SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    New (to me) Car Day
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New (to me) Car Day Login/Join 
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TKO:
Coming out of an AMG when I leased the C300 there were quite a few changes, but nothing hard to get used to. I thought I was done with performance cars but after a year I had to scratch the itch again. Wife inherited it as a run around since Ive still got 20 months on the lease and I'd have taken a beating to get rid of it.

I drove a C400 first, and loved the performance it had, and the Airmatic suspension.
I can only imagine how much more a full-bore AMG would be. Eek

My grandmother is on her 2nd current-gen S550 (2014, flooded by hurricane Harvey, replaced with a CPO 2015), and that twin-turbo V8 is a rocket, while being whisper quiet inside at 100mph.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15307 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
BBQ Sauce for Everyone!
Picture of TKO
posted Hide Post
Picked mine up used on a totally impulse purchase July 4th at a dealer in Scottsdale...

Easily my favorite car of all time but it was time to let it go.

Just grabbed this two Mondays ago.

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein

Posts: 8121 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
The W204 wasn't my favorite C generation, but those C63s are beastly.

Nice choice with the M4, though.

It'd be a genuinely tough choice if I had to decide between a C63 & an M3.

Honestly, as happy as I am with me 300, I think a C43 would be perfect for my daily driver.

Posts: 15307 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
BBQ Sauce for Everyone!
Picture of TKO
posted Hide Post
Having driven it for two weeks now I can say they are definitely different cars. I really loved the sound of the 63, and the raw power and acceleration of that motor.

For the M4, it's a drivers car. Its comfortable, has a great ride, and has enough HP to make you grin, but when you toss it into a corner at speed...

I havent driven any of the smaller engine AMG's yet.

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein

Posts: 8121 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the new car. Looks good.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TKO:
Having driven it for two weeks now I can say they are definitely different cars. I really loved the sound of the 63, and the raw power and acceleration of that motor.

For the M4, it's a drivers car. Its comfortable, has a great ride, and has enough HP to make you grin, but when you toss it into a corner at speed...

I havent driven any of the smaller engine AMG's yet.

The only AMG I have any experience with is an SLK32, years ago.
One of these days....

An AMG E63S Estate would be perfect.

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Anubismp:
Very nice. I've looked at one for the family once my wifes Passat kicks the bucket so please drop us an update on how its going after a while if you remember.

Tiny update.
Took the car in for a few fixes yesterday.
-Courtesy LED in the driver's door exterior handle was out
-Squeak from front left suspension
-A/C always blows on the windshield, regardless of setting.

They called this morning. Blend motor for the windshield re-initialized, door handle being replaced (bulb is a non-replaceable part I guess).
Suspension squeak was a strut issue & a replacement has been ordered.

It's pretty amazing (thought not surprising) the massive difference in the level of service from Mercedes as compared to Ford (and with 2 vehicles with an MSRP within 2k of each other).

They gave me a 2018 CLA250 for a loaner, I miss my car. The CLA isn't bad as a whole, but definitely not as refined as the C-class.