SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    GA prisoners escape, killing two guards
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

GA prisoners escape, killing two guards Login/Join 
Picture of rangeme101
posted Hide Post
Atlanta morning rock DJ said from a local source in area of incident. one guard fell asleep and that a gate was left unlocked. Older guy overpowered sleeping guard and got to a gun box. The younger one took gun and shot one guard 9 times. When the second guard refused to unlock the other gates he was shot in face.

As DblTap advised unfortunately there might have been some complacenty involved. No matter how it happened it is still a very sad incident.

" like i said,....i didn't build it, i didn't buy it, and i didn't break it."

Posts: 1299 | Location: N. Georgia | Registered: March 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
These two have stayed on the run longer than I've thought. If they've gone through multiple vehicles, they've probably put a lot of miles between themselves and the point of escape.

Does GA have the death penelty? I would assume these two would be prime candidates for it.

And, also, why is someone doing life without being held in medium security? He has no incentive not to try and break out. Both are armed robbers, so they have violent histories.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
The fugitives have been caught in Tennessee.

Was hoping for a different outcome...

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Tied up a family and stole their jeep in Shelbyville, then caught around Murfreesboro.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
Tied up a family and stole their jeep in Shelbyville, then caught around Murfreesboro.

LINKY?

Posts: 12580 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Damn, they were caught right near me. Another reminder of why to carry

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:

Damn indeed, caught only about 8 miles from my house! I was home all day... And had been lazy... and all my guns were still locked in the gun cabinet, ever since I had been out of town a few days last week.

I would have recognized them from their photos, but would have been unarmed and helpless pretty much...

Must. Do. Better.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4118 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
snip:
The men gave chase and traveled at speeds around 100 mph on Interstate 24.
snip:
the pair opened fired on two police vehicles and fled on foot after crashing near mile marker 91.
snip:
The men were ultimately taken into custody at a home on Pruitt Road after a foot pursuit.

link
http://wkrn.com/2017/06/15/pol...d-county-foot-chase/

So why are these scum still consuming oxygen???
the pair opened fired on two police vehicles

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4118 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rangeme101
posted Hide Post
Glad it's over. Too bad they still breath though. They made some distance. Wonder if they came up 75. I was actually a little more alert these past few days. Thinking if they headed north they could have easily been in my backyard. You just never know.

And there should have been an updated photo of these guys for this incident. The older guy doesn't look much like the photo that was posted. He has lost some weight since the posted photo used. He could have easily been passed by, by most. The younger didn't have chance of blending in with those facial tats. Freakin scum.

" like i said,....i didn't build it, i didn't buy it, and i didn't break it."

Posts: 1299 | Location: N. Georgia | Registered: March 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
A lot at my work irritates me or bothers me, but the one thing that bothers me the absolute most is complacency/laziness from transportation deputies. They think nothing bad will ever happen. Dumb reason to die.

Posts: 6354 | Location: Modesto, CA | Registered: January 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like two armed citizens caught the two and held them for the cops to show up.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017...t-until-arrests.html

A Tennessee homeowner held two escaped inmates wanted in the killing of two prison guards at gunpoint Thursday until authorities arrived and made the arrests.

Tennessee Highway Patrol spokesman Lt. Bill Miller said late Thursday that the homeowner caught Donnie Rowe and Ricky Dubose trying to steal his vehicle.

Posts: 1474 | Location: Washington | Registered: August 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sgt Neutron:
Looks like two armed citizens caught the two and held them for the cops to show up.

Nice work! I hope they get the reward money.
quote:
Authorities had offered a $130,000 reward for information leading to the arrest of the fugitives, whom Sills had called "dangerous beyond description."

Posts: 15001 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yeah, and this cowardly trash surrendered without so much as a whimper, because their lives are important to them, unlike the lives of the innocent men they murdered in order to get a few days of freedom.

I hope this trash is transferred to maximum security and kept confined 24 hours a day for the rest of their worthless lives.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107260 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cparktd:
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:

Damn indeed, caught only about 8 miles from my house! I was home all day... And had been lazy... and all my guns were still locked in the gun cabinet, ever since I had been out of town a few days last week.

I would have recognized them from their photos, but would have been unarmed and helpless pretty much...

Must. Do. Better.

You in Christiana or the Boro

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cparktd:

I would have recognized them from their photos, but would have been unarmed and helpless pretty much...Must. Do. Better.

I have said it here before and will repeat:

If most victims of violent crime had known what was going to happen to them that day,they would have done things differently.

Posts: 12580 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of John Steed
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by joel9507:
quote:
Originally posted by Sgt Neutron:

Nice work! I hope they get the reward money.
quote:
Authorities had offered a $130,000 reward for information leading to the arrest of the fugitives, whom Sills had called "dangerous beyond description."
I can't imagine they will not get the reward. Maybe the authorities could get Charles Schumer to present it to these brave gun owning citizens.

... stirred anti-clockwise.

Posts: 2057 | Location: Michigan | Registered: May 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I can't imagine the guys who captured this trash not getting the reward money. They didn't just spot the murders, they apprehended them.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107260 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steve495
posted Hide Post
If I were Trump, I'd give the two homeowners who captured them at gunpoint the Medal of Freedom.

Steve

Small Business Website Design & Maintenance - https://spidercreations.net | OpSpec Training - https://opspectraining.com | Grayguns - https://grayguns.com

Evil exists. You can not negotiate with, bribe or placate evil. You're not going to be able to have it sit down with Dr. Phil for an anger management session either.

Posts: 4988 | Location: Windsor Locks, Conn. | Registered: July 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by steve495:
If I were Trump, I'd give the two homeowners who captured them at gunpoint the Medal of Freedom.

He should create a new one and call it the Bloomberg Award just to remind some people that like to claim no crimes have been stopped by armed private citizens.
I was surprised to see that even CNN had it on their front page. No so for MSNBC however. In fact I didn't see that story anywhere on their site.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post