SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I need new charging cords for Apple
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I need new charging cords for Apple Login/Join 
Dances With
Tornados
posted
IIRC there was a thread a few months ago requesting advice on new charging cords of Apple products. A search revealed nothing so I think it's been pruned.

I need 2 or 3 new charging cords for my iPhone and 2 iPads.

I bought 2 at wallymart but they're not good, they charge ok but the devices act weird and do odd things while plugged in, things that they're not supposed to do.

What do we like?

Thanks in advance.

Posts: 11837 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
One word....Anker!

https://www.anker.com/products/taxons/110/Cables

Available on Amazon! Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8865 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
silence is acceptance
Picture of birddog1
posted Hide Post
No suggestion to offer but tagged to follow this as well since my cords seem to mysteriously disappear at home.

Posts: 2337 | Location: Massillon, OH | Registered: January 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
I've got three of these and they work great. Really nice having them 6' long too.

Posts: 5071 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I have had good service from Anker chargers and cords.

Posts: 26892 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Anker.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
I've used several of the Anker cords from Amazon. No issues.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
AmazonBasics Apple Certified Lightning to USB Cable - 6 Feet (1.8 Meters), White https://www.amazon.com/dp/B010...cp_api_U3lMzbDYWK0DB

Posts: 45369 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
Anker are solid. Get a longer one for the home. I have a 6 ft and love it.

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Suppressed
posted Hide Post
I have a pile of dead Anker cords and cigarette lighter adapters. I have found that they are marginally better than the cheaper products. They just stop working, even with gentle use.

Posts: 3229 | Location: MD | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
In alphabetical order: Amazon Basics, Anker, MonoPrice.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30641 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Suppressed:
I have a pile of dead Anker cords and cigarette lighter adapters. I have found that they are marginally better than the cheaper products. They just stop working, even with gentle use.

I'm in a simlar boat. 3 out of 5 cables purchased at the beginning of the summer are bad. 2 of the 3 are their top off the line.

Posts: 10908 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have Best But generic USB wall warts I've used to charge my Garmin running watches for several years now and they still work just fine.

As for my Apple products, with the cost of these device the ONLY charging cables or devices are Apple products. Yeah, they do cost more but it's cheap when you look at the price for an Iphone 7.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5643 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Monoprice.com without hesitation. Go to their site and create an account. Then order any of their iPhone cables and keep the emailed receipt. If any of them fail for any reason, simply contact Monoprice customer support and they'll send you a new cable. I've done this a few times with the cables for my son's iPhone and Monoprice sent me brand new cables without any muss or fuss. Great solution for these delicate Apple cables.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
The OEM cables are specifically designed to be weak and need replacing within 6 months- I'd bet good money on it.

Ive had good luck with Anker cables. They have several different lines, to include some that are very heavy duty.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Monoprice. I still use a premium one from them, 3 years later, every day.

Newer ones, I get these:
https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=12870

Sig P226 .40 S&W
Sig SP2022 9mm
RIA 1911 Gov't .45
...and more

Posts: 719 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Currently using these.

https://eshop.macsales.com/ite...search/ARUSBA3LZVBK/

Work great, fast shipping, and the price is right.

-k

Posts: 178 | Registered: January 27, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I had one Anker that failed. They replaced it, no questions asked. In fact, they contacted me about replacing it when I left a review on Amazon that stated the problem.

Posts: 26892 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Anker or Amazon Basics

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16391 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Don't have Apple. But I do have and use Anker for my Android gear.

Really Good Stuff.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post