SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    GA prisoners escape, killing two guards
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

GA prisoners escape, killing two guards Login/Join 
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
At least the good guys got something. More to come I hope.

ATLANTA – Georgia authorities have given $10,000 apiece to two Tennessee households for help catching two inmates accused of killing their guards while escaping from a prison bus.

The Georgia Bureau of Investigation said in an email Friday that the agency decided to equally split the $20,000 portion of the reward it had offered. GBI spokeswoman Nelly Miles said the recipients' names are being withheld at their request.

A total of $130,000 was offered for information leading to the arrest of Ricky Dubose and Donnie Rowe. It wasn't immediately clear if or when other parts of the reward would be distributed.

The two Georgia prisoners face charges including murder in the killings of Sgt. Christopher Monica and Sgt. Curtis Billue on June 13. They were arrested two days later in Tennessee.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017...atching-inmates.html

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
quote:
I think its sounding more like they just 'surrendered' to the guy who was driving down his long rural driveway.

Great! So pay the man the reward money.

Had he not been there, they wouldn't have surrendered to him, and they wouldn't have been there when the police showed up.

I don't believe it should have anything to do with the degree or "merit". The reward was for information leading to their capture. Because of him they were captured. Why do those who offer these rewards always try to weasel out of paying them?

Surrendering may have saved their lives, for now. With the police only 2 minutes behind them, and having killed two in uniform, they were probably expecting the worse.

-c1steve

Posts: 4041 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post