SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    GA prisoners escape, killing two guards
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

GA prisoners escape, killing two guards Login/Join 
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Are they shown wearing jewelry that was stolen?

Fucking murderous scumbags!

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:

You in Christiana or the Boro

Closer to Bell Buckle.
So about 6 mi. as the crow flies to where thay were cought.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4117 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Warhorse:
Are they shown wearing jewelry that was stolen?

Fucking murderous scumbags!

So they would blend in with the population.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
I hope Georgia has capital punishment.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31378 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jodel-Time
Picture of Mboroman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cparktd:
Closer to Bell Buckle.
So about 6 mi. as the crow flies to where they were caught.

I bicycle throughout the area and regularly pass by where they were caught. In fact, I went by there a few days earlier. By the sound of it, you must be down off Liberty Pike? Some beautiful country out there.

Posts: 559 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: May 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
I hope Georgia has capital punishment.

We fry them like bacon here.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39716 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
too bad they were caught alive

but kudos for the two homeowners for capturing them - nice job

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire for effect
posted Hide Post
I cannot reference this, but, this morning the Today Show said that the two escapees lost their guns when the jeep crashed. So when the homeowner captured them, they didn't have guns to fight back.
If this is true, I hope that the man who captured them seriously understood just how dangerous were the two men trying to steel his car. If they had guns, I would expect them to use them. Trying to capture two men who are desperate and armed and willing to kill would be a challenge. I hope that he was willing and capable of handling that challenge.

"Ride to the sound of the big guns."

Posts: 7210 | Location: South Georgia | Registered: May 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire for effect
posted Hide Post
OK, now there is a reference with more.
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/s...OME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

"Ride to the sound of the big guns."

Posts: 7210 | Location: South Georgia | Registered: May 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
http://www.tennessean.com/stor...their-way/403691001/

CHRISTIANA, Tenn. — Pruitt Road residents in this rural Rutherford County town were on guard when fugitives Ricky Dubose and Donnie Rowe came their way on the third day of the manhunt for the accused killers.

Aware of a freeway chase and gunfire on nearby Interstate 24, Patrick Hale said he loaded every gun in his house after neighbors called to say that two fugitives were possibly headed his way.

One minute later, he saw the convicts cross a barbed-wire fence 300 yards away from his back door and come onto his property.

"I prayed like I have never prayed before," said Hale, 35

After calling 911, Hale said he was confronted with the choice of whether to lock his family and himself in a panic room or to flee.

"We got in the car and backed up quick only to find the gentlemen had been running and got much closer to my house," Hale said. "They began to take off their shirts and wave them at us as if to slow us down."

Though his weapon was on him, Hale said he did not have to draw his gun.

"I began to slowly back up as they came closer," he said. "At that point, I realized I had two ex-cons wanted for murder who just shot at law enforcement and nothing to lose. And for some reason, they started to surrender and lay down on their stomachs on my concrete driveway.

"If that doesn't make you believe in Jesus Christ, I don't know what will."

Hale said deputies arrived three minutes later, but before they came, the fugitives rose to their feet to walk a short way for a drink of water. During that time, Hale realized he had a shotgun in a truck with a full tank of gas nearby.

"I was ready to do whatever I could. It was just me and my daughter that day," he said.

During the chaos of the manhunt, a 911 dispatcher described the scene at Hale's house: “They are walking over to our complainant now with their hands up in their air. They’ve taken their shirts off."

Hale said the men, after getting a drink from a water faucet, laid back down on his driveway.

Posts: 19502 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Interesting outcome.
Afraid to surrender directly to the police?

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Christiana is where the Barrett factory and the Barrett gun store sits.

Posts: 6005 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
Interesting outcome.
Afraid to surrender directly to the police?

Bet you're right.

Posts: 6354 | Location: Modesto, CA | Registered: January 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Yeah, and this cowardly trash surrendered without so much as a whimper, because their lives are important to them, unlike the lives of the innocent men they murdered in order to get a few days of freedom.

I hope this trash is transferred to maximum security and kept confined 24 hours a day for the rest of their worthless lives.

Hopefully short lives, as the state of GA rids society of them in an expeditious manner.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
As someone that has personally supervised death row inmates that have killed corrections officers, I can state with authority that any inmate that has killed a corrections officer will REALLY not enjoy their stay. They will likely be segregated in max for the rest of their lives, with very angry, and unhelpful corrections officers supervising them. They will likely find themselves on hunger strike several times a year, whether they like it or not.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
quote:
"I began to slowly back up as they came closer," he said. "At that point, I realized I had two ex-cons wanted for murder who just shot at law enforcement and nothing to lose. And for some reason, they started to surrender and lay down on their stomachs on my concrete driveway.

They most likely knew that rural TN is "get your ass killed ville".

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear this but I'm a little confused by the last paragraph. Wasn't it one man who held them at gunpoint until the police arrived?

PUTNAM COUNTY, Ga. – Putnam County Sheriff now says he's confident the $130,000 reward offered for the capture of two escaped inmates will be paid out.

In a statement released Sunday, Sheriff Howard Sills explained why he initially said the reward would not be dispensed and why his decision had changed.

Ricky Dubose and Donnie Rowe were arrested Thursday evening in the rural community of Christiana, Tennessee, ending a three-day manhunt. The men are accused of killing Sgt. Christopher Monica and Sgt. Curtis Billue and escaping from a prison bus on state Highway 16 in Putnam County.

During a news conference Thursday, Sills said he announced the reward money would not be paid out after receiving incorrect information from Tennessee authorities, claiming the suspects surrendered to law enforcement—who are prohibited from receiving rewards.

However, Sills said he later learned that Rowe and Dubuse had not surrendered to deputies in Tennessee.

We are “investigating and assessing the situation and if there were people who were in fact responsible for providing information which resulted in the arrests of the fugitives, there would be payments made accordingly,” said Sills.

Patrick Hale is the man authorities are crediting with holding the two escapees until authorities arrived.

But authorities have not announced how and to whom the reward money will be dispersed.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017...inmates-capture.html

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think its sounding more like they just 'surrendered' to the guy who was driving down his long rural driveway. (they had lost their guns by that point...).

The cops rolled up like two minutes later as they were in hot pursuit having chased them through the wood line.

So at issue is whether the homeowner actually did anything to merit the reward vs. just sort of 'being there'.

The 'held them at gunpoint' angle may be overstating it.

----------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
I think its sounding more like they just 'surrendered' to the guy who was driving down his long rural driveway.

Great! So pay the man the reward money.

Had he not been there, they wouldn't have surrendered to him, and they wouldn't have been there when the police showed up.

I don't believe it should have anything to do with the degree or "merit". The reward was for information leading to their capture. Because of him they were captured. Why do those who offer these rewards always try to weasel out of paying them?

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15693 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
They "Lost their guns in the wreck".

I wonder if they weren't just out of ammo at this point, after shooting the guards and shooting at the LEO during the pursuit.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4117 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post