I'm glad she did it. I think the greater harm to society would happen if people just rolled over and let the dross have their way.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29695 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:
quote:

Yup!

I understand the need to satisfy justice, but I would like to see an organized effort of sacrifice to relieve her of the consequences. Mercy, I believe it would be called.

I don't think I would have done what she did, but I'm glad she did it. I think the greater harm to society would happen if people just rolled over and let the dross have their way.

YES. Our world and nation are going downhill because we are being so tolerant of everyone's crimes and issues. Don't necessarily want all the thieves to get their hand chopped off, but our criminal justice system seems to be a revolving door with most criminals out on the street the same day they're booked.

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Daily Mail covered it too with a video

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/new...suspected-thief.html

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4224 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
Maybe she shouldn't have done it but i'm glad she did.
she should claim she just intended to stop him. if she wanted to hurt him she would have been going 60

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
that's a two way street. Surprise!

I see what you did there... Big Grin

-----------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I hope her vehicle wasn't badly damaged.

Posts: 26904 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
I think LDD or ArcWelder once said the only sure fire man stopper is the brush guard on a Ford F350 Super Dually doing 60.

I think a Ford Explorer is also be able to do the job.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31436 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by snidera:
If she ran over a purse snatcher, what do you think she'd do to a judge that sentences her?
What in the world are you talking about?

Poorly worded attempt at humor. Sounded better in my head (more echoes).

I got screamed at last night because my pillow was touching the headboard - I can't imagine the consequences of actually wronging a pregnant woman.

Posts: 3297 | Location: IN | Registered: January 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shorted to Atmosphere
Picture of Shifferbrains
posted Hide Post
He's probably a druggie, so he is probably happy for the hospital stay.

The POS should be staring at grass roots.

Posts: 5199 | Location: Manteca, CA | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
If she was driving an F350 4X4 that might have ended differently.....

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
Running with a Ford Explorer seems a little like running with the bulls.

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He was throwing her possessions out of her purse. She stopped him.

Play on.

Posts: 1351 | Location: WI | Registered: July 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
Five months preggers?

With my wife each day was like trying to defuze a thermonuclear bomb, while blind drunk, in the dark, underwater, using a 3' pipe wrench and 20 pound sledge.

When my wife was 8 months along with my little girl she was kind and patient enough to cart my drunken ass to and from my company Christmas party. ON the way home there was some super confusing detour for road construction and the local PD pulled us over for suspicion of DUI...Now< i know the poor cop was just doing his job but I recall he was a bit of an ass and my wife unleashed on him like only a tired, pregnant womwn could!

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's like that guy (New York State somewhere?) who got robbed while doing a Craigslist transaction, chased the BG and ran him down with his SUV. Ripped off the BG's arm. He was charged, too, and I haven't seen any follow-up to that one. I'm still hoping for a happy ending there, and in this new case as well.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9158 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
seems pretty cut and dried to me

she defended herself and did what she needed to do to protect herself from a criminal

I think what she did was great

how many times have cops run over or run into fleeing suspects - and the cops weren't the victim?

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53177 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post